Player Discussion Frank Vatrano

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinsNeedaRussian

Nov 21, 2009
Screw GCL for blacking out this game when no major network in my current location is playing it. Really wanted to see him play. How did the goal look?

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
Screw GCL for blacking out this game when no major network in my current location is playing it. Really wanted to see him play. How did the goal look?

Sweet little wrister from almost out at the blue line/center.

If you google it you might just find a twitter of it being called by Edwards.

BigBadBruins63*

Dafoomie, thank you for the quick youtube video, and all videos. Great stuff from you, and i missed the Vatrano goal. Sure enough, you had it up already. :clap:

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
By this 1 game he definitely should stay and get minutes, he can actually make an impact and help us and will get better every month.

Great game by him, we have some snipers on the roster.

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
Poor kid was 20 minutes of composure away from a near legendary game.

Wish we could have brought this one home.

Yes, just because I think it would have been entertaining.

Bruins78

Apr 12, 2007
Even if you wipe out the goal he looked much more natural then Koko . Loved the give n go with Krecji and then the break in pass to Krejci which was perfect but it looked like David short strided as he was running low on room. Koko, if not trade bait, should be fodder for Spooner's spot who has been invisbible of late and just doesn't fit our mold unless coaching/philosphy changes. Showed some physicality, skating looked solid/good, hopefully this kid continues to be motivated in terms of conditioning/training in future off seasons because skating is the name of the game and it seems like his weight loss has had a huge impact on his outlook as the finish/shot is as advertised (but that coud just make him Mark Fraser without other abilities). I understand he was a borderline US NTD talent and a BC recruit but even 18 goals at UMass Lowell in which should have been his Jr year wasn't all that compelling to me until I heard his skating/conditioning improved and saw his start in Providence.

indy

Oct 18, 2015
Frankie better than Koko.

He did in one game what Koko has failed to do in 6.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
If he looks good I consider very much him staying up and playing with Krejci. While not the same size as before Vatrano, Krejci, Loui very much rebuild the style of setup that Krejci had between Lucic and Horton with Loui replacing Lucic down in close with must better hands and Vatrano being the shooter that was Horton. While I still love Pastrnak he hasn't lit the world on fire with Krejci and moving him down in the line up a bit can only help a young player who is struggling at times. Move him down and let Pastrnak play against some lesser competition, get more offensive zone stars and play alongside Spooner again. Move Hayes down to the 4th line with Kemp who he has had success with and put Rinaldo on the left side who is a less skilled version of Beleskey. This also would give the Bruins and extremely strong forward setup. The height of the Bruins was 4 really good lines and this gets us back to it.

Loui/Vatrano-Krejci-Loui/Vatrano
Marchand-Bergeron-Connolly
Belesky-Spooner-Pastrnak
Rinaldo-Kemp-Hayes

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
Hopefully he showed Claude he is up to NHL speed and has earnt himself some more ice time against Isles. Hoping he can get a bit more space and time on ice to rip that shot.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Looked good to me. Hopefully he gets the minutes to so we (and the Bruins) can get a good look at what he can do.

Time to develop some young offensive talent, I think...

BigBadBruins63*

If he looks good I consider very much him staying up and playing with Krejci. While not the same size as before Vatrano, Krejci, Loui very much rebuild the style of setup that Krejci had between Lucic and Horton with Loui replacing Lucic down in close with must better hands and Vatrano being the shooter that was Horton. While I still love Pastrnak he hasn't lit the world on fire with Krejci and moving him down in the line up a bit can only help a young player who is struggling at times. Move him down and let Pastrnak play against some lesser competition, get more offensive zone stars and play alongside Spooner again. Move Hayes down to the 4th line with Kemp who he has had success with and put Rinaldo on the left side who is a less skilled version of Beleskey. This also would give the Bruins and extremely strong forward setup. The height of the Bruins was 4 really good lines and this gets us back to it.

Loui/Vatrano-Krejci-Loui/Vatrano
Marchand-Bergeron-Connolly
Belesky-Spooner-Pastrnak
Rinaldo-Kemp-Hayes

Hayes has been one of your productive forwards this season. He isn't going to the 4th. It's 4th or back to Providence for Vatrano.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad