GDT: Free Agency Frenzy - The Madness Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeadPuckEra

Dec 19, 2014
Pens must have done something to Tortorella at some point to have him fly off the handle about us, the way he does.

Oh that’s right, we made it a habit to beat all his teams asses past and present.

Calls Sid and Malkin “whining stars”, meanwhile back at the ranch....

Reactions: TNT87

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
He’s not the first coach to think Phil is a pain in the ass and Ian Cole is a mediocre defenseman. We don’t know nearly enough details to call him Tortorella with low testosterone ffs.
Well both such players were integral in us winning back to back cups. And maybe Sully should have been more cognizant of that fact.

You're gonna have tension with certain players, how you manage it however is the important thing. Based on recent events I don't think Sully is managing those things particularly well.

Reactions: CertifiedLurker

SherogoesHAM

Apr 6, 2012
I saw Sullivan at a local restaurant. He was basically laying down in the booth. Like he was still facing forward but his feet were so far forward that from his knees to his neck was basically a straight line at seat height and his head tilt was the only thing keeping his face above the table. He sat like that for what had to have been 15-20 minutes. I've never seen an adult sit so improper in my lifetime.

Reactions: OGBobbyFarnham

DeadPuckEra

Dec 19, 2014
I saw Sullivan at a local restaurant. He was basically laying down in the booth. Like he was still facing forward but his feet were so far forward that from his knees to his neck was basically a straight line at seat height and his head tilt was the only thing keeping his face above the table. He sat like that for what had to have been 15-20 minutes. I've never seen an adult sit so improper in my lifetime.

I don’t know why but I lol’d my ass off at this lol

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
If Torts really wants this to be a rivalry he should focus on making it less one sided.

Because it's about as one sided as it can possibly get.

Also that dude is just always angry about something. About half of his quotes should be typed in caps lock.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Maybe he was ''planking'' right side up.:nod: All the cool kids do it.

DeadPuckEra

Dec 19, 2014
If Torts really wants this to be a rivalry he should focus on making it less one sided.

Because it's about as one sided as it can possibly get.

Hey Asshole,

John Tortorella here, what the f*** did you just say about my organization? One sided? I’ll f*** you up motherf***er. What are you a f***ing expert? You live 3 hours away and you know all about what my organization is or isn’t doing to be one sided? That’s a f***ing joke.

f*** you you f***ing f*** f*** f*** f*** f*** f***

John

SherogoesHAM

Apr 6, 2012
I don’t know why but I lol’d my ass off at this lol

Yeah I don't know if his back hurt or if he just wanted to go home so he threw a hissy fit or what. He was there with his wife and son. Pens had a Sunday day game at home and a few hours later I saw him there.

Honestly laying on his upper back and his head tilt kept him from drowning under the table.

DeadPuckEra

Dec 19, 2014
Yeah I don't know if his back hurt or if he just wanted to go home so he threw a hissy fit or what. He was there with his wife and son. Pens had a Sunday day game at home and a few hours later I saw him there.

Honestly laying on his upper back and his head tilt kept him from drowning under the table.

He was probably stressed out because his players are so hard to get along with. Poor guy.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
As far as line combos, barring any other moves, I anticipate this being the opening night lineup

Guentzel-Crosby-Sprong
Hagelin-Malkin-Hornqvist
Rust-Brassard-Kessel
Cullen-Sheahan-Aston-Reese

I can also see Cullen and Sprong occasionally swapping within a game for specific situations. I can also see Hornqvist and Sprong swapping spots at times.

I think they're going to run Brassard-Kessel out for a little while and see how it gels after both were banged up in the playoffs.

Jimmy Hayes is more likely to be Sid's RW than Sprong.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Jimmy Hayes is more likely to be Sid's RW than Sprong.
Unfortunately I think you're right about that. I just hope JR has a modicum of influence here to at least give Sprong another few games. But Sprong would likely have to put up some pretty big numbers in a small window of games.

Reactions: KIRK

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Unfortunately I think you're right about that. I just hope JR has a modicum of influence here to at least give Sprong another few games. But Sprong would likely have to put up some pretty big numbers in a small window of games.

JR isn't going to tell Sully who to play nightly.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
JR isn't going to tell Sully who to play nightly.
I know that but he could make some suggestions, particularly in camp to give the kid a long look and at least afford him some time to gel in the top six.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Buffalo just added 3 top 9 players for ROR.

Bots should've gotten a Dman somewhere in that trade, imo. But still a great trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad