Free Agency and Trade Thread - Playoff Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
I would trade Matthews for Eichel if it's one for one, despite the slight downgrade in talent since he's locked in for 2 more years at a better number.

Reactions: JustAShadow

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Was hoping the canes missed out so that they need some changes.

Now with the current landscape. Not sure who would be willing to trade D that could take some salary?

Minny might be the best bet for spurgeon?

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
Would the rangers be willing to trade Brendan Lemieux? If yes, what do you think it would cost us?​

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Would the rangers be willing to trade Brendan Lemieux? If yes, what do you think it would cost us?​

No. Why does this team need more bottom 6 forwards? That's the one position they can't spend any more external capital on

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
No. Why does this team need more bottom 6 forwards? That's the one position they can't spend any more external capital on
We can move out a guy like Brown. He brings a physical element that our team clearly lacks

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
You CAN'T BE SERIOUS? :shakehead
Matthews is a better player but when you put in terms and AVV, Eichel is on a better contract esp since the Oilers is not the most attractive place for hockey players to begin with.
To Oilers Eichel is more attractive bc it means they have 6 yrs to rebuild the team instead of 4 yrs with Matthews.(before they hitting UFA and leave for nothing)
But I still think Marner and Kadri is by far the most attractive deal for Edmonton.

Reactions: Americanadian

Xanner

Aug 2, 2009

Maybe a 4th at most a 3rd, i would love to see him as a leaf. Put him on the 4th line with the goat and moore.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Matthews is a better player but when you put in terms and AVV, Eichel is on a better contract esp since the Oilers is not the most attractive place for hockey players to begin with.
To Oilers Eichel is more attractive bc it means they have 6 yrs to rebuild the team instead of 4 yrs with Matthews.(before they hitting UFA and leave for nothing)
But I still think Marner and Kadri is by far the most attractive deal for Edmonton.

... Wha?

Reactions: Al14 and cookie

Americanadian

Sep 11, 2016
Michigan

You’re going to get a lot of flack for saying it but that’s a good point about the two extra years.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Matthews over Eichel and its not close, even when you factor in the contract.

Leafs fans are the worst.

Reactions: Dragao6

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
Simmonds on a Maroon type deal.
2mx1year.
A pure show me deal as he is strugggggling in Nashville. 2 points in like 16 games.
Only 29 points over the full season.

Jamie McGinn on a 1 year show me deal. 2.25m x 1 year.

Move out Marleau if you can.

Hyman Tavares Marner
AJ Matthew's Nyalnder
Simmonds Kadri Kapanen
Moore Gauthier McGinn

horner

May 22, 2007
Exactly what we need .
I said a while back would love to grab this kid.

Bertuzzi from Detroit would be a good one as well.

Tucker type of players
Character grit sandpaper skill

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
2mx1year.
A pure show me deal as he is strugggggling in Nashville. 2 points in like 16 games.

Hyman Tavares Marner
AJ Matthew's Nyalnder
Simmonds Kadri Kapanen
Moore Gauthier McGinn

Would rather sign Winnik and another player like him on a 750k deal and see if they can provide the vet presence along with some depth scoring, worst case they can be bury with the Marlies.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
2mx1year.

Hyman Tavares Marner
AJ Matthew's Nyalnder
Simmonds Kadri Kapanen
Moore Gauthier McGinn

Simmonds is getting old... No thanks. Would rather just see Marchment or Engvall or somebody push for a spot and get Moore up to that 3rd line.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
2mx1year.

Hyman Tavares Marner
AJ Matthew's Nyalnder
Simmonds Kadri Kapanen
Moore Gauthier McGinn
Simmons isn't the answer, he's on the decline, need to find a young player that brings that type of game. Oh and by the way Simmons will get paid, some team will give him too much money and too much term, of this I am sure.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Exactly what we need .
I said a while back would love to grab this kid.

Bertuzzi from Detroit would be a good one as well.

Tucker type of players
Character grit sandpaper skill
This will be abundantly clear in about 2 weeks when the Bruins walk all over the Leafs, Dubas doesn't by into the team needing physicality, he might change his mind if the Leafs are "rag dolled?"

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I did an armchair GM for the off-season

Re-signings
Marner 10M x8 years (2nd highest paid RW in the league)
Johnsson 2.5M x2 years
Kapanen 3M x 3 years
Hutchinson 875k x 1 year
Ennis 900k x 1 year

Sign
Michael Ferland 4M x4 years (more term then i'd like but it is what it is)
Nic Dowd 900k x 1 year
Anton Stralman 3.85m x 2 years
Adam McQuaid 2.5M x 1 year

Trades

Sparks to Calgary for a 2020 5th
Brown for Kassian
Kadri and Zaitsev for Faksa and Comeau
Marleau and a 4th to Ottawa for a nothing prospect and he retires
Nylander for Pesce and BUF 2nd (although given previous feedback, I may need to figure out something else to fix D)

Hyman-Tavares-Marner
Ferland-Matthews-Kapanen
Johnsson-Faksa-Comeau
Moore-Dowd-Kassian
Gauthier-Ennis

Rielly-Pesce
Muzzin-Stralman
Dermott-McQuaid

Andersen
Hutchinson

Probably too much movement for a single off-season.

Last edited:

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
I agree that the team could use a bit more pushback, but I don’t see why the existing personnel can’t do more of it.
Kadri, and Hyman initiate checks and finish them....but why can’t more guys....Johnsson, Kap, Gauthier, Brown, Auston.
Can’t see Willy moved this off-season. The optics, perceived value.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Simmonds is done, stick a fork in him. There's one thing worse than a soft player: a once hard-nosed player who can't play and isn't really all that hard-nosed any longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->