GDT: Free Agency Day! Wednesday July 13th 2022 Noon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Not sure that guys is reliable but after this, Martin Leclerc and Renaud Lavoie there's definitely some smoke. Anyway, chances are nothing will happen. Forget "rebuild" if this is the way they go, although our D will still be terrible with a big ? in net.

It's still a rebuild and a potential top 10 pick regardless. It just might not be 1-5 range. Dubois is only 1 year older than Suzuki.

Dvorak, Panthers unprotected 1st, and a prospect like Kidney or Struble?

Last edited:

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
It was rumoured for a while. Them getting Debrincat becomes that more of an incentive for him to sign. Dorion doing fine so far.
I don't like the notion of Ottawa being our daddies in the coming years.

Chabot, DeBrindcat, Stuetzle, Tkachuk, and now Giroux are all individually better than any player the Habs have. That's crazy.

Reactions: the

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
I don't like the notion of Ottawa being our daddies in the coming years.

Chabot, DeBrindcat, Stuetzle, Tkachuk, and now Giroux are all individually better than any player the Habs have. That's crazy.
Suzuki and Caufield say Hi.

Reactions: dralaf

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
Suzuki and Caufield say Hi.
I don't think either of them, as of writing, is a better NHL player than any of the aforementioned Senators - even Tim Stuetzle is going to outproduce Suzuki this year, sadly.

We Habs fans tend to overrate our dynamic duo a lot. Let them earn their reputations, I'm sure they can but let them earn it first.

Reactions: the and Wats

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
All this talk of trading Florida's 1st round pick in next years draft. Isn't this an unprotected first round pick? I know there's only a very small chance that Florida misses the playoffs next season, but do we really want to take that chance?

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Or he can get traded here, sign for 8 years and then we really don’t have to hear the end of it….except of course for the crowd that will initially hate the trade and let us know about it for the next 8 years.

It would be extremely stupid to pay the asset cost to get Dubois right now and put ourselves right back in the middle of no-man's land after one year at the basement. It's exactly how we ended up with the MB regime.

Yes pretty please. Lock him away...
and
insiders were saying Campbell wanted 6$ per year a few days ago, so that's kind of a win...

Those insiders were fabricating higher totals so Leafs fans would be less upset with Campbell leaving and getting Matt Murray. It's what Bergevin did with the Danault contract.

Not sure that guys is reliable but after this, Martin Leclerc and Renaud Lavoie there's definitely some smoke. Anyway, chances are nothing will happen. Forget "rebuild" if this is the way they go, although our D will still be terrible with a big ? in net.

He's not reliable at all.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
MSL record projected over a full season is 8th last. Eddy for a full season is a factor as well as the youth one more year older.

My money is on 8-12 range pick. I posted my various reasons in the previous post.

.432 would place us 7th last, not 8th. And barely above 6th last.

They also had their good games before TDL, before trading Toffoli, Lekhonen, Chiarot and Kulak.

Edmundson and Allen came back but it didnt change anything, Habs played around ,300.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
All this talk of trading Florida's 1st round pick in next years draft. Isn't this an unprotected first round pick? I know there's only a very small chance that Florida misses the playoffs next season, but do we really want to take that chance?

I would. Panthers pick will not be top 10. Dvorak, Panthers 1st, and one of Struble or Kidney for Dubois but with an extension in place. 7x7 or 7x7.5.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
I don't think either of them, as of writing, is a better NHL player than any of the aforementioned Senators - even Tim Stuetzle is going to outproduce Suzuki this year, sadly.

We Habs fans tend to overrate our dynamic duo a lot. Let them earn their reputations, I'm sure they can but let them earn it first.
Dumping on Slaf...Accusing the rest of the fanbase of overrating our "dynamic duo".....jaded much?

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
PLD is a fine piece, but keeping the big picture in mind, on a championship roster he's not even second fiddle. He's playing viola.

We can probably get him at the deadline, after our lottery pick is secured.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

Nothing prevent us to protect that that pick in a trade

Reactions: Nicko999

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
.432 would place us 7th last, not 8th. And barely above 6th last.

They also had their good games before TDL, before trading Toffoli, Lekhonen, Chiarot and Kulak.

Edmundson and Allen came back but it didnt change anything, Habs played around ,300.

Do you think our winning % is 0.250 from Sept to Jan this year?

I get what you're saying but it will take a lot of negative for another bottom 5 finish. This is not a Coyotes situation and there are still many parts in place.

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
I haven't watched Strome play much, but from what I've read from Hawks fans we should definitely not sign this guy. Dach has potential, but it seems Strome is just lazy as hell from what I've read.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
You're right, just depends what you give to acquire him. If it's a deal around Dvorak then it's perfectly fine. If they start depleting the D prospect pool, it's just plugging a hole and creating another, especially since Ds take longer to develop usually. Like I said, I'm fine with the move.
Agree, I would be disappointed if Guhle was included but if it's longer shot prospects like Mailloux I think it's okay. I hope something like Dvorak+Anderson+Poehling+Mailloux/pick would be workable for Dubois. Get younger/better quality without giving up key core pieces.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I haven't watched Strome play much, but from what I've read from Hawks fans we should definitely not sign this guy. Dach has potential, but it seems Strome is just lazy as hell from what I've read.

I doubt we land Strome. The Ontario boy will get offers from the Leafs (low AAV) in a prove it contract and he will rather play with them than the Habs. Both teams offer low AAV.

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006

They're better than any of them except Debrincat... And even Debrincat without Kane might not be as good ...

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Do you think our winning % is 0.250 from Sept to Jan this year?

I get what you're saying but it will take a lot of negative for another bottom 5 finish. This is not a Coyotes situation and there are still many parts in place.
I actually think the roster makeup is in a way that a lot of positive/breakout seasons need to happen to get out of bottom 5. Price/Allen would need to be good. Harris would need to be good. Edmundson needs to be healthy and able to carry the biggest workload of his career. Same for Savard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad