Salary Cap: Free Agency VIII | All Pens FA News, Legit FA Rumors, Trade Ideas Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
Where has it been said that he was unwilling to negotiate/extend with Pittsburgh?
Colligan said it in an interview. IMO, he is as credible as you are going to get in this market. The trib guys have reported it too but they don't hold much weight with me.

BustaKapanen

May 14, 2011
Just checked and realized the Penguins have signed 60% of German players who appeared in an NHL game last year. Draisatl will make it 50%. Damn him.

So 1 can assume at this rate Kuhnackl is a lock to earn a roster spot,Fresh German blood in the lineup!

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
As fans with no connections to the Pens, we'd likely never know. But I'd be interested to see whether Rutherford has even been kicking the tires on the various names who've been mentioned as possibly on the block by their current team (ie. E. Kane, O'Reilly, Sharp).

I really hope those types of guys are who he is targeting, and not just hoping to fill the spots with lower end "top six" guys like Setoguchi or guys of that ilk.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Hey guys I'm a CBJ fan but I was wondering how you are with the cap situation? Also if you need to clear space would you get rid of Martin for something?

Erixon
2016 1st

For

Martin

This is what I would suggest just bc Martin has one more year on his contract and could very well be done. This would only be if you needed cap space though?

I'm just catching up to this tread... so I'm sure this has been responded to already... but Pittsburgh doesn't need another young D. To move Martin, they would need a forward of some sort. Thinking something like Foligno or Jenner (whom I know CBJ won't like to hear) as a key piece coming back. Either that or a top prospect like Wennberg, Rychel or Bjorkstrand, and a plus. Not sure how realistic either of those scenarios are... but from Columbus, I think that's the type of deal that would be happening.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
So...EKane...or Patches?

Those would be the ideal or ROR.

Winnipeg need centers and wings which we don't have much of but Sutter/Bennett or Kappanen would probably be involved + salary moving. Dupuis or Scuderi.

Montreal would probably be similar but they could involve a D-prospect.

Colorado would be interesting cuz they desperately need D and we've got plenty of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad