GDT: Free agent frenzy - day 2+

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Or it could be that the guys asking for a trade wanted an opportunity they knew they couldn't get here because of the guys in front of them. Doesn't mean they hate the team or coaches or are even unhappy with the coaches. This happens quite a bit in sports.

This is where I am. I would even think that facilitating the requested trade to the player's liking would make the leaving to happen in very amicable fashion. Among professionals.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
I'm still curious if CDH was moved for injury reasons or they were worried about cap space if a larger Aho offersheet came in
You can go 10 % over the cap between July 1 and the end of the training camp. It shouldn't be an immediate worry. But obviously if you expect to be trading, you probably will be better off trading early.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
I'm still curious if CDH was moved for injury reasons or they were worried about cap space if a larger Aho offersheet came in

Maybe I am misremembering but I'm pretty sure Waddell explicitly said during a Summer event live Q&A at the arena that they moved CDH in preparation for an unknown Aho offer sheet. They way he has described it they expected it to be worse and we're kind of relieved but CDH was already gone at that point.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Or it could be that the guys asking for a trade wanted an opportunity they knew they couldn't get here because of the guys in front of them. Doesn't mean they hate the team or coaches or are even unhappy with the coaches. This happens quite a bit in sports.

Not every change needs to be some major deal. The doom and gloom around here can be pretty damn laughable. The Borg have been in charge for 3 years, they have made the playoffs 3 years, they have spent to the cap 3 years. BTW thats the only time in the history if this team that this has happened.

To me that gives them enough faith for me to let the season start and see what happens.
I wasn’t implying gloom and doom (you should know me by now that I’m not a doom and gloom type) nor saying everyone that leaves has is a major deal. Just that I doubt everyone that leaves other than Haula, does so amicably. That’s all.

Reactions: A Star is Burns

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
There’s a wide range of options between low minutes and playing over those guys.

I’m not saying Bean, for instance, deserved more playing time, in fact I think he didn’t. But we’re talking about how he feels about it. Same for Foegele to an extent.

anyhow, my main point is that not everyone leaves amicably under Rod. I do think for the most part, players like him, respect him, and want to play for him, but not everyone.

It's best not to be the littlest fish in the pond eh?

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
I wasn’t implying gloom and doom (you should know me by now that I’m not a doom and gloom type) nor saying everyone that leaves has is a major deal. Just that I doubt everyone that leaves other than Haula, does so amicably. That’s all.

I can agree with that. FTR while I was thinking about you in part of my post it wasn't directed only to you. There has been a whole lot of "We suck now" since the roster moves started. I/s getting a little borish.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
After the busy day 1 that we missed because we were too mad about TDA, days 2 and 3 have been :thumbd:
Tends to be how it goes with UFA. I actually preferred the old system where teams had after the draft to whatever the date was to talk with free agents. It was like a slow buildup to the top of a rollercoaster, day 1 and sometimes 2 were the descent from the peak, and then the pre and post arbitration rushes were the subsequent builds and falls.

I will say i wish some of our insiders were giving any kind of indication as to the state of the Svech negotiations.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad