• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
OMG THE SEASON STARTS TOMORROW!
This is said every summer when Bergevin does nothing
With the exception of having to trade Pacioretty last year , name me one late summer pick up Bergevin has made to improve the team?
Doug Murray? Semin?
So yes the season could start tomorrow. This is the team at training camp

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
With the exception of having to trade Pacioretty last year , name me one late summer pick up Bergevin has made to improve the team?
Doug Murray? Semin?

It would already be assumed that any late summer transactions that can have a noteable impact would have to be through trade.

After that, you only have training camp invite fodder, who typically amount to nothing, like Joel Ward last year.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
In a now well established HF tradition, you can change your vote to the poll attached to this thread even if the outcome has already occurred.

Mind you, not much of a leap of faith for the outcome we got.

Last edited:

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

I wouldn't offer sheet a winger.

To pay what you need to get them, plus the compensation, I don't think they impact the game enough for it. 4x1st for Marner, then paying him Connor McDavid money, would be asinine. Especially when we wouldn't go higher for Aho and really give Carolina something to think about.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
I wouldn't offer sheet a winger.

To pay what you need to get them, plus the compensation, I don't think they impact the game enough for it. 4x1st for Marner, then paying him Connor McDavid money, would be asinine. Especially when we wouldn't go higher for Aho and really give Carolina something to think about.

There are several wingers I would offer sheet. For example, I would offersheet the hell out of Kucherov if he were RFA at the moment. Or Gaudreau. Some wingers do affect the game quite a bit.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
There are several wingers I would offer sheet. For example, I would offersheet the hell out of Kucherov if he were RFA at the moment. Or Gaudreau. Some wingers do affect the game quite a bit.

I wouldn't OS Gaudreau at all.. and obviously Kucherov would be matched, so that's a moot point.

To get a player on an OS requires too much money and too much compensation, that to me, it's only really worth it on someone like Aho, but we didn't go far enough in.. we dipped our toes in.

For the guys available.. I wouldn't OS Marner or Laine.. I'd rather do it to Werenski or Provorov, but I don't think anyone is really availabe on an OS this year now that Aho is secured.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
I wouldn't OS Gaudreau at all.. and obviously Kucherov would be matched, so that's a moot point.

To get a player on an OS requires too much money and too much compensation, that to me, it's only really worth it on someone like Aho, but we didn't go far enough in.. we dipped our toes in.

For the guys available.. I wouldn't OS Marner or Laine.. I'd rather do it to Werenski or Provorov, but I don't think anyone is really availabe on an OS this year now that Aho is secured.

I get the concerns about offer sheeting Laine, but given that the offer would be for 5 years, you might be overthinking it. I don't see what else better there is to do.

Omar

Oct 10, 2017
Doug Murray? Semin?

Then take a vacation and talk to you in October

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Laine is not my favourite player, I think he has alote of lack in his game but, when was the last time we had a potential 50 goal scorer ( and Maurice Richard Winner) in our team ? We have all the other piece, now we need a guy that can put the puck in the net and Laine is exactly that .. if we have a mini chance to grab him you do it !

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Ahos comments today after Carolina signing him......."I am grateful for the offer from the Montreal Canadiens but it was always my desire to return to the Carolina hurricanes"

I bet you are grateful kid!!

Not that I wouldn't have done the same thing but he and his agent sure played both clubs like a fiddle.

Excellent work!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->