GDT: Free Agency is here (also trades happening)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
How would anyone feel about Kadri for Hamonic+?

Kadri seems to be in demand so perhaps hold out for more.

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
You guys don't think Spezza signing was done so we can fix our LW problem internally?

Kadri-Matthews-Nylander will ruin teams sleep. Johnsson is not ahead of Kadri on the depth chart. Kadri deserves a promotion if we have a capable 3C to take his place.

Reactions: WizardOfNaz

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
How would anyone feel about Kadri for Hamonic+?

Kadri seems to be in demand so perhaps hold out for more.

The plus better be a big plus. Hamonic is pretty average. 1st round pick? Meh. Jankowski... maybe? Bennett... probably too expensive and meh.

Kadri is worth gold right now but it feels like something that can happen.

Reactions: Duffman955

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
You'd think so right!? Mitch and his camp and the rest of these RFA's don't seem to think so.
They'll come down. If you look at the signings we've had, an RFA who drives play extremely well coming off a 66 point season just got $6M. An UFA who is a career complementary 40 point guy hits a career high 53 points and got the same number not long ago. Kapanen and Johnsson gets smaller contracts than Brandon Tanev.

The dynamic is the same. Camp Marner will fall in line too.

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
You guys don't think Spezza signing was done so we can fix our LW problem internally?

Kadri-Matthews-Nylander will ruin teams sleep. Johnsson is not ahead of Kadri on the depth chart. Kadri deserves a promotion if we have a capable 3C to take his place.
While I've said I don't see it happening, more likely Kadri now goes for a top 4 D....it is very nice for the eyes to look at. Kadri would tear it up on that wing

Reactions: Havoc

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
They'll come down. If you look at the signings we've had, an RFA who drives play extremely well coming off a 66 point season just got $6M. An UFA who is a career complementary 40 point guy hits a career high 53 points got the same number not long ago. Kapanen and Johnsson gets smaller contracts than Brandon Tanev.

The dynamic is the same. Camp Marner will fall in line too.

I hope you're right. These contract negotiations have got me exhausted. I hope it doesn't drag on as long as Willy's.

Reactions: Nithoniniel

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Travis Hamonic is underrated now. He's a very good player. I'd want to know he'd sign an extension though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad