GDT: Free Agency Day! Wednesday July 13th 2022 Noon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
In my opinion, it will rather be something like a 3/4m contract coming back with 1/2 year term, teams don't dump 1m players usually

I think Subban back to MTL is a real possibility in terms of PR move. I would not like it or mind it in a rebuilding team.

If we are taking back $3M or $4M, we are only saving $3.25M or $2.25M. There would have to be another trade to unload one of Drouin, Dadonov, Byron, Hoffman, Armia. That's not easy to do and we might have to pay a future to do it.

I think our best play is to retain $1M on Petry and take back futures.

As far as Subban, I think he would do well with Eddy in Petry's spot. Gallagher might not be happy but Gallagher is a problem contract at this point so that should not factor in to weather we sign Subban or not.

Yep, just what we need: an expensive defenceman who is slower than Savard.

We won't be paying him if he comes to Montreal. Probably $2M or less. If he wants more and another team offers it, good luck with it.

expy

Nov 2, 2010
So, seems like we're gonna make an offer to get Kulak back.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
We all would love to get Bedard but winning back to back lotteries is rare and this Habs roster will be better than last year. Lots of factors involved...

* MSL for a full season
* Price plays more than 5 games
* We likely don't have as many injuries. Almost broke records last year
* Long off season for players to train and rebound.
* Better energy heading into the season with less expectations.

If you follow Gorton and Hughes narratives, the plan is not to tank. Fans want it but I see a pick from 8-12 range. Not impossible for us to have a top 5 pick but I think this roster with rising youth gains momentum.

Habs fan base is getting emotionally attached to Bedard. I'd love it but we are just not in the same situation as the Coyotes. Last season was a disaster not a good team but still a disaster that lead to us finishing last. They were deflated by the KK offer sheet, Price/Weber injury, and Danault walking.

RationalExpecations ;)

Ahah I am not saying the Habs will get Bedard, what I mean is that I don't see them trying to spend futures to get some assets to contend right now.

I don't think people see how far that team was from contention. Even accounting only for the post MSL performance, they would reach 70 points, which puts you bottom 5. Without Petry, I don't see it getting better that's all I mean.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Ahah I am not saying the Habs will get Bedard, what I mean is that I don't see them trying to spend futures to get some assets to contend right now.

I don't think people see how far that team was from contention. Even accounting only for the post MSL performance, they would reach 70 points, which puts you bottom 5. Without Petry, I don't see it getting better that's all I mean.

There not trying to contend right now. They are trying to assemble building blocks and positive momentum. Like it or not, HuGo do not have Bedard on their minds.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
Well I guess they're trying to make the last push with Pavelski and Benn...

They have 18m in cap space; with Robertson, Oettinger and 2 players to sign. I don't get the Burns rumors except if SJS is willing to retain a lot but that won't come cheap...

Seattle should sign Gaudreau. Would attract fans there.

Apparently money was not the issue in CGY he wants to play close to where his family is (North East US)

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
UFA predictions
Subban - Toronto
Giroux - Ottawa
Kessel - CGY
Gaudreau - NJ/NYI
Radulov - Vegas
Palat - Calgary
Trochek - Colorado
Kuemper - NJ or BUF
Klingberg - Seattle or NJ
Kadri - NYR or Seattle
Manson - Carolina
Chariot - STL
Perron - NJ or Edmonton
Copp - Buffalo or Seattle

Habs
Trades Petry for barely nothing to get rid of the money
Habs waste money on Kulak
Habs waste money on Colin White (LMFAO)
Dubois never happens
Anderson traded but later on the summer.

Conclusion : Ill probably whine as usual when I wake up to the disaster.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Well I guess they're trying to make the last push with Pavelski and Benn...

This is why I feel Petry lands in Dallas. Habs retain $1M and his 3 years in term left fits for their compete window before they consider a reset.

Petry at $5.25M provides enough room for them to bridge one of Oettinger and Robertson (or both) and he fits well with Lindell.

Unless they are looking at Subban as the RD replacement to play with Lindell?

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
UFA predictions
Subban - Toronto
Giroux - Ottawa
Kessel - CGY
Gaudreau - NJ/NYI
Radulov - Vegas
Palat - Calgary
Trochek - Colorado
Kuemper - NJ or BUF
Klingberg - Seattle or NJ
Kadri - NYR or Seattle
Manson - Carolina
Chariot - STL
Perron - NJ or Edmonton
Copp - Buffalo or Seattle

Habs
Trades Petry for barely nothing to get rid of the money
Habs waste money on Kulak
Habs waste money on Colin White (LMFAO)
Dubois never happens
Anderson traded but later on the summer.

Conclusion : Ill probably whine as usual when I wake up to the disaster.
In life consistency is vital for peace of mind! LOL

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
I swear people think we trading Petry , and acquiring Dubois and signing. Klingberg…my guess:

Petry trade is happening but this Dubois smoke is all nonsense. It’s classic Montreal rumour that gets carried away

True. And I’m not even sure we’re trading Petry. Probably one of our wingers.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
I hope they don't make the team better today.

Dubois would be nonsense considering we have Suzuki, Dach, Dvorak and potentially a top C prospect next draft.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Burns is 37 with 3 more years at 8m. That's beyond worse than Petry

He's also very heavy at 230lbs. Weight affects skating/decline and especially at age 37!

Petry at age 34 is lean and has shown zero skating declines. If the Sharks think Burns is a solution, it might be for 1 year but man... age 38 and 39 seasons will be painful. The only way that makes sense is if the Sharks are retaining 50%.

I hope Hughes is considering $1M retention on Petry. It's our best play IMO. Petry at $5.25M for a top 4RD who is still very mobile has lots of value.

Maybe the Canes are knocking on the door hard after we pay Petry's bonus

So where’s that Petry bonus trade ?

It's on hold... Another team found out and called Hughes to offer something better and they are going back and forth :sarcasm:

Reactions: HabsWhiteKnightLOL
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad