• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Sure, we need to do something after the Aho joke offer. Marner is only 22, over 1 ppg, 40 goal potential.
Otherwise, we're stuck with 3rd and 4th liners for another year.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Be a Hab

Sep 17, 2010
Ferland for me. Will be really dissapointed if we don't. I might overvalue the kid...but I want him on our team.

I like home too. Physical player who can score 15-20 goals. Could be a good fit on a line with KK.

How high would you go? Short term or long term contract?

I would be ok with 5x5 contract. I bit high but this is Free agency.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
If offersheets are off the table then I’d look to move Lehkonen for picks or maybe prospects.

Sign:

Dzingle - 5mill/3yrs
Ferland - 4.1mill/3yrs

Both guys can hit the market at 30 still in prime and get paid again if they produce.

Drouin Domi Dzingle
Tatar Danault Gallagher
Byron Kotkaniemi Ferland
Weal Thompson Armia
Peca

Mete Weber
Kulak Petry
Chiarot Juulsen
Reilly Folin

Price
Kinkaid

Suddenly the Habs look a lot bigger in size especially on the backend. Then add in more grit and scoring up front. 50pt player in Dzingle helps out in the top 6. Ferland replaces Shaw point production a little more bigger and also a heavy hitter than Shaw IMO as well.

I don’t know about you guys but I like this lineup. Size / Scoring / Physical and well balanced.

This exact roster still has 1.09mill in cap space after sending Alzner and Weise down.

With Weise/Peca/Kinkaid all coming off the books at year end as well as Steve Masons buyout hit. The Habs will have 5.7mill + the existing 1.09mill from the roster above in capspace to work with on an extension for Domi.

Then they will probably look at doing something with Alzners contract next summer which might be easier to do.
Yeah I'd be good with that.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
If offersheets are off the table then I’d look to move Lehkonen for picks or maybe prospects.

Sign:

Dzingle - 5mill/3yrs
Ferland - 4.1mill/3yrs

Both guys can hit the market at 30 still in prime and get paid again if they produce.

Drouin Domi Dzingle
Tatar Danault Gallagher
Byron Kotkaniemi Ferland
Weal Thompson Armia
Peca

Mete Weber
Kulak Petry
Chiarot Juulsen
Reilly Folin

Price
Kinkaid

Suddenly the Habs look a lot bigger in size especially on the backend. Then add in more grit and scoring up front. 50pt player in Dzingle helps out in the top 6. Ferland replaces Shaw point production a little more bigger and also a heavy hitter than Shaw IMO as well.

I don’t know about you guys but I like this lineup. Size / Scoring / Physical and well balanced.

This exact roster still has 1.09mill in cap space after sending Alzner and Weise down.

With Weise/Peca/Kinkaid all coming off the books at year end as well as Steve Masons buyout hit. The Habs will have 5.7mill + the existing 1.09mill from the roster above in capspace to work with on an extension for Domi.

Then they will probably look at doing something with Alzners contract next summer which might be easier to do.

Don't sleep on MoJo. Fans in Jersey and Boston wanted him back.

He's a solid player than would great on KK's wing. He was all over the ice when the Devils were in Montreal last year. He still has the wheels.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Dzingle should be our guy. 26 goals last year. He's very fast. Byron didn't fit last year with Drouin and Domi. Dzingle has the size to take that spot and we can move Byron for a 2nd. Stock up on picks, it's like putting money in the bank.

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
Just hoping to god we don’t sign Gardiner, guy is so over rated. Career 30 point guy that can do 45 with Matthews and Marner. And is shaky in his own zone and soft. Oh and back problems.

He is 29 and has had one good season. Entirely possible whoever signs him is getting Shattenkirk v1.5

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
For Ferland? Yes. Same for me.
Ferland isn’t getting close to 4x4 now
It’s a week later and he’s not signed
Guys like him, Johansen and Hutton completely priced themselves out of contracts and will be settling for 1-2 year deals

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Dzingle should be our guy. 26 goals last year. He's very fast. Byron didn't fit last year with Drouin and Domi. Dzingle has the size to take that spot and we can move Byron for a 2nd. Stock up on picks, it's like putting money in the bank.

I would love Dzingel. He would fit real well with the Habs' style.

Reactions: DavePeak

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I would love Dzingel. He would fit real well with the Habs' style.

I would also add MoJo. After the top line of Tatar-Danault-Gallagher, you make the next two lines out of Domi, Drouin, Kotkaniemi, Dzingle, MoJo, and either Poehling or Suzuki. That would be a deep top 9.

Tatar-Danault-Gallagher
Drouin-Domi-Dzingle
Mojo-Kotkaniemi-Poehling/Suzuki
Lehkonen-Weal-Armia
Cousins, Thompson

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Sure, we need to do something after the Aho joke offer. Marner is only 22, over 1 ppg, 40 goal potential.
Otherwise, we're stuck with 3rd and 4th liners for another year.

Marner has never hit 30 goals. His career high is 26. Why are we talking about 40 goals?

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Pacioretty never scored 40 but people called him 40 a goal scorer too. It's weird.

To be fair, Max hit 39, 37, 35, 33 and 30 goals. The 39 being in 73 games, not 82. So I could see why for that particular season someone might make the stretch.

Marner has hit 19, 22 and 26 as his top ones. It's a little premature.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
I understand it, but it's still weird to me.

Either way, one step at a time. Pacioretty flirted with 40, didn't reach it.

Marner hasn't even been on brink of 30, why we talking about 40?

The example of Max may be true but the use of Marner, a known playmaker as a potential 40 goal guy is mind boggling. I don't think he'll ever hit 40.

FWIW, a good playmaker in his time in Tanguay hit 27 goals his second year. A long career later he never even hit 30.

Reactions: Le Tricolore
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad