GDT: Free Agent Frenzy - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

BostonBruins92

Closer to the Sun
Jan 15, 2011
Brookline, MA
we are gonna be like the Hawks the year after their fist cup win in 2010.
Had cap trouble and had to shed some cash.

I think they squeakd in as the 8 seed that year.

so far we've lost horts, jags, pevs, seguin, ference and a good back up G
and we only have one guy replacing them.

not good. we arent even a 2 line team right now.
plus our efense is going to rely on 3 rookies.

oh yeah- and we dont have a goalie yet.
a goalie that wants 7 mil. absurd. same goalie that let in a 6 pck in game 4 of the finals. including the OT soft serve.

sky+is+falling.jpg

goalieman40

Feb 27, 2006
New Hampshire
I forgot about Perron. He's another guy that Chia's been after for a while isn't he? Not to feed into the hysteria but wouldn't it be nice if he's working out a trade for E. Kane. I do feel we'll be surprised with what he does pull of if trade is the route.

AustinBruins

Jul 31, 2010
Deep breaths. Deep breaths.

If Chia thought Ryder was critical to our top 6, he would have offered more than 1 year/3 mil (or whatever the rumors had it at).

That offer almost feels like a "3rd line Ryder" offer.

Plus, for all we know right this second, the Bs called Ryder and said, 'Michael, thanks for considering our offer, but we are going down a different path and wanted to let you know so you could grab the NJ deal before it goes away."

When Chia said he wasn't done, didn't anyone else get the impression that he was working something DELICIOUS? Why even metnion you aren't done unless that little boy inside is so damn excited that you just can't help yourself, especially a day before Free Agent Frenzy.

I'll take Iginla on the 2nd line. If not, it really does seem like a Stewart or a Seto trade could be had. Who knows what else is cooking? At worst, we plug the 2nd line with a Brunner or a Boyes and look for a Top 6 at the deadline.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Perron is a great option, I meant to mention him yesterday. I could see Chia striking a deal for him, it would just depend on the return STL wants.

isn't perron a left shot left wing? I like him but I think the b's need RW help, and since erikksson is playing RW as a left shot, they really need right shot right wings.

boston77

Jul 8, 2004
Toronto
we are gonna be like the Hawks the year after their fist cup win in 2010.
Had cap trouble and had to shed some cash.

I think they squeakd in as the 8 seed that year.

so far we've lost horts, jags, pevs, seguin, ference and a good back up G
and we only have one guy replacing them.

not good. we arent even a 2 line team right now.
plus our efense is going to rely on 3 rookies.

oh yeah- and we dont have a goalie yet.
a goalie that wants 7 mil. absurd. same goalie that let in a 6 pck in game 4 of the finals. including the OT soft serve.

If the season were starting tomorrow I would agree with you. The early signings are about players having leverage with multiple offers, now teams with cap space have leverage. There are good players out there that fit our needs patience...

11MilesPerJohan

@BeingAHumanBean
Nov 8, 2011
McLean Hospital
At what price though? He is going to probably get at least Alfredsson money, and probably at least 2 years, if not 3.

Yeah, I would have to see about the price. I would be comfortable with 2 for 9. I'm not going 3 years and I'm not going to 5 mil unless it's for 1 year. My liking him on the roster is assuming they get him for a good price.

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
I'm starting to re-think my position on Iginla. Forget the past. He'd be a good fit with Krejci's slow deliberate playmaking/passing ability (at least that's what I'm telling myself right now). That gives you have a stacked top-6. Then it's just a matter of fixing the 3rd line..... enough so that Chris Kelly's inability to distribute the puck and make plays doesn't completely drag down that unit.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Deep breaths. Deep breaths.

If Chia thought Ryder was critical to our top 6, he would have offered more than 1 year/3 mil (or whatever the rumors had it at).

That offer almost feels like a "3rd line Ryder" offer.

Plus, for all we know right this second, the Bs called Ryder and said, 'Michael, thanks for considering our offer, but we are going down a different path and wanted to let you know so you could grab the NJ deal before it goes away."

When Chia said he wasn't done, didn't anyone else get the impression that he was working something DELICIOUS? Why even metnion you aren't done unless that little boy inside is so damn excited that you just can't help yourself, especially a day before Free Agent Frenzy.

I'll take Iginla on the 2nd line. If not, it really does seem like a Stewart or a Seto trade could be had. Who knows what else is cooking? At worst, we plug the 2nd line with a Brunner or a Boyes and look for a Top 6 at the deadline.

Deep breaths? Deep breaths? There's no time for deep breaths. IT"S A FRENZY!!!!!

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Andrew Gross ‏@AGrossRecord 7m

#NYR agree to terms with LW Benoit Pouliot, 26, who played for the Lightning last season. Former fourth overall pick in 2005 by Wild.

11MilesPerJohan

@BeingAHumanBean
Nov 8, 2011
McLean Hospital
Andrew Gross ‏@AGrossRecord 7m

#NYR agree to terms with LW Benoit Pouliot, 26, who played for the Lightning last season. Former fourth overall pick in 2005 by Wild.

Noooooooooooooo!!! Not Benoit!!! He was the next former Bruin that we hated when he was here that we were going to hinge our hopes on!!! Whhhhhhhhhyyyyyyyy?!?

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
I'm starting to re-think my position on Iginla. Forget the past. He'd be a good fit with Krejci's slow deliberate playmaking/passing ability (at least that's what I'm telling myself right now). That gives you have a stacked top-6. Then it's just a matter of fixing the 3rd line..... enough so that Chris Kelly's inability to distribute the puck and make plays doesn't completely drag down that unit.

he is all thats left as a ufa.
i would love him here. he can actually one time the puck on the power play, unlike #19.
iknow there is alot of time left,but as this team stands now, its a 6-8 seed team.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
Voracek, Stewart, Purcell, Brouwer, Parenteau, Williams, Kopecky, Setoguchi, Read, Okposo, Havlat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad