GDT: Free Agent Frenzy - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
You don't see a huge difference between Ryder and Horton? They were both on the roster at the same time two short seasons ago and Ryder couldn't hold Horton's jock.

Why do you think that has changed?

They're both good for 25-30 goals. Both disappear for long stretches. Neither generates much of their own offense. Both can be clutch in the playoffs.

If not Ryder, than who? Iggy?

After that, you're looking at a trade.

boston77

Jul 8, 2004
Toronto
Not sure who said you couldn't include those kids. Value's will go up and down if you're going to move him you just don't want to get caught on the downside.

Let me ask you this, would the Bruins have gotten more out of Zach Hammil if they'd traded him the year after he was drafted? How about Jordan Caron? More value now or 3 years ago?

Hindsight is 20/20 you only say that because they didn't pan out. How about this question, what if we had an offer for Looch the year after he was drafted or Bergy or Marchy would that have worked out? Hindsight is 20/20 my friend.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 54s

"@Ledger_NJDevils: Ryder signed a 2-year contract"/As per @DarrenDreger, AAV of $3.5M.

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Case officially closed until the deadline when we are going to trade a 1st/prospect for immediate scoring help named Ryder.

MarchandNoseBest

Oct 30, 2008
Boston really is the bridesmaid.
Maybe they shouldn't have offered a guy coming off a good year a 1 year deal if they don't want to be the bridesmaid. I'm hoping this means they are hammering out a deal with Iginla, otherwise I'm baffled why they'd low ball Ryder so much. That's a reasonable contract and Dreger said Bruins offered both less term (so a 1 year deal) and money earlier.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
Hindsight is 20/20 you only say that because they didn't pan out. How about this question, what if we had an offer for Looch the year after he was drafted or Bergy or Marchy would that have worked out? Hindsight is 20/20 my friend.

Of course it is ... so you're advocating not trading prospects, ever? Because they might turn out to be awesome?

YNWABoston

Aug 3, 2005
Boston, MA
David Pagnotta @TheFourthPeriod
Boston loses out again (new record?)... Ryder signs 2-year, $7M deal with the Devils.

There is no doubt that Peter Chiarelli really struggles to close the deal on his Plan A, B, Cs

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
So you want to trade Boychuk and Subban for Parenteau, how is this a good deal for the B's?... Sorry I don't understand the rush to trade Subban. He is a good chip to play just not now.

I've always subscribed to the theory that if i win the lottery, i don't go out and buy another ticket. If subban can be included in a package that gets you a top 6 winger now, i pull the trigger. I don't wait it out one or two years (buying another 1 or 2 tickets) hoping he continues to see his value go higher and higher. If his value right now is high enough to help the team, i sell. I don't roll the dice again and again and again, because anyone who keeps gambling, eventually loses. He's not in the plans if tuukka signs for 8 years. no need to keep gambling you got a superstar goalie when plenty 1st round goalies flame out once they turn pro and go from valuable asset to hannu toivonen.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
I can't believe this Numbah4 guy just lost his **** because I suggested making a prospect available in a trade. Or that he suggested no one ever trades for prospects.

Bizarre.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
I don't get it. Trade Seguin & Peverley the day before free agency to free up cap space, then don't use any of that cap space on anyone??

I know it's only been 6 or 7 hours, so I have to be more patient. I guess I expected too much today.

MarchandNoseBest

Oct 30, 2008
David Pagnotta @TheFourthPeriod
Boston loses out again (new record?)... Ryder signs 2-year, $7M deal with the Devils.

There is no doubt that Peter Chiarelli really struggles to close the deal on his Plan A, B, Cs
Sounds like he really didn't want Ryder much at all to me. In this market, offering a guy like Ryder 1 year is pretty insulting and not a sign of major interest IMO.

But he better be damn sure he's getting Iginla, otherwise I have no idea at all what he's thinking. That's a very reasonable deal for a guy like Ryder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad