GDT: Free Agent Frenzy: Aho or Tensai?

Oui or no?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NeptunesTrident

Feb 22, 2007
Not sure this belongs here but Habs signed Ben Chariot to a 3 yr deal with AAV of $3.5M. Being reported on Montreal Canadiens twitter account.

Tanknation

Feb 24, 2012
Who is left that you would like to see signed and for how much?
My number 1 choice is Ferland. We need to add some grit and a bit of size, especially since we lost Shaw. I think we have a pretty good team to work with for next year with Ferland. Ideally, we need a Marner, Laine of Aho but chances are that will not happen.

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
Don't they even have less now to work with after their recent signings? OS Marner for just under $10,568,589??
Leafs only have 3mill + 5.3mill with Hortons LTIR. So unless they are moving another contract they only have 8.3 to sign Marner with and that has them $0 left

If there was a time to strike now would be it. 10.5mill to keep it under the 4x1st round picks and the Leafs I’ll have to dump 2.2mill more in salary to match the offer. Which means they are dipping into Johnsson/Kapanen/Nylander. As the rest of their bottom 6 is almost all league minimum guys 700-900k.

Then if you start moving more bodies out you create more holes. I can’t see the Leafs accommodating anymore for Marner. They turned over almost half their roster basically. Which got them to the playoffs. Just to fit him and and still have a strong roster.

Tanknation

Feb 24, 2012
Leafs only have 3mill + 5.3mill with Hortons LTIR. So unless they are moving another contract they only have 8.3 to sign Marner with and that has them $0 left.
Then offer under $10,568,589?? we have nothing to lose but 2 firsts, second, and a 3rd which would be amazing for Marner. I don't like the idea of losing 4 1sts by going over that amount. Even if T.O trades and can match, at least it puts them in a bind

Reactions: CanukInAugusta

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
They have closer to 11m
Not after signing Kerfoot today.

They technically could based on if they play 12 forwards and 6 dmen with no backups. But they’d be tight against the cap after signing Marner. Only bring players up if players are injured.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Who is left that you would like to see signed and for how much?
My number 1 choice is Ferland. We need to add some grit and a bit of size, especially since we lost Shaw. I think we have a pretty good team to work with for next year with Ferland. Ideally, we need a Marner, Laine of Aho but chances are that will not happen.

Dzingle and MoJo

Tatar Danault Gallagher
Drouin Domi Poehling
MoJo Kk Dzingle
Lehkonen Weal Armia
Thompson

Mete Weber
Chiarot Petry
Kulak Juulsen
Reily, Folin

Price
Kinkaid

Byron traded for a 2nd.

Suzuki in the A until he's ready to steal someone's spot. When he is, trade a vet for more picks.

Reactions: ForeverHabs97

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
I'd do nothing and when my team ends up in the lottery again I'd claim it was my plan for a chance at Lafrienere, oh wait that's MB's plan my apologies:sarcasm:

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
If offersheets are off the table then I’d look to move Lehkonen for picks or maybe prospects.

Sign:

Dzingle - 5mill/3yrs
Ferland - 4.1mill/3yrs

Both guys can hit the market at 30 still in prime and get paid again if they produce.

Drouin Domi Dzingle
Tatar Danault Gallagher
Byron Kotkaniemi Ferland
Weal Thompson Armia
Peca

Mete Weber
Kulak Petry
Chiarot Juulsen
Reilly Folin

Price
Kinkaid

Suddenly the Habs look a lot bigger in size especially on the backend. Then add in more grit and scoring up front. 50pt player in Dzingle helps out in the top 6. Ferland replaces Shaw point production a little more bigger and also a heavy hitter than Shaw IMO as well.

I don’t know about you guys but I like this lineup. Size / Scoring / Physical and well balanced.

This exact roster still has 1.09mill in cap space after sending Alzner and Weise down.

With Weise/Peca/Kinkaid all coming off the books at year end as well as Steve Masons buyout hit. The Habs will have 5.7mill + the existing 1.09mill from the roster above in capspace to work with on an extension for Domi.

Then they will probably look at doing something with Alzners contract next summer which might be easier to do.

Reactions: DangerDave

jabes

Jul 3, 2013
Halifax, NS
Not after signing Kerfoot today.

They technically could based on if they play 12 forwards and 6 dmen with no backups. But they’d be tight against the cap after signing Marner. Only bring players up if players are injured.
Plus they’re starting the season with Hyman and Dermott injured, so I think they pretty much have to begin season with minimum 22 players counting towards cap.

Kwikwi

Feb 13, 2009
Aho
Because they will regret the Bonuses but as part of an apology from montreal they will take Suzuki and our 1st 2nd 3rd for Fleury

Bleh weird dream i had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad