Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
That would be a guaranteed court case (likely with any suspensions, but definitely in that case)

Doubtful. Maybe the PA gets involved but from the sounds of it that particular player (maybe Formenton) engaged in gross and scummy behaviour, which may not be illegal or prosecutable, but may still be grounds for a suspension from the NHL.

I'm sure there are rules that govern off-ice conduct in the CBA that could be used to justify a lengthy suspension.

Reactions: swiftwin

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
The challenge at this point is that if he didn't do anything illegal, and no charges are brought forth, everyone is essentially going to believe he got away with a crime.

That's not an easy thing to shake without a comprehensive explanation.

KingAlfie11

Nov 3, 2021
I read somewhere that there's a video of the incident and that the woman was passed out so personally I have no sympathy for any of those guys. They put themselves in that situation so as far as I'm concern they need to be held accountable period.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Unless there is something that specifically identified Formenton . I am on the side that he has been given a raw deal already. I would be onside with you it there he was complicit in a crime
I understand what you're saying, and again, not going to argue with it. I just think even if he had no involvement or did nothing even approaching a criminal act, the amount of noise that would accompany him in a Canadian market isn't worth it.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
I read somewhere that there's a video of the incident and that the woman was passed out so personally I have no sympathy for any of those guys. They put themselves in that situation so as far as I'm concern they need to be held accountable period.

I think you are confusing this with the 2003 investigation.

This is how rumours start flying around.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
The challenge at this point is that if he didn't do anything illegal, and no charges are brought forth, everyone is essentially going to believe he got away with a crime.

Lets go full conspiracy. There is a high end NHL star that is right in the middle of this. Formenton has been found guilty by so many on here and on twitter and in the general public. Maybe another conspiracy theory is that he's gotten the rawest of deals on this and if it were virtually any other team he'd be suiting up on the 2nd year of a new contract.

Reactions: Cosmix and bert

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008

The public can believe whatever it wants to believe. The Sens and the NHL shouldn't give in to public pressure from the public/media, given they know extremely little about what happened and like all social media mobs want their pound of flesh regardless of whether its justified.

It seems obvious to me this "investigation" has been nothing of the sort, given that the acts in question took place half a decade ago. The London PD isn't waiting on results from the lab after visiting the untouched hotel room in question to swab the place down and find answers.

Instead this has likely been an extended period of attempts to have the woman in question provide more information about what happened and perhaps change her mind about letting the players off from legal responsibility by just taking the payout from Hockey Canada and moving on.

If she's not willing to do that, there's not much that can be done. People will say that means the players got away with a crime, but it could also mean that the victim in this case doesn't feel like they deserve the punishment that would come with that.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
The public can believe whatever it wants to believe. The Sens and the NHL shouldn't give in to public pressure from the public/media, given they know extremely little about what happened and like all social media mobs want their pound of flesh regardless of whether its justified.

It seems obvious to me this "investigation" has been nothing of the sort, given that the acts in question took place half a decade ago. The London PD isn't waiting on results from the lab after visiting the untouched hotel room in question to swab the place down and find answers.

Instead this has likely been an extended period of attempts to have the woman in question provide more information about what happened and perhaps change her mind about letting the players off from legal responsibility by just taking the payout from Hockey Canada and moving on.
Could have been trying to get people to talk and effectively provide testimony against their team mates. They did say at one point they were ready to charge up to 5 players ... I wonder what that was about. If law enforcement is ready to lay charges why would Hockey Canada or the NHL have to agree?

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
We've been rumored to be interested in Laughton, and if there are serious concerns about Norris' future, you have to revisit that idea.

The cost would be high (probably Joseph + the Detroit 1st + a prospect), but it's something I'd consider.

You could move forward with Pinto in the #2 slot and Laughton as your prototypical, defense-first #3. Eventually, in a year or two, Greig/Jarventie might push Laughton to LW, where he's also comfortable.

For a more short-term move, you could likely get Henrique relatively early on in the season.

Jarventie has had a good camp, but he needs a full year playing big minutes at C, and that shouldn't happen in the NHL on a team that wants to make the playoffs. Greig is further along, but I don't know if he can hold up over 82 games in that spot just yet.
I dont think trading more futures right now is the answer for a marginal improvement. Dont know if Laughton is any better than Grieg. Need to save those futures for when this team is really knocking on the door. They are also losing Joseph in this scenario, I dont think they are much better and they added a 1st to do it.

I think Jarventie needs more time too but he isnt a terrible option for a call up.

Reactions: Cosmix and DrEasy

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
We have no cap room to fit him.
Find it, not complicated. Trade Joseph if they have to. He is exactly what this team is missing. I cant believe people are saying they don't want him around when they cant even press charges. There's a reason they haven't.

Doubtful. Maybe the PA gets involved but from the sounds of it that particular player (maybe Formenton) engaged in gross and scummy behaviour, which may not be illegal or prosecutable, but may still be grounds for a suspension from the NHL.

I'm sure there are rules that govern off-ice conduct in the CBA that could be used to justify a lengthy suspension.
He's already paid the price of missing a full season and has his named dragged through the mud. While none of the other players who were involved have had to deal with anything. I think there is a relationship to repair with this organization there is new leadership here now. If I were him the way previous management handled the situation I wouldnt want to come back either.

Reactions: Cosmix

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina

Careful, those are heavy, heavy allegations from something you "read somewhere."

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Lets go full conspiracy. There is a high end NHL star that is right in the middle of this. Formenton has been found guilty by so many on here and on twitter and in the general public. Maybe another conspiracy theory is that he's gotten the rawest of deals on this and if it were virtually any other team he'd be suiting up on the 2nd year of a new contract.
At some point then he should speak up and defend himself.
Keep it short and say something like “I had nothing to do with this situation. Didn’t do anything wrong”
But I don’t think he can say that honestly. So….he can go f himself until someone can convince us that he is an innocent man.
You can call it guilty until proven innocent BUT I’m basing this on everything I’ve read and not read. And by the fact he hasn’t said anything and for some reason he’s off in Europe and not here.
I don’t know for sure but based on all that and more I’m guessing it’s not good and I just wouldn’t want the guy around.
Again,, if he or someone can change my mind then super happy to have him back. And apologies issued.
Just my thoughts. One guy here. Not important but I think others feel the same.
More important things than hockey.

Last edited:

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Find it, not complicated. Trade Joseph if they have to. He is exactly what this team is missing. I cant believe people are saying they don't want him around when they cant even press charges. There's a reason they haven't.
Sounds easy enough but looks like their having issues making room for Pinto.

I've always maintained that Formenton is an excellent middle six forward and exactly what this team is lacking there.

I'd welcome him back no question if he's innocent

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Should supply a credible source if you are reporting evidence no one else has reported here or on from what I have seen on twitter or delete this portion of your post. Your last sentence is your opinion and is perfectly fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad