GDT: Free Agent Frenzy / Fantasy GM - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
Koekkoek and Hawryluk would/should both be sub $1m players. That’s the only range the Canucks can afford to shop in unless they are able to ship out salary.
I’d be ok with that. Find Bo a winger at the TDL again assuming the team is in a solid playoff position

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
My guess is they are biding their time and trying to hit their window.

They are essentially trying to eat this next year with $13MM in buyout costs going down to $4MM the following year, and have $10MM of potential bonuses to account for this season with Laffrieniere, Kakko, Chytil, Fox, Shestsherkin, Lingren all on ELCs with bonus structures (Laf, Kakko, Fox, Shestsherkin the most likely to hit).

The big problem is they need to figure out what to do about DeAngelo who IMO is not a player you build around in any way, on or off the ice, and Zibanejad has 2 years left at $5.3 and then is UFA.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
Literally try anyone else but Fantenberg.

I dont get this club's obsession with bringing back the same awful players all the time.

BB06

Jun 1, 2020
Zero interest in bringing back Fantenberg. Couldn’t clear the puck and any offence generate by the forwards died the second the past puck back to him on the point.

BB06

Jun 1, 2020
About a week since Free agency opened and both Hoffman/Dadnov have yet to be signed. Does no one wanna pay these guys?

FreeMcdavid

Dec 30, 2019
About a week since Free agency opened and both Hoffman/Dadnov have yet to be signed. Does no one wanna pay these guys?

Probably waiting on some teams to move salaries so that they can take a shot at them

Vancouver has been linked to be doing this.

BB06

Jun 1, 2020
There goes Dadnov. 5MX3. If he was younger I'd have been all over that.

Boose Brudreau

Guddbranson is a paper tiger
Nov 27, 2006
Anyone else think the Canucks should be trying to sign Demko, Hughes and Pettersson to 2/3 year bridge deals now? Demko at $3.5mm (maybe only 2 years at this hit). Hughes and Petey at $6.75 (the same number Point got). IMO, it makes sense to bridge these players with a view to giving them LTDs that don't take them into their mid/late 30's.

FreeMcdavid

Dec 30, 2019
Too rich for our blood with the Dadonov deal. Good player though, i think better than Tofolli

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Anyone else think the Canucks should be trying to sign Demko, Hughes and Pettersson to 2/3 year bridge deals now? Demko at $3.5mm (maybe only 2 years at this hit). Hughes and Petey at $6.75 (the same number Point got). IMO, it makes sense to bridge these players with a view to giving them LTDs that don't take them into their mid/late 30's.

The problem with Demko is that he turns 25 this year so a 2yr extension brings him right into UFA. I think they absolutely have to wait to see how he does this year first because if he struggles or even is just "okay" like he was last year then he will probably get a 1yr deal for backup $$.

As for EP/Hughes, I'm sure the Canucks would sign those deals today if they could for that money. They will be more expensive than that.

Reactions: sting101

Burke's Evil Spirit

Oct 29, 2002
San Francisco
Really like that Dadonov contract for Ottawa. A really smart, cerebral player, no issues with that number for the next 3 years.

That being said, they could sign Prime Gretzky right now and I'd still bet on them to miss the playoffs with a right-side D of Zaitsev, Gudbranson, and Brown. Brutal.

Reactions: Nucker101

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
If a guy like Dadnov is only get 5M after back to back 60+ point season I wonder how much Granlund would be getting in this market.

He'd probably best suited to sign a one year deal and try to re-build his value after a disappointing stint with Nashville. 1 year, $3-4M would be my best guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad