Post-Game Talk: Freddie shuts the door on Panthers. Leafs win 1-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
With less capable management we could have easily ended up with Talbot or Lehner. *Shudders.*

GodEmperor

Oct 12, 2017
Holy **** is Edmonton useless this year. Poor McDavid.

Man watching their PP makes me realize how good we have it, they can't even get control on a 6 on 4, SAD!

McDavid should just request a trade to Torona, he's a good ol boy and he needs to be with his bff Mats

Leaf4Life

Feb 8, 2010
Another first overall pick coming for the Loilers?

That team this the joke of the league haha

Beaninfritz

Aug 27, 2009

I'll never forget that look on his face during the draft lottery. When they announced Edmonton won, he tried his best to make it look like he just fidgeted with his watch. But the heart breaking sadness in his eyes was there for the hockey world to see. I honestly just want to give the guy a hug. Better yet, how about once the playoffs start, we give him a Polak bodysuit, and have him play D. Or give him a Jake Gardiner chin. Whichever works best. The guy deserves a chance to win a cup.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
I'll never forget that look on his face during the draft lottery. When they announced Edmonton won, he tried his best to make it look like he just fidgeted with his watch. But the heart breaking sadness in his eyes was there for the hockey world to see. I honestly just want to give the guy a hug. Better yet, how about once the playoffs start, we give him a Polak bodysuit, and have him play D. Or give him a Jake Gardiner chin. Whichever works best. The guy deserves a chance to win a cup.
Don't care what anyone says, he was wishing with every fiber of his being Toronto won that lottery.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008

Sorry, Matthews deserves the chance to win the Cup first...McDavid is an Oil now, signed for 8 years...he's not a Leaf.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
there's a fair chance we have more points now than Edmonton finishes with. what a pathetic organization. Can't say the fanbase doesn't deserve to suffer a bit, even if there are some good ones

Beaninfritz

Aug 27, 2009
there's a fair chance we have more points now than Edmonton finishes with. what a pathetic organization. Can't say the fanbase doesn't deserve to suffer a bit, even if there are some good ones

I wouldn't want any fan to suffer like that. If you're a long-time Leafs fan, you know how damn painful it can get. They finished how damn low in the standings for how many years? Even after drafting a bunch of 1st overalls, the organization still crapped the bed. They just keep making one horrid mistake after the next. Need a head coach? Hire the Marlies coach! Need a #1 goalie? BEN FREAKING SCRIVENS!

I'm just as sour as the next guy about how Edmonton got four 1st overalls in 7 seasons, AND, drafted McJesus. But implying that the fans deserve to suffer, just because management makes one horrid decision after another? That's just flat out wrong. No fan deserves to suffer...... except for those in Montreal....

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I wouldn't want any fan to suffer like that. If you're a long-time Leafs fan, you know how damn painful it can get. They finished how damn low in the standings for how many years? Even after drafting a bunch of 1st overalls, the organization still crapped the bed. They just keep making one horrid mistake after the next. Need a head coach? Hire the Marlies coach! Need a #1 goalie? BEN FREAKING SCRIVENS!

I'm just as sour as the next guy about how Edmonton got four 1st overalls in 7 seasons, AND, drafted McJesus. But implying that the fans deserve to suffer, just because management makes one horrid decision after another? That's just flat out wrong. No fan deserves to suffer.
it's more because of how a good portion of their fans act on hfboards, especially during the offseason

8816 others

Dec 3, 2012
Bowen Island, BC
Last week the morning guys on Vancouver's 1040 radio were discussing Luongo. They discussed the bad contract when he was with the Canucks and how the Leafs had interest in trading for him. One of them thought how much better the Leafs would be right now if they had mad that trade because Luongo is better than Andersen.
ZpmbTz

O9KN1.gif

They also suggested that Nonis put the trade offer out for Luongo, without any intention of going through with it, as a screw you to the Canucks organization for firing him.

Andersen is underrated for sure.

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
You guys think anyone not komarov scores on that chance? This guy is a blackhole on huge scoring chances. Like omg lol.

On this particular scoring chance gotta give credit to Luongo. That was a sick reach to save it. Nothing to do with Leo's lack of hands.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Missed the last 5 minutes - how'd they close it out? Did Florida really press or did the Leaf contain them well?

From what I saw the rest of the game that's nearly the type of defensive game I'd like to see from the team. The Panthers had some chances but Andy was there. And Andy did his job tonight. Also figured the Leafs were unlucky with their scoring chances. Could have been 3 or 4 on the board tonight.

Good win though. Don't give Florida any ideas about hunting down a divisional spot.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Not that anyone expected anything different, but Babcock essentially confirmed that Kapanen and Dermott are full time NHLers now.

Said playing in the AHL won’t help either anymore, both need to keep getting NHL minutes

Reactions: BertCorbeau

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Last week the morning guys on Vancouver's 1040 radio were discussing Luongo. They discussed the bad contract when he was with the Canucks and how the Leafs had interest in trading for him. One of them thought how much better the Leafs would be right now if they had mad that trade because Luongo is better than Andersen.
ZpmbTz

O9KN1.gif

They also suggested that Nonis put the trade offer out for Luongo, without any intention of going through with it, as a screw you to the Canucks organization for firing him.

Andersen is underrated for sure.

We don't have Matthews if we made that trade, probably not Marner either.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Not that anyone expected anything different, but Babcock essentially confirmed that Kapanen and Dermott are full time NHLers now.

Said playing in the AHL won’t help either anymore, both need to keep getting NHL minutes

It was pretty evident with Dermott after Babcock has said he would rotate with Carrick and Borgman .. But shortly after Zaitsev and Rielly's return, Borgman was demoted.

That's great to hear about Kappy .. He's earned it. And what's more interesting is that I believe he's stolen Martin's spot. Because at that point it comes down to Komarov/Martin for that last winger spot at the moment... And we know Babs' uses Komarov in many more situations.

It only reinforces that Martin may be dealt by Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad