GDT: Free Agency - Oct 9th - 11:00am CT

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012
Tampa only has around $2.8M in cap space right now?

I'd make some room and offer sheet Sergachev. $5M x 5yrs. That's a 1st and a 3rd in compensation going to Tampa.
How could they match? They still need to sign Cirelli and Cernak too.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.

I'd make some room and offer sheet Sergachev. $5M x 5yrs. That's a 1st and a 3rd in compensation going to Tampa.
I'd rather have Cirelli.

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
Either would be great. Actually with how the market is now, it will be even more difficult for them to keep everyone without serious cost than I imagined.

But, we also don't have space anymore.

Reactions: Pez68

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018

Our 1st could be a top 5 pick. Not giving that up for Sergachev or Cirelli.

Reactions: Drumman44

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
Our 1st could be a top 5 pick. Not giving that up for Sergachev or Cirelli.

If you add a young D like Sergachev you’re not likely to be picking in the top 5. He’s a legit #2 D. (Some might say a future #1)

Its a irrelevant anyway because he wouldn’t sign that, and is on the record as wanting to stay in Tampa.

Cerelli is a really good player, but I wouldn’t give up our 1st for him, I’m with you there.

coolhand

Jan 20, 2016
Streamwood, IL
Hey Hawks fans. I’m a Yotes fan coming in piece. Looking to stir it up with a bit of a wild ass proposal. wondering what you all would think about Phil Kessel for Zack Smith? Phil hasn’t been able to get anything going on Arizona with the lack of talent, here. Being best buds with the head coach hasn’t helped much either. I assume Zack Smith is basically a dump at this point.

Idea is for AZ to trade the better player for the cheaper player with less term. Meanwhile, Chicago banks on Kessel’s poor season being a fluke, and hope he can immediately replace Saad’s production, in Colliton’s more up-tempo system.

Thoughts on a 1:1 deal?

:hawks
Phil Kessel

:coyotes
Zack Smith
How about Shaw and Nylander for Kessel?

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
The NHL GP record

If you factor in NHL + WHA then Howe is still #1

And Howe playing in NHL (And still being productive) at age 51 is still one of the greatest sport feats IMO

puterwiz53

Nov 17, 2010
Saint John, New Brunswick
I suspect that Bowman is working on a trade for Darcy Keumper from Winnipeg. They need to off load salary big time and Winnipeg was talking about trading him. What would be a good trade to land him?

coolhand

Jan 20, 2016
Streamwood, IL
I suspect that Bowman is working on a trade for Darcy Keumper from Winnipeg. They need to off load salary big time and Winnipeg was talking about trading him. What would be a good trade to land him?
Interesting, he had good numbers last year, 2.22 GA and a .928 SV%. It looks like he has 1 year left at 4.5 mil. Move Shaw and Nylander!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad