GDT: Free Agency Day! Wednesday July 13th 2022 Noon

Status
Not open for further replies.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Adding Dubois is not nonsense. And I'd target a stud on D in the next draft who can move the needle on our PP.

Suzuki
Dubois
Dvorak
Evans

Not sure what contract we would need to send in the Dubois trade but Dach, Panthers 1st and Kidney or Struble is a deal I'd make in a heartbeat. As long as it's a sign/trade and Dubois plays nice on the 7 year AAV.
Can't see it being Dach when we just got him. Replace him with Dvorak and I'm down. Dvorak, Panthers 1st and Kidney.

Love your idea of targeting a stud D in the draft. Obviously we can't pass on a Bedard or Michkov if available, but I feel like there could be some D that get lost in the shuffle of all that offensive firepower next draft.

Who are the top D for 2023?

HostileCapSpace

Jul 1, 2019
Montreal

Not sure that guys is reliable but after this, Martin Leclerc and Renaud Lavoie there's definitely some smoke. Anyway, chances are nothing will happen. Forget "rebuild" if this is the way they go, although our D will still be terrible with a big ? in net.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Reactions: MarkovsKnee

zx81

Aug 2, 2005
I don't expect anything from us today.
Our trades will happen later this summer as what we have to offer is pretty much last resort options for the other teams.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017

Not sure that guys is reliable but after this, Martin Leclerc and Renaud Lavoie there's definitely some smoke. Anyway, chances are nothing will happen. Forget "rebuild" if this is the way they go, although our D will still be terrible with a big ? in net.

Why forget rebuild?... Dubois is freaking 24 years old. We are not talking about competing next year either. Just adding to the young core.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006

How is trading Dvorak + likely other roster pieces for Dubois 'forgetting rebuild'? They would be actually getting younger. Like you said, the D and G still will have major issues. Dubois isn't that good that he'll carry the team on his back. He's arguably as good as Suzuki and could make a great 1-2 punch on LW with Slafkovsky if Dach ends up actually developing into #2 C.

Reactions: TheFalk

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021

Strome can't skate or play defense and he's often injured. I fail to see why Hughes would be trying to acquire him.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Can't see it being Dach when we just got him. Replace him with Dvorak and I'm down. Dvorak, Panthers 1st and Kidney.

Love your idea of targeting a stud D in the draft. Obviously we can't pass on a Bedard or Michkov if available, but I feel like there could be some D that get lost in the shuffle of all that offensive firepower next draft.

Who are the top D for 2023?

If we trade for Dubois, one of Dach or Dvorak is going the other way. Reality. I rather it be Dvorak but if you were the Jets, what would you ask for? Dach or Dvorak? Wondering if Dvorak, Panthers 1st and Kidney works? Might seem like a low offer but it's basically a 2 year rental offer.

Not sure who the top D are for 2023. Have not looked in it with depth yet. Check it the draft center on Elite Prospects. Elite Prospects - NHL Draft Center

Reactions: waitin425

HostileCapSpace

Jul 1, 2019
Montreal
How is trading Dvorak + likely other roster pieces for Dubois 'forgetting rebuild'? They would be actually getting younger. Like you said, the D and G still will have major issues. Dubois isn't that good that he'll carry the team on his back. He's arguably as good as Suzuki and could make a great 1-2 punch on LW with Slafkovsky if Dach ends up actually developing into #2 C.

You're right, just depends what you give to acquire him. If it's a deal around Dvorak then it's perfectly fine. If they start depleting the D prospect pool, it's just plugging a hole and creating another, especially since Ds take longer to develop usually. Like I said, I'm fine with the move.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Getting to 8-12 with our Defense is not a rational expectation.

MSL record projected over a full season is 8th last. Eddy for a full season is a factor as well as the youth one more year older.

My money is on 8-12 range pick. I posted my various reasons in the previous post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad