GDT: Free Agency Frenzy - The Madness Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Good trade for the Blues. And they added Bozak and Perron, who aren't that bad either.

Pretty this would qualify as the shakeup trade that Botts was going for. It'll be interesting to see whether he does anything else.
STL has a very formidable center core, which still pales in comparison to ours. That should tell us all something.

Reactions: BHD

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
The only thing standing in their way is Yeo, who I don't think is that great of a coach. The roster, though, is shaping up nicely.
I think currently the best four or five teams in the league reside in the east but this certainly enhances the Blues cause in the west.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Because where else are you playing him?

So, we should play Phil with Geno because he a worse fit everywhere else and what is best for Geno personally and in terms of what he can do for the team be damned? Makes sense . . .

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
When i first looked at that ROR trade i thought Buffalo got a big return.

Then i read the trade again and Buffalo really didn't get much in value besides the 2 draft picks.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
I think currently the best four or five teams in the league reside in the east but this certainly enhances the Blues cause in the west.

The Jets and Preds are still formidable, but the Blues could now go to war with them.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
So, we should play Phil with Geno because he a worse fit everywhere else and what is best for Geno personally and in terms of what he can do for the team be damned? Makes sense . . .

I knew you'd come round.

Although I also think a lot of people overrate Geno/Phil too fwiw.

Reactions: Shady Machine

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012

Blues are always close but I think they still have a way to go to catch jets and preds.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
So who's Lou gonna sign now, Filppula?

8466138.jpg

Reactions: BHD

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I knew you'd come round.

Although I also think a lot of people overrate Geno/Phil too fwiw.

Sid would rather (a) eat ****, then (b) play with Horny before playing with Phil.

Phil is oil and water with Brass.

So, play Phil with Geno because, even though Geno is better off without him at ES, what else can you do with Phil?

Honestly, you just made the case for trading him.

Reactions: Peat

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
When i first looked at that ROR trade i thought Buffalo got a big return.

Then i read the trade again and Buffalo really didn't get much in value besides the 2 draft picks.

They needed players. Sheary was their best LW. At least Sobotka can play there and the others help their depth in centre.

They have 3 2019 1st round picks now.

The quality offers weren’t there and they wanted to move on from a toxic situation. Plus they had to pay 7.5 mil in bonuses if they still had ROR tomorrow.

Save some cash, get some depth, get a first rounder to continue help the rebuild.

Reactions: dogthateats

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Sid would rather (a) eat ****, then (b) play with Horny before playing with Phil.

Phil is oil and water with Brass.

So, play Phil with Geno because, even though Geno is better off without him at ES, what else can you do with Phil?

Honestly, you just made the case for trading him.
I'm not a proponent for trading Phil, but that's arguably our deepest position. And you could get two really nice pieces back (in theory anyhow).

Star67

Nov 17, 2017
Would love to add Anthony Duclair on a 1Y 1M deal to round out the team,

Jake Guentzel - Sidney Crosby - Patric Hornqvist
Carl Hagelin - Evgeni Malkin - Phil Kessel
Bryan Rust - Derrick Brassard - Daniel Sprong
Matt Cullen - Riley Sheahan - Anthony Duclair

Zach Aston-Reese/Dominik Simon/Jimmy Hayes

Brian Dumoulin - Kris Letang
Jack Johnson - Justin Schultz
Olli Maatta - Jamie Oleksiak

The JJ signing isn't all that bad considering he's going to take a lot of pressure off Dumoulin/Letang. Letang's minutes need to be significantly monitored. The AAV is solid considering what some of the other D-Men got on the market today.

HuskerTornado

Jobu Needs Rum
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
There are two sides to every story though. I could see why Torts would take offense to what was said, but he should have been more diplomatic in his approach.
That's always been one of his problems, he reacts before he thinks. So you get these blowups all the time, especially in regards to anything Penguins. I have gotten plenty of amusement from him over the years, though, so it hasn't been all that bad. :popcorn:

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
I guess we’ll see how good a coach Trotz is next year with the Isles, although IIRC, he did a decent job in Nashville with a far from stacked roster.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
That's always been one of his problems, he reacts before he thinks. So you get these blowups all the time, especially in regards to anything Penguins. I have gotten plenty of amusement from him over the years, though, so it hasn't been all that bad. :popcorn:
The guy acts as if he hasn't won anything of consequence since like 2004. I just don't understand him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad