GDT: Free Agent Frenzy - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
Why wouldn't you want Iginla? Him on the 2nd line would be incredible.

Playoffs aside, the guy put up 33 points in 44 games last season (11 points in 13 games with Pitts) and (shortened season aside) hasn't scored less than 30 goals since 2000.

Sure he may have slowed down a bit as he gets up there in age, but he's not going to regress that poorly. And really, 12 points in 15 games in the playoffs isn't too terrible.

It's a pride thing for some fans, not a hockey thing. As long as the Bruins teammates are okay with it I would love to add Iginla.

BallroomBitz

Once a Bruin...
Jul 7, 2006
Not sure if anyone else realizes this, but if The Bruins never gave up on Chistov like I told them not to we'd have 2 cups and a cornerstone franchise HOF winger with the club right now.

****in' Jacobs!

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
It's a pride thing for some fans, not a hockey thing. As long as the Bruins teammates are okay with it I would love to add Iginla.

Seriously. I don't see how some people can let pride get in the way of understanding the talent this guy has. He's probably going to get himself 60-70 points next season and would be the perfect 2nd liner.

Not to mention, at this stage in his career, it's not going to be a big money/big term contract. Low risk/high reward.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Why wouldn't you want Iginla? Him on the 2nd line would be incredible.

Playoffs aside, the guy put up 33 points in 44 games last season (11 points in 13 games with Pitts) and (shortened season aside) hasn't scored less than 30 goals since 2000.

Sure he may have slowed down a bit as he gets up there in age, but he's not going to regress that poorly. And really, 12 points in 15 games in the playoffs isn't too terrible.

I'd say the reason I don't want him is strictly my own ego. I don't want a guy who didn't want the bruins. To be honest, he chose what he thought was the easiest path to the cup, was hoping to take a back seat and let crosby and malkin win him a stanley cup. Instead of coming to boston and being a real focal point of the bruins cup run last season. He chose the easy way to a championship (much like lebron james did) but he didn't get one. So because he showed no backbone with his decision at the deadline to go to pittsburgh, i wish him no success going forward and no championships. I don't want him on the bruins because I will never be able to root for him, my hatred for him is relatively new, but it runs incredibly deep. He burned us.

11MilesPerJohan

@BeingAHumanBean
Nov 8, 2011
McLean Hospital
Seriously. I don't see how some people can let pride get in the way of understanding the talent this guy has. He's probably going to get himself 60-70 points next season and would be the perfect 2nd liner.

Not to mention, at this stage in his career, it's not going to be a big money/big term contract. Low risk/high reward.

I wanted him at the trade deadline, and I still want him now.

I feel like he would fit perfectly on this team, better than he fit in Pitt. I wouldn't be upset if we signed him.

BallroomBitz

Once a Bruin...
Jul 7, 2006
All of the RW's we've given up on...

Kalus
Karsums
Samuelsson

Pathetic. Chia has destroyed the Bruins organization!

boston77

Jul 8, 2004
Toronto
Of course it is ... so you're advocating not trading prospects, ever? Because they might turn out to be awesome?

Not I didn't say that. Goalies are different they take time to develop and goalies picked in the first round are not traded that often. Here is something for you Chicago drafted Dominic Hasek (Hall of Fame) and he played for a couple of years, they traded him to the Sabres for Stephane Beauregard and Eric Daze and the rest is history. Do you think they might want to do that one over?

Their impatience cost them a top goalie for a decade. I am not adverse to trading any prospect to make the team better all I am saying is that , first round goalies are rarely traded, and second , if they are you always get more for them by watching the development. If we give Subban a couple of years and Subban turns out he is lights out and Tuukka is all we ask won't we get a lot more for him then than we would now. I would look at the most advanced prospects in a package for a top 6 forward.

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya

Considering Alfredsson got 5.5m I wouldn't be shocked to see Iginla at 5.5-6m over two years

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com

I'd wager he is closer to 50 points than 70 next year, let alone in two years.

In Boston? Closer to 40.

He is skating in the shadows of his twilight.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
What "big talent." The entire class was mediocrity with the exception of Horton IMO

You CAN acquire via trade. I would have put all my eggs into the basket and fought for Ryan.

And I would of kept Seguin but alas... I'm not the gm. :)

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
I'd say the reason I don't want him is strictly my own ego. I don't want a guy who didn't want the bruins. To be honest, he chose what he thought was the easiest path to the cup, was hoping to take a back seat and let crosby and malkin win him a stanley cup. Instead of coming to boston and being a real focal point of the bruins cup run last season. He chose the easy way to a championship (much like lebron james did) but he didn't get one. So because he showed no backbone with his decision at the deadline to go to pittsburgh, i wish him no success going forward and no championships. I don't want him on the bruins because I will never be able to root for him, my hatred for him is relatively new, but it runs incredibly deep. He burned us.

Any ill will towards Iggy is misdirected IMO. Blame Feaster for the **** up. Iginla chose the path which he felt would give him the best chance at a cup, not the easiest. If I were in his shoes, I would have probably picked Pittsburgh over Boston too. Hindsight is 20/20 when it comes to that situation.

Point is, the Bruins biggest need is a top 6 RW and Iginla is the best option out there.

Ogrim

Oct 11, 2012
Stockholm
Still some interesting FA available, probably at a lower cost than the cream. The big contracts handed out today also opens up for trades.
Let's have some patience.

ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Bobby Orr Scores
Aug 24, 2005
Everywhere
I don't get it. Trade Seguin & Peverley the day before free agency to free up cap space, then don't use any of that cap space on anyone??

I know it's only been 6 or 7 hours, so I have to be more patient. I guess I expected too much today.

Yes, Kind of odd. Perhaps an offer sheet coming???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad