GDT: Free Agency 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 23124

Uncle Larry: Sounds like $12m per is magic # for Panarin. Trouba is going to come in at close to $8m. NYR have about $18.4 of space and don’t have Buchnevich, Lemieux, DeAngelo signed yet. Cap space presumes Smith in AHL.
$12M is McDavid money (or close to it)....Unless we're actually getting McDavid -- No thanks.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Do they? 27 forwards scored 80+ points this year. Seguin, Kessel, Wheeler, Panarin were the only ones who have ever been traded. Wheeler was not what he is now when he was traded, Kessel has defensive issues and has had issues with managements which leads you just Seguin (before he was established), and Panarin.

Well, hopefully, we just drafted two of them in the 1st round the past two drafts.

Reactions: Leetch3 and Trxjw

Jaromir Jagr

Apr 4, 2015
Long Island, NY
Do they? 27 forwards scored 80+ points this year. Seguin, Kessel, Wheeler, Panarin were the only ones who have ever been traded. Wheeler was not what he is now when he was traded, Kessel has defensive issues and has had issues with managements which leads you just Seguin (before he was established), and Panarin.

Well, when you look at a micro-sample like that, sure it might fit your argument. I was more so referring to elite players. Kessel was literally just traded...again. EK. Stone. Hall. This will be Panarin's third team in four years.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
being okay with 10.5 but not 12 just makes no sense to me. it’s an elite player. unless you really don’t want him in the first place (which is fine) that 1.5 mill is meaningless.

you have to draw the line somewhere...10.5 - 12 is just a meaningless 1.5 mil...then why not go to 13.5 mil since 12-13.5 is just another meaningless 1.5 mil?

Reactions: ncmike

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Well, when you look at a micro-sample like that, sure it might fit your argument. I was more so referring to elite players. Kessel was literally just traded...again. EK. Stone. Hall. This will be Panarin's third team in four years.

I mean do the "elite players" score under 80 points? I can drop down to 70 it's more of the same. Guys like Lindhom/Teravainen were there and traded but well before they were that kind of player.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
The Rangers were being the Rangers for most of the last 15 years. Besides riding Lundqvist, they never drafted very high, several first round busts, no cups, several bad buried signings?

If the barometer for anything good/bad the Rangers do for the rest of the 21st century is what happened from y2k to the 05 lockout, then yeah...they were way less stupid, but..

This is the first year they ever really tried to build.

But they also home-grew a lot of players during that time also.

Lone Ranger

Jan 31, 2009
New York
I'm all for signing Panarin, but can you imagine how annoyed Zbad will be, if he ends up outscoring the Breadman when he's making half his salary?

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
But they also home-grew a lot of players during that time also.

I really don't think thats going to be any different this time around.

We have a deeper and just all around more talented crop now too.

The one plus to signing Panarin is that it more or less means that we're moving Kreider who should have pretty strong value. That deep and talented crop would get even better.

Reactions: will1066

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
I’m hesitant to go 12 million for Panarin but it can be done if they make other smart moves.

Kakko and Kravtsov will still have one year on their ELC when Staal, Shatty, Hank and Smith come off the books. And you assume the cap will continue to go up during that span as well, with Seattle coming in.

Obviously everything changes if someone like Chytil breaks out and expects a big contract in two years.

But the situation I think is extremely workable. There’s obvious potential for their to be cap hell, but Gorton is smart and I believe he could navigate it.

Also maybe they just buy him out via compliance buyout in two years ala Richards lol

Reactions: Wicked Backhand

NernieBichols

Aug 8, 2011
you have to draw the line somewhere...10.5 - 12 is just a meaningless 1.5 mil...then why not go to 13.5 mil since 12-13.5 is just another meaningless 1.5 mil?
bc that is 3million over your preferred offer and not 1.5 million.

Just come out and say and leave it as I don’t want to risk signing a guy to that big of a contract. Just say that and leave it as that instead of spending so much energy thinking of arguments and reasoning instead of just being blunt about it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad