Player Discussion Frank Vatrano

Status
Not open for further replies.

World of Wardlow

Unscripted Violence
Jul 13, 2006
Montreal
I think a Vatrano-Spooner-Czarnik, despite maybe being defensively challenged at times, would be the spark to get Spooner back on his feet.

TMac21

Save us Sweeney
May 21, 2003
I think a Vatrano-Spooner-Czarnik, despite maybe being defensively challenged at times, would be the spark to get Spooner back on his feet.

That's what i'd like to see (if all healthy)

Marchand Bergeron Backes
Beleskey Krejci Pasta
Vatrano Spooner Czarnik
Schaller-Moore-Nash/Acciari

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO

Marchand Bergeron Backes
Beleskey Krejci Pasta
Vatrano Spooner Czarnik

Personally:

Marchand-Bergeron-Czarnik
Vatrano-Krejci-Backes
Beleskey-Spooner-Pasta
4th line

Spooner and Pasta are terrific players together, despite their defensive shortcomings. Beleskey creates some space and gives some defensive stability. Vatrano gives Krejci a pure shooter and Backes also creates some space. Marchy and Bergeron do their thing and Czarnik is smart and skilled enough to be a good piece on that line.

I think this combination would give opposing teams real fits in matchups. Do you matchup against our best scorer in Pasta? Do you matchup in our two-way beasts in Marchand and Bergeron, or if Krejci picks up his play do you matchup against that 2nd line who can really catch fire IMO

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston

Marchand Bergeron Backes
Beleskey Krejci Pasta
Vatrano Spooner Czarnik

I wasn't impressed with backes on the bergy line. Id put pasta back up there and try Vatrano with dk and backes first, then flip and flip guys in and out with a reluctancy to change that top line. Czarnik should have the third long center With Spooner and backes.

Jdavidev

Jul 5, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Personally:

Vatrano-Krejci-Backes
Beleskey-Spooner-Pasta
4th line

Spooner and Pasta are terrific players together, despite their defensive shortcomings. Beleskey creates some space and gives some defensive stability. Vatrano gives Krejci a pure shooter and Backes also creates some space. Marchy and Bergeron do their thing and Czarnik is smart and skilled enough to be a good piece on that line.

I think this combination would give opposing teams real fits in matchups. Do you matchup against our best scorer in Pasta? Do you matchup in our two-way beasts in Marchand and Bergeron, or if Krejci picks up his play do you matchup against that 2nd line who can really catch fire IMO

Like that 1st line. Makes more sense than Backes with them. Beleskey might be out until ASG, but I'd like to see:

Marchand Bergeron Czarnik
Beleskey Krejci Pastrnak
Vatrano Spooner Backes
Moore Nash Schaller/Accari

Maybe put Spooner with 46 and 88 until 39 is healthy, let Backes center 72 and 59?

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Like that 1st line. Makes more sense than Backes with them. Beleskey might be out until ASG, but I'd like to see:

Marchand Bergeron Czarnik
Beleskey Krejci Pastrnak
Vatrano Spooner Backes
Moore Nash Schaller/Accari

Maybe put Spooner with 46 and 88 until 39 is healthy, let Backes center 72 and 59?

Actually I do like the idea of Backes back to C, I'd be okay with something like:
Beleskey-Krejci-Vatrano
Spooner-Backes-Pasta

And like you said, Schaller with Krejci until Beleskey is back.

Personally I don't think Krejci and Pasta's still work too well, but I'd be willing to let them work it out and see if they get some chemistry.

TMac21

Save us Sweeney
May 21, 2003
Actually I do like the idea of Backes back to C, I'd be okay with something like:
Beleskey-Krejci-Vatrano
Spooner-Backes-Pasta

And like you said, Schaller with Krejci until Beleskey is back.

Personally I don't think Krejci and Pasta's still work too well, but I'd be willing to let them work it out and see if they get some chemistry.

Krejci gave Pasta two great passes last night, one hit the post and one lead to the scoring chance in OT....let's hope they can keep it going.

Fierce1

Nov 13, 2006
Nova Scotia
Marchand/Bergeron can be a threat on their own, Krejci needs a shooter like Pasta. At least that way opposing teams have two lines to contend with.

I really don't care where they shove Backes, he's a slow mucker who can throw the body and go to the net if he can make it there on time but lets not expect to get our money's worth out of him.

I'm looking forward to getting Frankie back in the lineup.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
As soon as vatrano is with providence I want to see backed centering the third line

He just looks really out of place as a wing and not the guy on any of the lines so far

Put him there and let Heinen and Spoons wing him.

Give czarnik a shot with krejci or Bergy.

Brewins

Apr 23, 2015
As soon as vatrano is with providence I want to see backed centering the third line

He just looks really out of place as a wing and not the guy on any of the lines so far

Put him there and let Heinen and Spoons wing him.

Give czarnik a shot with krejci or Bergy.

Or go full rangers:sarcasm::yo:

Marchy-Bergy-Czarnik
Heinin/Schaller-DK-Pasta
Vatrano/Heinen-Backes-Nash
Moore-Spooner-Schaller/Vatrano

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I've been pulling for a Vatrano -- Spooner -- Czarnik third line for awhile now. I'd like to see what it can do....tons of speed, creativity, moxy on the wings with Vatrano and Czarnik ( who were excellent together in Providence and have chemistry ). Just make sure to give them Chara--Carlo when they're on the ice.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
I'm sorry, I know Czarnik scored a nice goal Monday but you can't have a center with 8 points in 27 games and a RW with 8 points in 26 games on your top line and expect to compete for anything but a lottery pick.

Czarnik to me is one of the guys that should be on the bubble or possible trade bait for an established top 6 wing. The skill and speed are there but the production needs to be.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I've been pulling for a Vatrano -- Spooner -- Czarnik third line for awhile now. I'd like to see what it can do....tons of speed, creativity, moxy on the wings with Vatrano and Czarnik ( who were excellent together in Providence and have chemistry ). Just make sure to give them Chara--Carlo when they're on the ice.

Right now I'd just be happy with Vatrano bumping Schaller off the Krejci line.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
I'm sorry, I know Czarnik scored a nice goal Monday but you can't have a center with 8 points in 27 games and a RW with 8 points in 26 games on your top line and expect to compete for anything but a lottery pick.

Czarnik to me is one of the guys that should be on the bubble or possible trade bait for an established top 6 wing. The skill and speed are there but the production needs to be.

Let's not forget he a rookie. I don't mind be his game. In Providence he did ok his first year. Now he has to play in a defensive system with not so great linemates. I think he has a future.

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
So your telling me we haven't been relying on Pasta's 18 goals a little to much??

I think the :huh: was for the phrasing. :laugh:

We're missing Beleskey and Vatrano right now so our LW isn't going to look good.

If the team is ever fully healthy:

Beleskey-Krejci-Pastrnak
Marchand-Bergeron-Backes
Vatrano-Spooner-Not Hayes
4th line

That's 3 lines that can score and a pretty good 4th line.

I don't want to see Pasta on the 3rd line. He needs to be out there as much as possible.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
I think the :huh: was for the phrasing. :laugh:

We're missing Beleskey and Vatrano right now so our LW isn't going to look good.

If the team is ever fully healthy:

Beleskey-Krejci-Pastrnak
Marchand-Bergeron-Backes
Vatrano-Spooner-Not Hayes
4th line

That's 3 lines that can score and a pretty good 4th line.

I don't want to see Pasta on the 3rd line. He needs to be out there as much as possible.

That's fine, I don't have an issue with Czarnik, he just is not a top 6 player right now, maybe he becomes one, I like his speed and I know he has been saddled with some bad linemates but he shoudn't even be in discussion for a spot on the top two lines. I still want size and toughness on the fourth line.

On the depth chart he is below DeBrusk, Senyshyn, Vatrano, Gabrielle,JFK and Frederic to me long term. The fact that he can play center or wing does help him.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB

Bruins need Bergeron to start scoring bud..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad