Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
New thread continued from here

ANY DISCUSSION/SPECULATION ON HOCKEY CANADA SCANDAL WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT THREAD BAN

Thank you!

:)

Last edited:

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
New thread continued from here

ANY DISCUSSION/SPECULATION ON CANADA HOCKEY SCANDAL WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT THREAD BAN

Thank you!

:)

Please don't ban. Lol

Let's say there are suspensions. Do we get cap relief? I've heard no.

If not, how do we go about trying to replace batherson/formenton?

If so, how do we go about trying to replace them?

Or do we just kind of give up on this build as we would almost be a middling team for a while without replacing them.

Anyone available through trade for one of our firsts?

We can't go into the year with an underwhelming bottom 6 again. That's all I know.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Please don't ban. Lol

Let's say there are suspensions. Do we get cap relief? I've heard no.

If not, how do we go about trying to replace batherson/formenton?

If so, how do we go about trying to replace them?

Or do we just kind of give up on this build as we would almost be a middling team for a while without replacing them.

Anyone available through trade for one of our firsts?

We can't go into the year with an underwhelming bottom 6 again. That's all I know.

Go back and read the last thread. I answered it a while back.

When players are suspended for on-ice events, this is considered "supplemental discipline" and their cap hit still counts against the cap while they're suspended. When they're suspended for off-ice events, like with Austin Watson (domestic violence) and Nate Schmidt (failed drug test), they do not count against the Cap during their suspension (CBA Section 50.10.c).

JUST WAIT UNTIL THERE IS LEGITIMATE NEWS.

Feel free about talk about trades and trade proposals.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Go back and read the last thread. I answered it a while back.

When players are suspended for on-ice events, this is considered "supplemental discipline" and their cap hit still counts against the cap while they're suspended. When they're suspended for off-ice events, like with Austin Watson (domestic violence) and Nate Schmidt (failed drug test), they do not count against the Cap during their suspension (CBA Section 50.10.c).

JUST WAIT UNTIL THERE IS LEGITIMATE NEWS.

Feel free about talk about trades and trade proposals.

I feel like we should discuss legitimate top 6 wingers to replace batherson if need be. Someone in the 4-5 million range who might be on the market and might be had with one of our first + a sweetener.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
I am sick of the unsubstantiated Hockey Canada rumours, if the team is desperate to meet the cap should it effect eligibility of Batherson to suit up, I will volunteer my services for the league's minimum wage to block pucks and punches with my face. I also provide unique scoring opportunities, for either teams, when I try to score off a header like a soccer striker like Craig Anderson did on net. Not sure if cap would be an issue for a suspension from off-ice related issue that has nothing to do with the Sens.

Not worried about it - do hope there is closure to this debacle for everyone's sake. Have high hopes for this roster.

In the event Batherson is suspended, in the interim they can go with:

Tkachuk-Stutzle-Giroux
Kubalik-Norris-Tarasenko
Grieg-Pinto-Joseph
Smejkal/McEwen/Boko/Kelly-Kastelic-Sokolov

Not the most ideal scenario, but hardly debilitating for 15-20 games. I still expect a winning percentage in October and November to have a poll position to start the season.

Last edited:

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
I am sick of the unsubstantiated Hockey Canada rumours, if the team is desperate to meet the cap should it effect eligibility of Batherson to suit up, I will volunteer my services for the league's minimum wage to block pucks and punches with my face. I also provide unique scoring opportunities, for either teams, when I try to score off a header like a soccer striker like Craig Anderson did on net.

Not worried about it - do hope there is closure to this debacle for everyone's sake. Have high hopes for this roster.

In the event Batherson is suspended, in the interim they can go with:

Tkachuk-Stutzle-Giroux
Kubalik-Norris-Tarasenko
Grieg-Pinto-Joseph
McEwen/Boko/Kelly-Kastelic-Sokolov

Not the most ideal scenario, but hardly debilitating for 15-20 games. I still expect a winning percentage in October and November to have a poll position to start the season.
That bottom 6 looks very meh. What's the solution at the 15-20 game mark?

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I think that bottom 6 looks pretty good actually

First off, you've got a young improving player at 3C that is actually moving down a slot. He's going to have an easier time of it than last year. And you've got Joseph playing with a C that is more than adequate which he never had last year

Then you've got a 4C that is in his second year that's great in the dot and is physical and mean.

Having Cs that are well suited for their roles goes along way.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus

I am assuming Bath doesn't get more than 20 games, not sure where I read it but Batherson supposedly made a comment about being in the room for a few minutes and leaving (without engaging). Unless London police unearths something new, don't know if NHLPA will just let the league suspend players without further evidence. I do see them coming hard on the "instigators" if you will, with Formenton being silently "indicated" as one of the main perps.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Batherson returns to the lineup.

Does formenton return to the lineup and get a contract when his suspension is up, even if it's a longer suspension?

Or would his suspension not commence until he receives a contract?

I heard even away from the whole incident, that formenton and Ottawa don't like each other? If it came out that formenton was in a different country (I know it's no the case) do formenton and Ottawa even agree to terms, or is he done in Ottawa for possibly more than the reason we can't talk about?

Relapsing

Jul 3, 2018
there’s not enough money in the world to get me to fight Reaves
I generally assume everyone has a threshold for how much money it would take to get their clock cleaned in front of a live audience... But it sure ain't league minimum for me, lol

Does anyone have a list of who is still available on the FA market?

Reactions: BigRig4

Dionysus

Oct 7, 2007
Around the bend
G moving to LW seems like a really solid and simple way to fit the best players into the top 6, and spread out the wingers who can take faceoffs to help Stu and Norris.

Giroux-Stutzle-Tarasenko
Tkachuck-Norris-Batherson

Kubalik-Pinto-Joseph
Smejkal-Kastelic-MacEwan

Can swap wingers as needed. No shutdown line really, but the scoring depth looks pretty solid.

Reactions: NB613 and DrEasy

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Just leaving this here

Attachments

• 2B60C908-7EBC-4407-99FB-6055F9F50826.jpeg
    2B60C908-7EBC-4407-99FB-6055F9F50826.jpeg
    270.2 KB · Views: 10

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
G on the left side makes a lot of sense to me. I could see them reuniting the Tkachuk Norris, Drake & Josh line and running this group:

Giroux - Stützle - Tarasenko
Tkachuk - Norris - Batherson
Greig - Pinto - Kubalik
Kelly/Sokolov - Kastelic - MacEwen
I like Greig over Joseph on the 3rd line. Not sure how we keep Joseph and sign Pinto.. If we do I'd push Jo to the 4th line.

Reactions: Icelevel

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Only way to keep pinto and Joseph is to trade away Kubalik. I rather just attach lassi and a 2nd to Joseph and get the cap space

Reactions: SensFactor

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
I like Greig over Joseph on the 3rd line. Not sure how we keep Joseph and sign Pinto.. If we do I'd push Jo to the 4th line.
I would definitely have Joseph in the lineup if possible but as you say, it will be difficult to have both him & Pinto.

Some guys we could look at to fill a 4th line wing spot:
- Zach Aston Reece
- Nick Ritchie
- Colin White
- Danton Heinen (probably too expensive)
- Josh Bailey
- Saku Maenalanen
- Noah Gregor
- Sam Gagner
- Josh Levio
- Mason Shaw (probably too small but a good AHLer)
- Derek Brassard (almost a given if he is healthy)

I'd like to add one guy from the list above... especially if Sokolov isn't really in our future plans.

Only way to keep pinto and Joseph is to trade away Kubalik. I rather just attach lassi and a 2nd to Joseph and get the cap space
We could send down Joseph/ride LTIR for a bit and fit everyone eventually, but we'd need to run a bare bones roster for a while, probably with 11+7 at times (unless we risk losing JBD/Hamo on waivers)

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
I would definitely have Joseph in the lineup if possible but as you say, it will be difficult to have both him & Pinto.

Some guys we could look at to fill a 4th line wing spot:
- Zach Aston Reece
- Nick Ritchie
- Colin White
- Danton Heinen (probably too expensive)
- Josh Bailey
- Saku Maenalanen
- Noah Gregor
- Sam Gagner
- Josh Levio
- Mason Shaw (probably too small but a good AHLer)
- Derek Brassard (almost a given if he is healthy)

I'd like to add one guy from the list above... especially if Sokolov isn't really in our future plans.

We could send down Joseph/ride LTIR for a bit and fit everyone eventually, but we'd need to run a bare bones roster for a while, probably with 11+7 at times (unless we risk losing JBD/Hamo on waivers)
Make him ride the LRT instead: insta-retirement -> cap relief.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad