GDT: Free agent frenzy - day 2+

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma
Was replying to Svechammer...I think is hard to fill Gardiner in for Tara, i don't see why they should. And tbh i think i will not like Tatar signing with us, obviously i am ready to change my mind!

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Saad to St Louis.....I really thought it was going to be for more.

Hopefully Tarasenko is aiming his trade towards us instead of NJ.
Was talk for a while before free agency that basically made it seem like we were the most likely option. I think there were initially 4 teams he'd waive for and 3 of them were projected not to have the cap space: us and Boston I know for sure. I think another was Tampa. Can't remember the 4th.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Was replying to Svechammer...I think is hard to fill Gardiner in for Tara, i don't see why they should. And tbh i think i will not like Tatar signing with us, obviously i am ready to change my mind!
I mean I know he has talent but there's a ton of concern around his shoulder and whether he can tap into that talent again. Even read some concerns that he might not be able to pass a physical right now, despite likely being ready for the season. So yeah I'm not really willing to subtract from our offense with someone like Nino for him. Maybe a prospect, but if they want someone good they need to take Gardiner as well.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
Trying to stay patient, but this looks like it's heading in a troubling direction. Cap space is available, but there's not much out there that they should be spending it on.
Who's left...Tatar, Ritchie, maybe Heinen? Otherwise it's trade for something

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad