Player Discussion Frank Vatrano

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
That's fine, I don't have an issue with Czarnik, he just is not a top 6 player right now, maybe he becomes one, I like his speed and I know he has been saddled with some bad linemates but he shoudn't even be in discussion for a spot on the top two lines. I still want size and toughness on the fourth line.

On the depth chart he is below DeBrusk, Senyshyn, Vatrano, Gabrielle,JFK and Frederic to me long term. The fact that he can play center or wing does help him.

I totally agree with you but who would you put there right now? I doubt he's the long term solution.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
I totally agree with you but who would you put there right now? I doubt he's the long term solution.

There's the question. I'm still not against moving Bergeron to the third line until he is healthy. Marchand-Spooner-Backes Schaller-Krecji-Pasta or Moore in Schallers spot. Not great options but you have to hope for some kind of production from those two lines and give them more ice time right now until you start to score or until a deal is made to bring in some level of established scorer, I'm not talking a30-35 goal guy I'm thinking even a 20 goal W for the second line.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
Hoping Frankie isnt far off, I seriously don't think we'll see him up with the big club before a stint in PRO first though? Think a few are jumping the gun and thinking he'll be in against Ducks.

TheBigBadB

Feb 13, 2003
North Andover
Visit site
We need to give this kid time. He wasn't a full time NHLer last year and speed was never his thing even being a smaller guy. He should be in providence for a couple of weeks adjusting and getting timing back before throwing him in the NHL.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
We need to give this kid time. He wasn't a full time NHLer last year and speed was never his thing even being a smaller guy. He should be in providence for a couple of weeks adjusting and getting timing back before throwing him in the NHL.

I agree. IMO people have unrealistic expectations where he is concerned. He's joining the team at nearly the halfway mark of the season and he'll need at least 10 games to re-adjust to the speed of the NHL. Expecting him to light up the scoring lamp the minute he steps on the ice is foolish.

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
I agree. IMO people have unrealistic expectations where he is concerned. He's joining the team at nearly the halfway mark of the season and he'll need at least 10 games to re-adjust to the speed of the NHL. Expecting him to light up the scoring lamp the minute he steps on the ice is foolish.

Agree with all of this. But even with this, he is still better right now than Hayes.

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
Agree with all of this. But even with this, he is still better right now than Hayes.

This is where I'm at as well. I think healthy Vatrano belongs in the top 9 of this team. That isn't saying hes ready to be a 60 point player, its saying hes an NHL ready LWer who I think can contribute.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
This is where I'm at as well. I think healthy Vatrano belongs in the top 9 of this team. That isn't saying hes ready to be a 60 point player, its saying hes an NHL ready LWer who I think can contribute.

I agree. And i have faith he can be a regular 25 goals per season contributer... Production like Michael Ryder

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Vatrano knows how to score... We really need one or two more of these guys to help out Pasta

pierre gagnon*

Mar 15, 2013
St. Catharines
Vatrano played with Matthews last spring in the World Championships and was excellent. He was more then just a sniper, he set up plays and back checked hard. I think he was voted in the top 3 players for Team USA. Matthews said he liked playing with him

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
I agree. And i have faith he can be a regular 25 goals per season contributer... Production like Michael Ryder

Not this year though. I don't think hes capable of scoring at that pace this year, but that doesn't mean he still wouldn't help the team.

He's a natural goal scorer. I'm incredibly excited to see Vatrano and Seny in the lineup soon. Just straight up snipers.

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
I think Vatrano coming back just allows everyone to slot into more realistic roles.

Marchand Bergeron Backes
Vatrano Krejci Pasta
Beleskey Spooner Czarnik
4th line

All the other forwards on the roster are IMO 4th line players, so the trickle down effect certainly helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad