GDT: Free Agent Frenzy - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

DocToboggan

Jan 31, 2013
MA
I like Boyes better than what's left to be honest.

Especially if he'll take a Ryder like deal.

Brunner and Boyes would be at the top of my list now. Iginla I'd stay away from unless he's willing to accept a 1 year deal.

Hemsky is interesting cause he shouldn't cost much in a trade and has some skill. Guy just never seems to be healthy though.

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
From the main board Lapierre thread:

Schwartz-Backes-Oshie
Perron-Berglund-Stewart
Steen-Sobotka-Tarasenko
Porter-Lapierre-Reaves
Cracknell/Aucoin

That's what our fowards are looking like right now. There has to be a trade in the works.

Blues have too many forwards, people in this thread have mentioned Chris Stewart. Would be a great fit.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
It's a pride thing for some fans, not a hockey thing. As long as the Bruins teammates are okay with it I would love to add Iginla.

Personally, I just think he's done being anything more than a 35-40 point guy.

If he'll come here for a year or two at 3 million per, I guess it would be okay.

Otherwise, I would rather they look elsewhere.

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
Hemsky has been healthier the last couple seasons, he just hasn't been that good. I'd still be interested, especially if Edmonton retained salary like rumoured.

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
I'd wager he is closer to 50 points than 70 next year, let alone in two years.

In Boston? Closer to 40.

He is skating in the shadows of his twilight.

He hasn't had less than 67 points in a season (with the exception of this shortened season, where he was on pace for around the same amount) since 1999-2000. I don't think he'll regress that badly. Not saying that he's going to be anywhere close to where he was in his prime, but he's going to produce.

Confound

Vindication
Oct 28, 2010
Maine
David Perron would be a good fit for us, I remember there was a rumor about him getting traded. Only 24 and is on a good contract.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
From the main board Lapierre thread:

Blues have too many forwards, people in this thread have mentioned Chris Stewart. Would be a great fit.

I like stewart a lot, but as far as fit goes, the forward that best fits the bruins in my mind is tj oshie. tremendously underrated 2 way winger, wins battles in the corners, plays the game hard every shift. always been a huge fan of his. stewart way more likely to be moved though since he is an RFA, but as far as dream scenarios go, oshie is at the top of my list.

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
Yes, Kind of odd. Perhaps an offer sheet coming???

Makes no sense when PC was in on Alfie, Ryder and maybe even Clarkson. So I doubt he goes from Ryder to offer sheeting a star winger. And frankly, I think Chia would be one of the last GM's to put out offer sheets.

I think Iginla would be perfect, too bad things went so wrong at the deadline.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
Only RFA's I would take a chance on:

Stewart - STL
MPS - EDM
Boedker -PHX
Nyquist - DET
Hagelin - NYR
Stepan - NYR
Henrique - NJD

We only have about $5m in space, I would think those teams would match those players for that amount, unless we went ahead and offesheeted Hagelin and Stepan, forcing NYR to choose one and we take the other?

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
Perron is a great option, I meant to mention him yesterday. I could see Chia striking a deal for him, it would just depend on the return STL wants.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
we are gonna be like the Hawks the year after their fist cup win in 2010.
Had cap trouble and had to shed some cash.

I think they squeakd in as the 8 seed that year.

so far we've lost horts, jags, pevs, seguin, ference and a good back up G
and we only have one guy replacing them.

not good. we arent even a 2 line team right now.
plus our efense is going to rely on 3 rookies.

oh yeah- and we dont have a goalie yet.
a goalie that wants 7 mil. absurd. same goalie that let in a 6 pck in game 4 of the finals. including the OT soft serve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->