Post-Game Talk: Freddie shuts the door on Panthers. Leafs win 1-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

bax

Mar 4, 2011
Canada
whats with the complaining about having Matthews out there in the dying minute of a close game? I personally wouldnt prefer anyone else. Theres a chance of anyone being hurt at any given time. Would you people complain if Matthews was hurt blocking a shot with 10 minutes left too? The kids a winner, if he has the opportunity to block a shot, hes going to take it

Agreed 100% with your post.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
If you’re not willing to do what the rest of your teammates are willing to do, no one will take you seriously and no one will listen to you. So yeah, unless you’ve played team sports you don’t truly understand it, at least this portion of it
this completely contradicts what you're arguing.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
That word. I don’t think it means what you think it means
You said that 'if none of your teammates are willing to do what the rest of your teammates are willing to do, no one will take you seriously and no one will listen to you'. By this logic, you should be ok with Matthews billing a shot. However you are not ok with that and blame Babcock. Easy to blame the coach eh?

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I don't get why players block shots from that far out anyway. What is the goalie for?

Because the goalie might get screened, the puck could go in or the goalie could give up a rebound you can bang in

Matthews is a competitive kid, if he's on the ice and he can put himself between the puck and the net he's going to do it, that's what hockey players do

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
You said that 'if none of your teammates are willing to do what the rest of your teammates are willing to do, no one will take you seriously and no one will listen to you'. By this logic, you should be ok with Matthews billing a shot. However you are not ok with that and blame Babcock. Easy to blame the coach eh?

When did I say that I’m not okay with Matthews blocking a shot? When did I blame Babcock? You’re even more clueless than I thought

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
and you should not contradict yourself when arguing with someone. you're arguing against yourself, makes the other person do less of the work

You don’t know what contradiction or implication means. This is your major problem in this discussion and you should probably stop using those words until you know what they mean

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
You don’t know what contradiction or implication means. This is your major problem in this discussion and you should probably stop using those words until you know what they mean
i used the word contradiction once and i used it correctly. you're just talking out of your ass right now. making excuses left and right that don't even relate to the arguement

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto
i used the word contradiction once and i used it correctly. you're just talking out of your ass right now. making excuses left and right that don't even relate to the arguement
They didn't contradict themselves. They said if you [Auston Matthews] are unwilling to do what your teammates [Polak, Komarov, Hainsey, Hyman, Brown, Moore - anyone entrusted with protecting a lead in the final minute] are willing to do, then you will not win your teammates' favour. Where's the contradiction?

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
They didn't contradict themselves. They said if you [Auston Matthews] are unwilling to do what your teammates [Polak, Komarov, Hainsey, Hyman, Brown, Moore - anyone entrusted with protecting a lead in the final minute] are willing to do, then you will not win your teammates' favour. Where's the contradiction?
he said he didn't want matthews blocking a shot

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
21 point cushion.

Beat Florida 1-0, playoff odds up 0.03 to 99.98%

I think I can relax now.

Me as well.

The Panthers now face the Caps and Pens, and then the Leafs again over their next 3. Tough few games. The Leafs could put a stamp on it next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad