Post-Game Talk: Freddie shuts the door on Panthers. Leafs win 1-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto
How does saying something mean he wants it?
I mean, I shouldn't speak for someone else's intention, but it seemed to be mentioned in a pretty positive manner - there was certainly nothing there that should lead anyone to believe they didn't want Matthews to do it. They later cemented this by talking about how players sacrificing themselves for the betterment of their team is traditionally well-received by teammates.

When someone calls a player their future Captain, and then speaks of a play as the kind of thing that will make teammates view him as their Captain as well, you can usually connect the dots.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
I mean, I shouldn't speak for someone else's intention, but it seemed to be mentioned in a pretty positive manner - there was certainly nothing there that should lead anyone to believe they didn't want Matthews to do it. They later cemented this by talking about how players sacrificing themselves for the betterment of their team is traditionally well-received by teammates.

When someone calls a player their future Captain, and then speaks of a play as the kind of thing that will make teammates view him as their Captain as well, you can usually connect the dots.
He said he didn't want Matthews to block a shot. That's what this whole argument was about.

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto
He said he didn't want Matthews to block a shot. That's what this whole argument was about.
I don't believe they did.

I believe you were arguing with someone else who said that Babcock was responsible for the situation, as he was the one who deployed Matthews in that situation, and you are now confusing Muston Atthews (who seems to fully appreciate shot-blocking, as far as I can tell) with that poster.

Reactions: bax

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
I don't believe they did.

I believe you were arguing with someone else who said that Babcock was responsible for the situation, as he was the one who deployed Matthews in that situation, and you are now confusing Muston Atthews (who seems to fully appreciate shot-blocking, as far as I can tell) with that poster.
Yah possibly. When you quoted him I didn't feel like you quoted the right guy, which makes sense now.

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario

Thank you for having the time to explain this to him lol

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I stand by what I said about not wanting Matthews blocking shots, I don't and you all can support it all you want, lets see how many of you support it if next time the puck goes off his skate the wrong way and he breaks his foot and is out for 6 weeks.

I bet everybody is singing a different tune then I don't want that to happen to him, because if that does appen to him, we are f***ed.

Let Komarov or Moore, or somebody that doesn't matter do it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad