GDT: Free Agent Frenzy 2018

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I don’t know, I think the effort issues are slightly overblown. I haven’t watched a bunch of Vanek, but whatever.
Do you think it's a coincidence that the only teams that sign him are crappy teams and they still only give him 1 year deals?

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
If we sign Maroon that will be 3 (not counting lindholm for Ferland) forwards coming in with only one regular going out. Who's not going to be here next year?

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
If we sign Maroon that will be 3 (not counting lindholm for Ferland) forwards coming in with only one regular going out. Who's not going to be here next year?
From the end of the year, Ferland, Shore and Versteeg are going to be gone.

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
I’m kinda warming up to the idea of Maroon, if we can get the right deal. He’s proven he can put up decent numbers with better players, he knows his role and keeps players honest.

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
From the end of the year, Ferland, Shore and Versteeg are going to be gone.
Ferland and Lindholm cancel each other out and Shore and Versteeg both played like 20 or less games even if they were intended to be regulars. Shore didn't even get a regular shift until injuries hit.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Ferland and Lindholm cancel each other out and Shore and Versteeg both played like 20 or less games even if they were intended to be regulars. Shore didn't even get a regular shift until injuries hit.
That's true. But basically I think we're just going to have competition for spots. Lazar, Brouwer and Hathaway are guys that will have their spots up for the taking, IMO.

Reactions: Dack

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
JVR did have Calgary on his no trade list while with the Leafs so entirely possibly he just didn't want to come here

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
An actual big name free agent signing with the Leafs? We'd never hear the end of the it.

On the other hand, division rivals in the Sharks.

There are no winners here.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Calgary isn’t even in the same universe as a team like Toronto now. Two centres better than anything we have.

All for free.

But yeah. Let’s teach a winning culture. And lose a lot.

Go BT, go swing for the fences and put a deal together for Karlsson.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad