Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
We currently have a 19 man roster, MacEwen and Kelly can't be replaced by cheaper options as they are on league min or less deals.

At this point, Joseph, Kubalik, Brannstrom and Kastelic are the only guys that could be realistically swapped out for a saving.

1.7 mil as of now to fit in Pinto and any other body you want with the club. You can run with 20 and paper transaction Guénette or call him up only for the days he is needed, though unless they really think he'll play, Heatherington makes less so is probably the better option

I see no way Bailey is signed unless we're sending him (or Kelly/MacEwen) to Belleville until this is resolved

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
I feel the same way about t shirts and hats that come free in beer cases.

I worked at the beer store mid 2000s. I remember a Molson promo where we had a 5 foot Stanley cup cut-out.

I must have been asked literally 1000 times by customers whether they could have them (immediately or after the promo was done).

Reactions: Senscore

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
Hopefully, Pinto can sign a 1-year deal with a handshake agreement on an extension in Jan.

We would run a small roster but not have to lose anybody

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
Random thought but would anyone do:

OTT: Lafreniere

NYR: Pinto, Joseph

I don’t particularly want to trade Pinto but just a thought.

Rangers cannot do that cap wise.

Pinto for Lafreniere would make sense value wise, and marketing wise for the Senators - but maybe not in terms of team makeup unless Lafreniere or someone else can successfully transition to C.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
What's the worse plan, run with a 20 man roster, or have 21-23 guys but the 20 that hit the ice aren't as good?

The 20 man roster sounds worse, if it’s a role player you are removing to allow for extra roster spots.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Proposal

To NSH:
Kubalik ($2.5m cap)

To OTT:
Trenin w. 25% ret. ($1.275m cap)

Rationale: Trenin is an NHL player, good bottom 6er with physicality and a touch of offence. Kubalik would have a good shot at playing on Nashville's top line with Forsberg & O'Reilly; at the very least, he'd be their 2nd or 3rd best goal scoring option.

SIGN - Pinto, 1yr x 1.8m
--------------------------------

Tkachuk - Stützle - Giroux
Batherson - Norris - Tarasenko
Smejkal - Pinto - Joseph
Trenin - Kastelic - MacEwan

Chabot - Chychrun
Sanderson - Zub
Brannstrom - Hamonic

Korpisalo
Forsberg

Cap space = 1,000,453
--------------------------
Sign Bailey and put him in the AHL on paper; Jarventie, Greig,Highmore, Bailey, Kelly, Chartier, Reinhardt available as FWD call-ups; Guenette, Kleven, Matinpalo, JBD available as D call-ups; Sogaard, Mandolese, Merilainen available as G call-ups.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
We currently have a 19 man roster, MacEwen and Kelly can't be replaced by cheaper options as they are on league min or less deals.

At this point, Joseph, Kubalik, Brannstrom and Kastelic are the only guys that could be realistically swapped out for a saving.

1.7 mil as of now to fit in Pinto and any other body you want with the club. You can run with 20 and paper transaction Guénette or call him up only for the days he is needed, though unless they really think he'll play, Heatherington makes less so is probably the better option

I see no way Bailey is signed unless we're sending him (or Kelly/MacEwen) to Belleville until this is resolved
If we get pinto to take 1.65 instead of 1.7 we can sign Bailey and send down Kelly since Kelly would be removed from our cap completely if in the ahl

I don't like Kellys play and think we have better internal options but he is still better than Bailey

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
It's amusing that, on the main boards, when these guys are offered in trade proposals they are absolutely terrible players with no redeeming qualities, but when they are waived, they are irreplaceable pieces of hockey talent.

its the same here though. when they are on the roster or in the farm they are unwaivable future nhlers, but on waivers they dont even have a nhl future lol

Reactions: Bileur and DrEasy

BS45

Aug 20, 2022
where ever its 5pm

Pinto for Lafreniere would make sense value wise, and marketing wise for the Senators - but maybe not in terms of team makeup unless Lafreniere or someone else can successfully transition to C.
Since the senators would need someone to play center-
Would Ottawa do Lafreniere and Goodrow for Pinto and Tarasenko?
Looks like the cap works out for Ottawa.
3,641,367 + 2,325,000= 5,966,367 NYR to OTT
5,000,000 + 1,000,000 (OTT offer to Pinto)= 6,000,000 OTT to NYR

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
its the same here though. when they are on the roster or in the farm they are unwaivable future nhlers, but on waivers they dont even have a nhl future lol

I think most people here see them as organizational depth.

It depends on how much you value it or not.

Belleville still needs to put a team on the ice. Getting rid of that middle layer kind of screws them over.

Lafreniere and Pinto are a wash right now, and Tarasenko is more valuable than Goodrow to this team.

So no.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
I don't think we should go through any gymnastics to sign Bailey... They have players on waivers that have been better than Bailey
I fully agree

But he played for DJ before so we might as well accept it

I wasn't joking when I said this was Staios' first big test

Reactions: Cosmix

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

I would not trade Pinto for Lafreniere.

I fully agree

But he played for DJ before so we might as well accept it

I wasn't joking when I said this was Staios' first big test
People are jumping to conclusions here. There is no way Bailey gets a 1 way with the cap crunch this team is in unless they trade Joseph. If he accepts a two way deal thats the only way he keeps playing. Which I dont think is out of the question.

Reactions: Masked

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
if there was ever a player who played to specifically not make the team or get a contract it would be be Bailey.

but if he makes wtf is even ptos or training camps for?

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Absolutely not. Wouldnt trade Pinto 1 for 1 for Lafreniere. He looks better already, has way more run way in his development and he plays a way more valuable position.

Reactions: Masked

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

Could they send down Kelly and sign Bailey to a league minimum? Or can they send down Kelly and keep up Smejkal?

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
The 20 man roster sounds worse, if it’s a role player you are removing to allow for extra roster spots.
If we run with a 20 man roster, and call up guys exclusively for game days, we can stretch ~700k to cover two extra bodies at league min.

We can stretch it further by not doing it on home stands or short distance road trips, and even more so if someone ends up on LTIR at some point.

Ideally we make a trade to free up space, a 20 man roster is tough to do all year.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
I would not trade Pinto for Lafreniere.

People are jumping to conclusions here. There is no way Bailey gets a 1 way with the cap crunch this team is in unless they trade Joseph. If he accepts a two way deal thats the only way he keeps playing. Which I dont think is out of the question.
I truly hope you are right, logic (based off cap) should mean that you are right. However about one third of the pto signings have been resolved so we are keeping him around for a reason and which is concerning

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
1 vs 2-way deal makes no difference for Bailey. All that matters is cap hit, which needs to be near league min in order for it to make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad