GDT: Free Agency is here (also trades happening)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
Real smart move to get rid of your entire PK in 48 hours. Of course, the penalty kill would be a defensive aspect of hockey, and Dubas thinks you can win without that.
Considering our PK was absolutely trash, especially in the playoffs. Actual smart move.

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
Looks like this a half an hour into FA. Still room for another defenseman and they'll need some more up front for the Marlies. Still like Cousins, Leipsic, Carpenter, Brouwer, McGinn, Beaulieu, Chiarot, Hutton, Simmonds, Wilson, Maroon for the big club.

Johnsson - Tavares - Marner
Nylander - Matthews - Kapanen
Hyman - Kadri - Bracco
Agostino - Spezza - Moore
ex. Gauthier + Shore
Horton (LTIR)

Rielly - Ceci
Muzzin - Dermott
Harpur - Rosen
ex. Borgman

Andersen
Hutchinson

Mikheyev - Petan - Timashov
Marchment - Brooks - Korshkov
Engvall
Conrad (AHL) - Luchuk - Brazeau (AHL)
ex. Woods (AHL) + Bradley (AHL)

Sandin - Liljegren
Marincin - Hollowell
Vivihalme - Holl
ex. Duszak - Lindgren

Scott
Woll
Sparks (Loan)
Kaskisuo (Loan)

Last edited:
Reactions: dubplatepressure

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Tim Heed stays in San Jose

:( :( :(

1 year, 960K? I would have offered a 2nd year at that

We are making the smaller signings which is OK.

But, Marner is the big enchilada.

The market for the better defenders is thinning out. Our team would look better with a good 1 RD to pair with Reilly.

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
That’s still a horrible right side on D. We need Dermott on the third left and two dmen in the top right. I really hope some big trades happen or else we’re in trouble.
I think Dermott has almost become a full time right side option. He played briefly on the right with Muzzin and then the end of the year/playoffs on the right with Gardiner. I think because of his good skating ability he got the short end of the stick in having to play on his off side. Something definitely has to give though. I see 1 vet signing (or Hutton) and potentially a Kadri trade for a D.

Reactions: The Spring Samauri

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
If they weren't so unlikable, I'd almost feel bad for Isles fans. Imagine getting punched in the dick like that on back to back years.

Especially after Bob McKenzie gave them all the feels last night by saying they were the favorites! What a troll job by Bobbo!

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
Couldn't disagree more.

I guess we'll see if Leafs management agree with you or I soon enough though...

Well either way it's hard to dispute that having a Russian speaking player on the team would help his transition to North America.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Brandon Tanev's contract is just 1.5 million less total than Chris Tanev's contract. Chris at his peak was worth about 15 times as much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad