GDT: Free Agency Frenzy - The Madness Begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
JR was suggesting JJ wasn't a healthy scratch based on his play. Suggesting there were ''other'' reasons as to why he was scratched. Rather Ironic considering Sully's R ship with Cole.

Right which is something you say when a guy gets a 5 year term after being a healthy scratch. Torts and Jarmo choosing to act like children is on them. Absurd overreaction from Torts.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I missed that rant from Torts. Hard to believe Sully looks up to him.
TBH I think Sully can alienate players himself. I sincerely hope he checks his ego a bit more and understand that though he's the coach, he needs all his players, even if they aren't exactly the Crosby's, Horny's or Cullens of the world.

Reactions: Hockeygod66

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I'm not a proponent for trading Phil, but that's arguably our deepest position. And you could get two really nice pieces back (in theory anyhow).

One of which might fit with one of our top 3 centers.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Would love to add Anthony Duclair on a 1Y 1M deal to round out the team,

Jake Guentzel - Sidney Crosby - Patric Hornqvist
Carl Hagelin - Evgeni Malkin - Phil Kessel
Bryan Rust - Derrick Brassard - Daniel Sprong
Matt Cullen - Riley Sheahan - Anthony Duclair

Zach Aston-Reese/Dominik Simon/Jimmy Hayes

Brian Dumoulin - Kris Letang
Jack Johnson - Justin Schultz
Olli Maatta - Jamie Oleksiak

The JJ signing isn't all that bad considering he's going to take a lot of pressure off Dumoulin/Letang. Letang's minutes need to be significantly monitored. The AAV is solid considering what some of the other D-Men got on the market today.

Why is Kessel with Malkin-Hagelin even though HMH or HMR is better than HMK?

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Right which is something you say when a guy gets a 5 year term after being a healthy scratch. Torts and Jarmo choosing to act like children is on them. Absurd overreaction from Torts.
I agree, it was an overreaction, but I do understand why the Jackets wouldn't like the suggestion there. I mean look at our coach. He seems to have had several issues with players himself. And issues that haven't exactly benefited us either.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018

I don’t think he does. I think they’re friends but I don’t think that means look up to, nevessarily. I certainly have friends I don’t look to for inspiration as humans.

Mrs Crosby's Dryer

Can we please fire idiot Sullivan now?
Dec 11, 2005
Pittsburgh, Pa.

Sullivan is the low T version of Torts, so it doesn’t surprise me one bit. IMO, both are narcissistic adult toddlers who put their egos ahead of the teams that employ them.

The only difference is our version is way more successful, but way more mentally fragile.

Reactions: Jjbuck

Crafton

Liver-Eating Johnson
May 6, 2010
San Francisco
I don’t think he does. I think they’re friends but I don’t think that means look up to, nevessarily. I certainly have friends I don’t look to for inspiration as humans.

agree. their dynamic is not one that is surprising to me. i see it all the time in professional relationships.

Burn

Mar 24, 2018

The JJ signing isn't all that bad considering he's going to take a lot of pressure off Dumoulin/Letang. Letang's minutes need to be significantly monitored. The AAV is solid considering what some of the other D-Men got on the market today.
Not sold on Duke. I would hope someone can steal that spot. Someone with some grit or up tempo pace.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Sullivan is the low T version of Torts, so it doesn’t surprise me one bit. IMO, both are narcissistic adult toddlers who put their egos ahead of the teams that employ them.

The only difference is our version is way more successful, but way more mentally fragile.
I don't completely agree, but I definitely think there's a lot of truth to what you're saying.

Reactions: CertifiedLurker

Turin

Feb 27, 2018

The f***? Based on what, Ian Cole? Not liking Kessel?

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve

Idk what’s up with Duclair but there could be something wrong with him that would keep the Pens away.

Why is Kessel with Malkin-Hagelin even though HMH or HMR is better than HMK?

You need something about Malkin and Kessel as your little blurb thing.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
As far as line combos, barring any other moves, I anticipate this being the opening night lineup

Guentzel-Crosby-Sprong
Hagelin-Malkin-Hornqvist
Rust-Brassard-Kessel
Cullen-Sheahan-Aston-Reese

I can also see Cullen and Sprong occasionally swapping within a game for specific situations. I can also see Hornqvist and Sprong swapping spots at times.

I think they're going to run Brassard-Kessel out for a little while and see how it gels after both were banged up in the playoffs.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
The ****? Based on what, Ian Cole? Not liking Kessel?
Actually those are two really good examples. lol

It'd probably be to Sully's benefit if he checked his ego a bit more. Since he's won two cups maybe he thinks he has it all figured out.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
The thing with Sullivan not liking Kessel is that you never would have guessed it from his usage. If anything Sullivan needed to be a dick about a clearly hobbled and ineffectual Kessel’s icetime and PP1 spot.

His bigger issue is his pets.

Reactions: Turin

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Actually those are two really good examples. lol

It'd probably be to Sully's benefit if he checked his ego a bit more. Since he's won two cups maybe he thinks he has it all figured out.

He’s not the first coach to think Phil is a pain in the ass and Ian Cole is a mediocre defenseman. We don’t know nearly enough details to call him Tortorella with low testosterone ffs.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
The thing with Sullivan not liking Kessel is that you never would have guessed it from his usage. If anything Sullivan needed to be a dick about a clearly hobbled and ineffectual Kessel’s icetime and PP1 spot.

His bigger issue is his pets.
I didn't particularly care for his utilization of Kuhnackl. But yes. Same thing with Bylsma, thought he had it all figured out. To school for cool!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad