• Igor Shesterkin

Votes: 152 68.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Pick your poison.
I actually like how we match up better against FLA.
Boston has a better more physical D and better more consistent goaltending.

Fla has the superior offense with 3 lines that can run and guy.

I think our top 6 big boys have showed up all season, we have the skill and talent to match their offense and expose their D.

Shesty is the best goalie left in the playoffs imo.
A step above ottenger and swayman. Hes batttle tested and he’s been here before.
Bobrovisky might match him save for save in a game here or their but doesn’t have the consistency shesty does.
Pickled?? No
Silovs??? No

Florida plays more wide open and relies on special teams. I think we are evenly matched with them but they have recent Cup Final experience which, to me personally, matters a lot. Bob vs. Bread would be my big storyline to watch going in. I think that series is a 7 gamer.

Boston has been wronged by Florida. Embarrassed by them last year and a clear intent to injure on Marchand this season. They've stayed alive and now Marchand is back and they are at home. Has the tide turned in that series? I think its possible. If Boston can win and complete the 3-1 comeback It think mentally they have reached expectations. Rangers would be a rested team against a beat up Boston team with no center depth.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Florida plays more wide open and relies on special teams. I think we are evenly matched with them but they have recent Cup Final experience which, to me personally, matters a lot. Bob vs. Bread would be my big storyline to watch going in. I think that series is a 7 gamer.

Boston has been wronged by Florida. Embarrassed by them last year and a clear intent to injure on Marchand this season. They've stayed alive and now Marchand is back and they are at home. Has the tide turned in that series? I think its possible. If Boston can win and complete the 3-1 comeback It think mentally they have reached expectations. Rangers would be a rested team against a beat up Boston team with no center depth.
Yea. Either way, we want the 7 games tbh.
Whoever the opponent is, playing them tired and beat up while we are given more rest is the best situation.

Throw the regular season games out the window when it comes to playoffs.
IMO also bet on better goaltending… plus Monty is the superior coach imo

Reactions: qwertyaas

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Yea. Either way, we want the 7 games tbh.
Whoever the opponent is, playing them tired and beat up while we are given more rest is the best situation.

Throw the regular season games out the window when it comes to playoffs.
IMO also bet on better goaltending… plus Monty is the superior coach imo

We have the goaltending and coaching advantage on either team. Monty has proved himself with his moves in this series imo. Working the refs and motivating his team well. Maurice is a more checked in Gallant. Not sure how many adjustments he has up his sleeve.

Reactions: egelband

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Woke up in the middle of night, checked the score, 3-1. Woke up a bit later, it was 3-4. Didn't sleep again. Pretty beaten up after working 9 hours with 3 hours of sleep, but was in pretty good mood today have to say.

Someone give me Sam’s calls of all the goals.
Goal calls by Sam

Ah, I guess that's only the Kreider goals. Well those are what matter.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Woke up in the middle of night, checked the score, 3-1. Woke up a bit later, it was 3-4. Didn't sleep again. Pretty beaten up after working 9 hours with 3 hours of sleep, but was in pretty good mood today have to say.

Ah, I guess that's only the Kreider goals. Well those are what matter.
The Maloney scream never gets old.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
Remember when Carolina traded more at the deadline than we did, and then Jack Roslovic was a big part of eliminating them in the 3rd period? Hilarious.

Moral of the story: bargain shopping.
Do you remember when Rangers fans were whining about how Drury did nothing at the deadline except bring in a few role players when they could have got legit top-6 talent? It was during the 2nd intermission. (no, not saying it was you).

Reactions: Cuckoo4Kakko

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I said this early in the GDT. "I simply cannot stand when Kreider amongst others just tosses the puck back to ther Canes at the slightest bit of danger."
All I know is, when I call OUT someone they seem to make amends for their indescrepancies. Works every time. Kreids is a beast when he wants to be. He's only human, a beastly human indeed. Getting deserved accolades here today. But there were many more heroes in this game. I just knew that when they hit the crossbar and post, that was a sign things were changing in our favor.
When our players collided and Aho had that breakaway, I was like "God NO", my heart palpatated. This was gonna be.

Did the Caniacs really believe they were going to win? Bet they were booking flights to NY between the 2nd and 3rd, lmao.

When EVERYTHING points towards a Rangers defeat, THIS TEAM whips out the professionalism, integrity and gumption to come back from the dead. We've done it ALL YEAR, what is there NOT to believe? Nothing is guaranteed, but if you don't believe now, then please tell me........when?

hardnosed

Feb 27, 2017
I think he didn’t want Carolina to keep matching the Aho line vs Trouba / Gus.
Logically, that's probably the reason. And if that's the case, it tells me Schneider is moving up in the pecking order. He's able to cover for Gus better than Trouba.

Cuckoo4Kakko

Jul 1, 2019
Do you remember when Rangers fans were whining about how Drury did nothing at the deadline except bring in a few role players when they could have got legit top-6 talent? It was during the 2nd intermission. (no, not saying it was you).
At intermission we were trading the entire core and blowing it up.

Reactions: Sooth

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
The Maloney scream never gets old.
I cringed at it at first, but I guess it has a charm of its own at moments like this lol.

Carolina Hurricanes are just an evolution of the Toronto Maple Leafs. They get to the 2nd round, and some times even to the conference finals but get swept there every time.

hardnosed

Feb 27, 2017
As improbable as that third period comeback was, Scottie Scheffler getting arrested this morning outside of Valhalla is even crazier
I'm trying to follow that but confusion reigns. Did he hit a pedestrian?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad