GDT: Free Agent Frenzy / Fantasy GM Thread Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
I doubt we are getting Schmidt unless Vegas has no other options. Or Benning becomes desperate and way overpays. He has to be feeling the heat from the fans, the media and ownership.

If they trade Schmidt, he's definitely going to Boston. They're out of division, have more cap space, and can offer more. And they're a better team than us.

That is absolutely pathetic "team building" from Benning.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I don't even like Virtanen but who the hell else is playing top six for the canucks next season if Jake isn't doing it?

I would have guessed Leivo but they haven't even signed him. I also assume it wouldn't be Gaudette because they've been stubborn about trying him in a top six wing role for years now

Eriksson? Baertschi? Good god.

I'd guess you have something like Gaudette-Pettersson-Boeser/Miller-Horvat-Pearson. And then an absolute pile of junk on your bottom two lines.

THE Green Man

Dec 27, 2013
Narnia
I don't even like Virtanen but who the hell else is playing top six for the canucks next season if Jake isn't doing it?

I would have guessed Leivo but they haven't even signed him. I also assume it wouldn't be Gaudette because they've been stubborn about trying him in a top six wing role for years now

Eriksson? Baertschi? Good god.
My guess is that they are going to add someone on a 1 year deal from free agency- Hoffman, Dadanov, Duclair, Granlund, Perry, Kovalchuck, Haula, Galchenyuk, Sheary- lots of names still available that may start to panic before all the rest of the teams blow their load on others.

Ottobot

Aug 9, 2020
Florida will grab him for a song and Benning will go sniffing around for Weegar and either overpay or miss on that also.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
I'd guess you have something like Gaudette-Pettersson-Boeser/Miller-Horvat-Pearson. And then an absolute pile of junk on your bottom two lines.

Hell yeah!!!!

Eriksson- Sutter - Concussed Ferland
Roussel - Beagle - Motte

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
And man, Sakic is just clowning the league. Clears Zadorov to get a better player in Saad. And because he isn't an idiot with the cap, he's in a position to acquire good players from other teams in a cap bind.

Toews will fit like a glove there. Slide in right next to Makar, and put Graves in a more appropriate 3rd pair role.

This is where the Canucks should be. Instead, we're celebrating the peak of Meaningful Games 2020 and looking at another step back.

BB06

Jun 1, 2020
Vegas are in there cup window and have multiple prospect and picks. Shouldn’t cheap out and just use those to move fleury

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad