GDT: Free agent frenzy - day 2+

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
Says the guy that was going to rub it in our faces after Dougie signed.

Sure, of course Dougie signed his mega-contract with the Devils. But do you see a pattern here with me? Being an inherent optimist is a much more difficult but also more fulfilling way to watch my favorite sports team than constantly being a Negative Ned about everything.

SlavinAway

Registered Jerk
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2017
Sure, of course Dougie signed his mega-contract with the Devils. But do you see a pattern here with me? Being an inherent optimist is a much more difficult but also more fulfilling way to watch my favorite sports team than constantly being a Negative Ned.

This is the direction I've gone. The last 3 years have been a hell of a lot more fun following this team; and moderate playoff success is only a portion of that.

hblueridgegal

Timing is Everything
Sponsor
Sep 13, 2019
Old North State
^^It's been a rough week on the emotional rollercoaster. I cried watching the NBA draft last night during the Terrence Clarke segment and after reading Calipari's post. The show was well done..the human interest videos in particular. The outfits were colorful. Nice seeing dreams come true.

Hope ESPN/Disney puts that much effort into some of the hockey coverage moving forward.

Reactions: Stickpucker

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Sure, of course Dougie signed his mega-contract with the Devils. But do you see a pattern here with me? Being an inherent optimist is a much more difficult but also more fulfilling way to watch my favorite sports team than constantly being a Negative Ned about everything.
There’s a wide chasm between overly optimistic and Overly negative.
Still, when you announce that you are going to give a big “I told you so” when Dougie signs, you deserve a little crow.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Regarding CDH he did not leave happy because he wanted to stay, so that’s a different situation

I've stated this before but I truly do believe this team would have been better off keeping de Haan. He was a steady guy who wasn't a liability except for his nagging injuries, but still the dude did all the little stuff well.

The Petr era was a fun one. Hope he does ok in the hot seat.

"We're in! We're in!! YES! Yes yes! Whoo!"

Spoke for every one of us who had to witness 9 years of mediocrity.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Asking for a friend…..did Dougie pen one similar?
Dougie has never been a big sharer of emotions and I’ve never seen a single social media post associated with him about anything. I don’t think there’s anything to read into him posting or not posting something.

Petr is another guy I felt didn’t get enough love for what he did to help us turn things around. I personally felt his play during the run to the playoffs that first year was the best goaltending I’ve seen with this team. His passion about it was infectious and I was always surprised he wasn’t embraced more. Good luck in TO, I hope you find more of a home than you did here.

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
Either improves our roster?

Jarvis would improve our roster better than both.

Toronto lost Hyman and their depth. They are trying to get back to last season’s level
So are we. Our D is a downgrade.. Goaltending a wash maybe? Forwards so far a minor downgrade. assuming no one improves reasonably.
McGinn so far hasn't been replaced or improved upon.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
Leafs sign Ritchie and Kase
Canes sign ???????

I wouldn’t have minded them taking a flyer on Kase, hard pass on Ritchie. They tried and failed with what would have been the ideal addition in Saad. It’s not like they’re now content with their roster, there will be another forward added.

I’m thinking it will end up being Tatar. I’d prefer taking a gamble on Tarasenko, we’ll see…

Reactions: WreckingCrew

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad