GDT: Free Agent Frenzy: Aho or Tensai?

Oui or no?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Habidelidoo

Aug 3, 2005
Can the Habs still pursue UFA, or they're locked until Carolina make their mind ?

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I think Bergevin gains respect.

Habs have been put in a corner after so many years of not being able to sign UFAs. The UFA market is practically closed to the Habs.

So the Habs opened a separate one for themselves. No one will blame them for that. Except the Canes.

It's like blaming the Red Sox and the Yankees for exploiting the expos (Pedro and Wetteland). I mean small crappy markets get exploited by big markets all the time.

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
Can the Habs still pursue UFA, or they're locked until Carolina make their mind ?
They technically still have 6 mill in cap space after the offer because Alzner and Weise will be sent down. So they have that to work with.

Also stops from overpayment on other free agents.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
For this fan Marc if you were really serious you offer 10.5m x 5 instead with huge bonuses. This isn't enough to get this done IMO but kudos for trying.

Reactions: DXStriker

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
The thing in this….it's the agent.
He had the inside track of the negotiation that took place between Aho and Carolina.
He knows where it hurts for the owner of the Hurricanes….

There's something here.
The Canes didn't give 1$ of signing bonus in their contracts to any of their players.

This contract got tons of signing bonus.
I still think they are going to match it, but the owner will be totally pissed.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
He had the inside track of the negotiation that took place between Aho and Carolina.

There's something here.
The Canes didn't give 1$ of signing bonus in their contracts to any of their players.

Someone here GETS IT!

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
For sure, but honestly. Losing your profits for one year is better than losing them for the next 5 because they are rebuilding again.

Even from a business standpoint, Aho will sell tickets.

Yeah, but 21$ Million up front is a big commitment.... is that owner really that committed?

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011

There's something here.

I hope you're right.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
If Canes could walk away with a few 1sts maybe they save face a bit. This the Canes cannot accept and have to match.

So we are out of any big money UFA signings, which is probably good.

Need to trade for a LHD. This Aho attempt is a side show for me, we need the D man to play with Weber, thats the need.

Reactions: LaP
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad