GDT: Free Agent Frenzy / Fantasy GM Thread Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Incredible. I’ve been saying for a few days that if they wanted Schmidt they could do it. And that it would go a long way towards salvaging the off season. Now they have to move some salary, yes, but it is possible.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Now is the D lining up to be better than it was last season, sans Stetch and Tanev?

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Now is the D lining up to be better than it was last season, sans Stetch and Tanev?
I think so, or at least not clearly worse. Schmidt is a better D at a better contract for a way better cost than OEL. This is a home run. Top 4 is solid. Bottom pairing and depth still needs some work.

Hughes Schmidt
Edler Myers
OJ Benn
Rathbone? Rafferty?

Reactions: Tob

THE Green Man

Dec 27, 2013
Narnia
I think so, or at least clearly worse. Schmidt is a better D at a better contract for a way better cost than OEL. This is a homer run. Top 4 is solid. Bottom pairing and depth still needs some work.

Hughes Schmidt
Edler Myers
OJ Benn
Rathbone? Rafferty?
My guess is they'll split Edler and Myers for balance:

Hughes-Schmidt
Edler-Rafferty/UFA (Vatanen 1 year deal?)
OJ/Rathbone-Myers
Benn

Reactions: ziploc

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
Benning just made a lot of you look like....

Schmidt was a top 2 defenceman on an incredible Vegas team all season, he played the most minutes in the playoffs out of their defence, and second most minutes in the regular season.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

canucksfan100

Apr 3, 2007
Schmidt is a large upgrade over Tanev, now, just need to somehow add a top 6 forward and shed some cap

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Nate schmidt is on par or even better than OEL.

I’ve said this many times before, this trade changes nothing.

OEL Has a higher ceiling for sure, but considering how they’re playing now, it’s pretty much a tie

Can’t believe it

Reactions: geebaan and Tv9924

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
Schmidt >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Tanev
Stecher is easily replaceable with a lateral player on the 6th D, Canucks might even be able to sign Hamonic/Vantanen at a dirt cheap contract.
Holtby = Markstrom (Holtby has accomplished much more than Markstrom in his career and is relatively the same age)

All of a sudden our off-season isn't looking so bad. Benning hit a home run right now that completely elevated the defence core.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad