Free Agency and Trade Thread - Playoff Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Igor Eronko‏Verified account @IgorEronko
FollowFollow @IgorEronko
More
Hearing #TMLtalk is among the few remaining teams closing in on Ilya Mikheyev, 24yo speedy versatile RW. No agreement in place yet

Darren Dreger‏Verified account @DarrenDreger 4m4 minutes ago
More
Darren Dreger Retweeted Igor Eronko
Accurate. Leafs have been chasing this guy for awhile. As @IgorEronko has previously reported, Vegas in the mix and I believe, Chicago as well. Majority of NHL teams have shown interest. Decision this weekend.

Ilya Mikheyev at eliteprospects.com

• Date of Birth Oct 10, 1994
  • Position RW
  • Height 6'2" / 189 cm
  • Weight 194 lbs / 88 kg
  • Shoots L
Ilya Mikheyev

November 2018 – Mikheyev is arguably the best free agent in Europe this season. His KHL contract expires in the spring, and there should be plenty of NHL interest at that point. The 24-year-old winger is a dual threat because he can both make plays and finish them. He has good acceleration and good top speed. His hockey sense is very good as well. He does a good job using his size to protect the puck and win puck-battles along the boards. He can also throw the occasional hit but isn’t known for that style of play. Defensively, he uses his hockey smarts for good defensive reads. He’s a good back-checker, and a capable penalty-killer as well. Mikheyev’s counting stats in the KHL may not look all that impressive but he plays for a low-scoring team, and he’s arguably the best offensive player on the Omsk roster. Jokke Nevalainen

Reactions: TML Dynasty

OTC

Jul 11, 2018
Also need to evaluate long term if it makes sense for us to do it. Late 20's, lots of miles on his body and the style he plays. Plus our LHD below him features Dermott and Sandin that are going to be ready sooner rather then later.

I'm not saying I am opposed to keeping Muzzin around either, I love him. Just saying organizationally we have some strength at LD.

That is why I also asked on here a few days back what kind of RHD we could get in return for Dermott in a trade. All the equivalent ones are likely unavailable, I came up with Cernak, Carlo or Joker from Chicago.

Basically I think all options are on the table but we should consider parlaying some of that depth at LD towards fixing the RD.
Kadri for Joker

TML Dynasty

May 2, 2016
The optimal trade would be a RD who plays smart D first....on an ELC....who can handle tough assignments....and play alongside Mo.

It’s nice to dream.

Alternately, I could see him moved for an ELC crash and bang LW who be be AM’s Hyman.
I wanna see if Moore could fill that role! (AM's Hyman I mean)

Last edited:

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
Penguins GM Jim Rutherford: Trade involving defenseman is likely this summer
“It’s good to be in the position we’re in,” Rutherford told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette on Monday afternoon. “We’re in a stronger position now than we were a year ago or maybe even a couple years ago."

“But it will be difficult to keep all of our defensemen and keep them happy. I’m sure with the amount of teams who are looking for defensemen, we’ll have to move at least one.”

The most realistic scenario probably has 24-year-old Olli Maatta working elsewhere next season.
Moving Maatta would also ease the logjam on the left side, with Brian Dumoulin, Jack Johnson and Pettersson occupying those three spots. Assuming he makes no other moves, Rutherford would then have Kris Letang, Justin Schultz and Erik Gudbranson on the right.

If Maatta goes, that would free up $4,083,333 per season through 2022 — money that may be necessary for a potential contract extension for Matt Murray or to address needs with the Penguins’ forwards.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Sergei Andronov Drawing NHL Interest

About this time every year, rumors start to pop up regarding the top KHL players who could have NHL suitors in a few months. Today, it was reported that Toronto Maple Leafs GM Kyle Dubas is in Russia to scout some of their own players and potentially meet upcoming free agents. One of those pending free agents is Sergei Andronov, who Darren Dreger of TSN reports is a “player of interest” for the Maple Leafs and “several” other NHL clubs. Dreger notes that Andronov could command a salary of somewhere between $1.5-2.0MM next season.
If you’re a St. Louis Blues fan scratching your head wondering where you’ve heard the name Andronov before, it’s because he was a third-round pick of the team back in 2009. He even came to North America and signed an AHL contract in 2012 to play in the minor leagues, before earning a one-year entry-level contract with the Blues. Unfortunately, that would be the end of his affiliation with that organization as he would return to the KHL and CSKA Moscow in 2014, where he has remained ever since.
Andronov doesn’t bring a ton of offensive upside, but is an elite faceoff man and a capable defensive center. It makes sense that he would be drawing interest as a fourth-line and penalty killing option for an NHL team, though they’ll have to convince him to leave one of the most stable organizations in the KHL. Andronov recently suited up for Russia at the Olympics and World Championships, and will be a name to watch over the next few months. Though his contract only officially runs through the end of April, Dreger notes that Andronov will only be making the (potential) move for the 2019-20 season.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
lmao why?

I would assume it has something to do with this

Andronov doesn’t bring a ton of offensive upside, but is an elite faceoff man and a capable defensive center. It makes sense that he would be drawing interest as a fourth-line and penalty killing option for an NHL team, though they’ll have to convince him to leave one of the most stable organizations in the KHL. Andronov recently suited up for Russia at the Olympics and World Championships, and will be a name to watch over the next few months.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
I wonder if Calgary stinking up the joint could open up the possibility of a Nylander for Hanifin type deal...

Though with Sandin being the Orgs top prospect and Muzzin and Rielly already on the Left is there room for him?

Last edited:

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Maybe.

Though I think they’ll sell Subban for futures and bring in Kessel.

Good trade for Preds. Letang was burned on numerous occasions by the Isles and they have Shultz, Dumolin, Johnson and Matta. Not sure how much interest they'd have in Subban but if they want to move off Kessel, that trade make a whole lot of sense.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Though with Sandin being the Orgs top prospect and Muzzin and Arielle already on the LW, is there room for him?

Well, we will most likely lose Gardiner this summer and then maybe Muzzin next summer. So Rielly, Hanifin and Dermott would be a strong LHD foundation before adding Sandin. But yeah, a RHD would be preferable.

Reactions: Menzinger
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad