GDT: Free Agent Frenzy - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Confound

Vindication
Oct 28, 2010
Maine
Dustin Penner come on down! I don't even care for any free agents that are left except for maybe Brunner. I would like Chia to try and make a trade for a youngish winger that can score and has speed.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I'd rather trade one of the #3-7 defenseman and a prospect for help on the wing instead of Iginla, who I think is just about done.

If he'd take a 1 year deal (which he likely won't), I'd consider that it nothing more.

goalieman40

Feb 27, 2006
New Hampshire
To me that leaves Penner, Brunner, Iginla (which I still wouldn't mind) or someone via trade like Setoguchi or something completely out of left field. I have a feeling he was going for Ryan too and lost out to Ottawa.

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
Montreal had no problems walking away from Ryder and signing an old, washed up Briere instead. The results always seem decent but I think he drives coaches mad. Heck he drove Bruins fans mad much of his time with the Bruins.

11MilesPerJohan

@BeingAHumanBean
Nov 8, 2011
McLean Hospital
It looks like the Bs are shopping for the short-term, low-cost guys, and if they don't accept the price the Bruins are offering, then they are moving on. If one of these guys bites on a low-ball offer, then they will bring them in, but maybe they are trying to save some room for a trade or offer sheet. At least, that's what I hope is happening. Hopefully the next shoe drops and this all makes a little more sense.

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
Why wouldn't you want Iginla? Him on the 2nd line would be incredible.

Playoffs aside, the guy put up 33 points in 44 games last season (11 points in 13 games with Pitts) and (shortened season aside) hasn't scored less than 30 goals since 2000.

Sure he may have slowed down a bit as he gets up there in age, but he's not going to regress that poorly. And really, 12 points in 15 games in the playoffs isn't too terrible (better than Seguin)

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
tumblr_m4in9srVNS1rwcc6bo1_400.gif

Ryder to NJ...wooot

normalpsychology

Oct 27, 2011
Mass
Can't speak for Dobby but I think with Wards knee woes he stands a shot of more playing time.
Just a hunch.

I think Khudobin will get more of a chance to play in Carolina than many think. Ward has been on a fast decline lately and has injury concerns as mentioned. This past season he struggled to maintain starter position with with Dan Ellis. They put up almost identical stats and Ward even had the benefit of playing with a healthy Faulk for much of his time. There is a love affair in Carolina with Ward given the way he came in during the cup year, but like I said his position as a starter was even questioned this past season with Ellis behind him. I wouldn't be surprised if it is a 1a 1b situation there next year.

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
Wait to see how upset they get when Jordan Caron gets ice time.
well that will upset me too and probably chiarelli as well...he will do something, i for one am happy he never settled for ryder...i would be good with iginla, unlike most people here, I still saw him play in Calgary and saw he had lots left. The guy still played well for Pittsburgh too until he met the Bruins. Lots of Pens looked bad against us...I would love to see his one timer on our power play...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad