GDT: Free Agency Day! Wednesday July 13th 2022 Noon

Status
Not open for further replies.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
I hope they don't make the team better today.

Dubois would be nonsense considering we have Suzuki, Dach, Dvorak and potentially a top C prospect next draft.
If Dubois comes here, Dvorak is going the other way, Jets will want a center back in the trade and it won't be Suzuki.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I hope they don't make the team better today.

Dubois would be nonsense considering we have Suzuki, Dach, Dvorak and potentially a top C prospect next draft.

Adding Dubois is not nonsense. And I'd target a stud on D in the next draft who can move the needle on our PP.

Suzuki
Dubois
Dvorak
Evans

Not sure what contract we would need to send in the Dubois trade but Dach, Panthers 1st and Kidney or Struble is a deal I'd make in a heartbeat. As long as it's a sign/trade and Dubois plays nice on the 7 year AAV.

Reactions: TheFalk

WG

Sep 9, 2008
Of course I value Dubois over Dvorak but some Jets fans are saying Dvorak is negative value at $4.45M. Well imagine what value Dubois is at $8M when his career numbers are 54 pts and 23 goals. Ignoring things past points and goals is the stupid part and it applies to both players. Both play solid 200' games but yeah, one is worth more than the other. Adding Dach on top is a fair offer and the Jets need center depth. Especially with Scheifele 2 years away from UFA.

Career:
Dvorak:
0.5 pts/game (0.22 goals/game)
Dubois: 0.66 pts/game (0.28 goals/game)

Last two Seasons:
Dvorak:
0.57 pts/game (0.25 goals/game)
Dubois: 0.66 pts/game (0.29 goals/game)

Difference in points/goal production over the last two years is 7 pts and 3 goals. And they got the nerve to say Dvorak is a negative contract. Comical

In fact, the Dvorak and Dach offer might be too much. Maybe a Dvorak, Kidney, and Struble offer is as far as we go. Hard to say.
Main board is not worth your time. Every Montreal player is negative value, and I'm sure they expect this trade today will be Petry plus two first rounders for a 7th rounder so Montreal can get out of that 'negative value' contract.

I do not want to spend assets on PLD, caveat as always if you can get him at 50 cents on the dollar then sure, but if it is going to cost Guhle, 2023 1st rounders etc. then pass, Habs can sign PLD in two years having kept all of their assets and then the team can tweet a picture of PLD as a kid in his Canadiens PJs.

Reactions: Sterling Archer

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
Definitely expect us to sign a top-4 D. Subban would be funny, or Chiarot I'd welcome back for a year or two.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Dorion killing it this off-season. Would be a great signing for the young core they have if no massive overpayment.

Their next move after Giroux? Trade for Chychrun. Team starts to look much, much better. Looks like the owners after EM passed away are willing to spend

Sens will be a thorn on our side in the years to come.

Definitely expect us to sign a top-4 D. Subban would be funny, or Chiarot I'd welcome back for a year or two.

We likely only have room for a $2M or under D man. Depends on a lot... Petry trade, Dubois trade, and do we move one of Hoffman, Drouin, Armia, Dadonov, Byron?

Dach has to be signed. Probably bridged around $2.5M or under.

Reactions: Takeru

WG

Sep 9, 2008
I couldn’t picture Malkin in another jersey.

Penguins will be declining soon and these contracts are going to age real bad.
In an era where very, very few players stay with one team, the notion of Letang and Malkin as career Penguins is positive. There will be a reckoning someday, as these HOF players age out and the Pens pipeline is dry, but Pens fans can enjoy tanking in 5 years while they look at the Cup banners in the rafters.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
The crazy thing is that Petry and Burns have almost the exact same stats over the last 3 seasons, and both have 3 years left on their contracts. Burns does get paid more and is 3 years older however.

Jeff Petry (34 years old, 6.25 million cap hit for 3 more seasons)

194 GP- 29 Goals, 109 Points (0.56 points/game)

Brett Burns (37 years old, 8 million cap hit for 3 more seasons)

208 GP- 29 Goals, 128Points (0.61points/game)

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
UFA predictions
Subban - Toronto
Giroux - Ottawa
Kessel - CGY
Gaudreau - NJ/NYI
Radulov - Vegas
Palat - Calgary
Trochek - Colorado
Kuemper - NJ or BUF
Klingberg - Seattle or NJ
Kadri - NYR or Seattle
Manson - Carolina
Chariot - STL
Perron - NJ or Edmonton
Copp - Buffalo or Seattle

Habs
Trades Petry for barely nothing to get rid of the money
Habs waste money on Kulak
Habs waste money on Colin White (LMFAO)
Dubois never happens
Anderson traded but later on the summer.

Conclusion : Ill probably whine as usual when I wake up to the disaster.
Why acquire Colin white without trading Dvorak?

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Hopefully Dubois gets traded to NYR and signs for 8 years so I don't have to hear this shit anymore.

Also 5x5 for Campbell is atrocious.
Or he can get traded here, sign for 8 years and then we really don’t have to hear the end of it….except of course for the crowd that will initially hate the trade and let us know about it for the next 8 years.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Hopefully Dubois gets traded to NYR and signs for 8 years so I don't have to hear this shit anymore.

Also 5x5 for Campbell is atrocious.
Yes pretty please. Lock him away...
and
insiders were saying Campbell wanted 6$ per year a few days ago, so that's kind of a win...

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
UFA predictions
Subban - Toronto
Giroux - Ottawa
Kessel - CGY
Gaudreau - NJ/NYI
Radulov - Vegas
Palat - Calgary
Trochek - Colorado
Kuemper - NJ or BUF
Klingberg - Seattle or NJ
Kadri - NYR or Seattle
Manson - Carolina
Chariot - STL
Perron - NJ or Edmonton
Copp - Buffalo or Seattle

Habs
Trades Petry for barely nothing to get rid of the money
Habs waste money on Kulak
Habs waste money on Colin White (LMFAO)
Dubois never happens
Anderson traded but later on the summer.

Conclusion : Ill probably whine as usual when I wake up to the disaster.

Hughes has been doing pretty well with his moves.

He may have to do a move like trade Petry for little to get under the cap. But that would be out of necessity because if the cap problems he inherited.

He's publicly said the offers for Petry aren't enough. So he's doing his best to try to get something substantial up until he just literally can't wait anymore due to cap compliance deadlines...

And if he doesn't land a Dubois, it's because he chose to hang on to a Guhle or some other asset the Jets are saying to him: give it up or we're going elsewhere.

ReginaHabs

Jan 7, 2021
Has anyone actually been able to confirm that Petry’s signing bonus was paid today rather than July 1st?

Boris Le Tigre

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Jan 9, 2007
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
I also don’t want Dubois anywhere near this group. He quit on CBJ and some of those shifts when he wanted out were very selfish.

We will get hosed in any trade for this guy and the media here will make him pee in his pants the minute he goes pointless in 5 games.

Reactions: Kent Nilsson

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
We all would love to get Bedard but winning back to back lotteries is rare and this Habs roster will be better than last year. Lots of factors involved...

* MSL for a full season
* Price plays more than 5 games
* We likely don't have as many injuries. Almost broke records last year
* Long off season for players to train and rebound.
* Better energy heading into the season with less expectations.

If you follow Gorton and Hughes narratives, the plan is not to tank. Fans want it but I see a pick from 8-12 range. Not impossible for us to have a top 5 pick but I think this roster with rising youth gains momentum.

Habs fan base is getting emotionally attached to Bedard. I'd love it but we are just not in the same situation as the Coyotes. Last season was a disaster not a good team but still a disaster that lead to us finishing last. They were deflated by the KK offer sheet, Price/Weber injury, and Danault walking.

RationalExpecations ;)

Getting to 8-12 with our Defense is not a rational expectation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad