Player Discussion Frank Vatrano

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
None of that is true. He averages about 3 a game and wins about 40% of them. Matt Beleskey is a winger only. The most he ever gets regularly used for face offs is when the 2nd PP unit is Pastrnak-Beleskey-Marchand Czarnik-Liles. That setup has no real center on it.

All centers on the first unit, no centers on the 2nd ... it's a bold strategy.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Where's Hayes?

Played his way out of the lineup and into the role of spare part/bench warmer. It looks like nothing can get this guy going, not even a shootout winning goal, or a goal that saw the rest of his team collectively rally to his cause. I don't know what happened to this guy, but he is not the same player he was in Florida or even last year.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Practicing in a non contact jersey, said he should return by Christmas.

They have 10 games from now until Christmas.

I am going to say he returns on the 18th in a matinee against the Kings.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/...o_joins_bruins_for_first_practice_this_season

Vatrano skated under the protection of a non-contact red jersey as the Bruins prepared for tomorrow night’s match on the road against the Washington Capitals.

“Anytime a guy joins a team for practice, even with the red jersey and not contact and very light, it is a step in the right direction and that is the best way for him right now to get up to the pace of our game," said Bruins coach Claude Julien. "It’s going to take a while. When you've been out that long, the more time he can spend with us working on his game and finding his rhythm the better he is going to be.”

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/...o_joins_bruins_for_first_practice_this_season

Vatrano skated under the protection of a non-contact red jersey as the Bruins prepared for tomorrow night’s match on the road against the Washington Capitals.

“Anytime a guy joins a team for practice, even with the red jersey and not contact and very light, it is a step in the right direction and that is the best way for him right now to get up to the pace of our game," said Bruins coach Claude Julien. "It’s going to take a while. When you've been out that long, the more time he can spend with us working on his game and finding his rhythm the better he is going to be.â€

Sounds like a stint in Providence is likely.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Sounds like a stint in Providence is likely.

and wise

also my opinion that some need to temper expectations. While I like the kid alot in what I saw last year, no way I`m putting expectations on him. It`ll be, IMO, a month before he`s close to being up to speed of the NHL game

SpeedyLazaro

Sponsor
Sep 30, 2008
Boston
Why is this kid being talked about like he's top 6 NHL talent?

it's cool that he has promise, but he's not going to fix our lack of finish

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

Because he has top 6 TALENT. Is it guaranteed that that talent turns into results this year? Or any year? No. But, his style of play would just fit in so perfectly with Krejci and Backes. His primary skill set (finishing) also happens to be what the Bruins lack the most. There is nothing wrong with being hopeful and excited. I hope that if there is one thing people have learned from Brandon Carlo, it's that in a high parity league, adding one guy to let others properly slot can change everything about a team. Should anyone expect Vatrano to come in to do that with the forward group? No. Can we be hopeful and excited? Why the hell not?

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Divver tweeted he was with the Providence squad today practicing. Expected to tomorrow as well. Accari may play for the P Bruins tomorrow.
Feel free to attach link. I apologize as I am at work and cant on my phone.

Last edited by a moderator:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

Maybe it's just me but if you just swap Hayes & Vatrano you probably pick up 5 goals that depending on where they were scored result in points

44 goals as a 21 year old between AHL & NHL is pretty good

He back checks hard and is a more complete player than Hayes

To use a baseball term 'he lengthens the lineup'

I'm a fan especially the way he busted his ass in all 3 zones in Providence and wasn't some diva racking up power play points

Top 9 is good enough for me

Brewins

Apr 23, 2015
Maybe it's just me but if you just swap Hayes & Vatrano you probably pick up 5 goals that depending on where they were scored result in points

44 goals as a 21 year old between AHL & NHL is pretty good

He back checks hard and is a more complete player than Hayes

To use a baseball term 'he lengthens the lineup'

I'm a fan especially the way he busted his ass in all 3 zones in Providence and wasn't some diva racking up power play points

Top 9 is good enough for me

His hustle alone is better than hayes, seems to be on time more with his plays( hits, shots etc). He's the mass native we need. Also pure shooter mentality is something we are lacking in.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Divver tweeted he was with the Providence squad today practicing. Expected to tomorrow as well. Accari may play for the P Bruins tomorrow.
Feel free to attach link. I apologize as I am at work and cant on my phone.

Thank you!

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
His hustle alone is better than hayes, seems to be on time more with his plays( hits, shots etc). He's the mass native we need. Also pure shooter mentality is something we are lacking in.

Yes - he's what you said a shooter and has an insane release

This 'should' be a decent upgrade

Brewins

Apr 23, 2015
Yes - he's what you said a shooter and has an insane release

This 'should' be a decent upgrade

He may not be top 6 material completely yet, or ever, but he has that ingredient missing from DK's line, got the playmaker and banger, just missing the shooter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad