Waived: Frank Corrado, Linden Vey, Alex Biega (UPDATE: Corrado claimed by TOR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Having a tough d core is valuable, but not as valuable as having a good d core. Being able think and move the puck effectively are by far the most important traits for a defensman to have. If you can't do that then you shouldn't be on the team. End of story. I don't care how physical you are.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Only if they grab Booth too! Better hurry before the Ducks snap him up...there's a trend goin' on there.

Depth chart?

Vrbata :naughty: | Getzlaf | Perry

Sekac | Kesler | Silfverberg

Hagelin | Cogliano | Rakell

Stewart | Horcoff | Maroon

Booth | Santorelli | Raymond

popped-collars.jpg

Last edited:

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
BTW, what's the chance a team like Toronto takes a swipe at these guys?

I was thinking them and Calgary too..burke likes to piss on us when he gets the chance.

Giordano-Hamilton;
Russell-Wideman;
Engelland-Kulak.

I don't know who their seventh is, but could Corrado possibly fit there?

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Taking a pessimistic approach to Vey at the time yes he was a top-line AHL forward but his linemates Toffoli and Pearson were able to earn their spots on the Kings in scoring roles. You'd think if Vey was the same caliber of player they'd find a way to keep him in the lineup.

Anyways, it's kind of sad that Benning has been so bad that when he does something completely ordinary, cutting a few depth players who didn't earn there spot in camp, he gets praise. Guys like Vey & Corrado are getting waived all around the league right now, and it's not like he's made the 'tough call' on the real boat anchor contracts.

That's the actual problem. These are very minor, routine moves. Somehow they are some of the best moves he's made in his entire tenure. It's just mindblowing incompetence.

As for your point about Vey, that should have been Jim "talent evaluator" Benning's job. That's what he was brought in to do apparently.

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
really just disappointing that they rushed to sign Sbisa like they did. That's that i guess. Not going to admit that big a mistake so soon. Another poor season and i see Sbisa being waived in time.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Really put their money where their mouth is with this.

Hope they all make it through, i'd suspect there's a good chance they do. Vey should look mighty nice as an AHL All Star centering the top line down there...a role that seemed previously vacant for Utica.

Corrado, well...i suppose there's always a chance he ends up claimed, but he just hasn't been good enough for a while now, and did not have a strong camp. Maybe someone takes a flyer on him based on what he looked like he might become a while ago. But if they've really been watching, he should clear. Hope they can keep him in the organization and give him another year to try to find his game again down in Utica. :dunno:

stuffradio

Oct 3, 2012
Vancouver
Really put their money where their mouth is with this.

Hope they all make it through, i'd suspect there's a good chance they do. Vey should look mighty nice as an AHL All Star centering the top line down there...a role that seemed previously vacant for Utica.

Corrado, well...i suppose there's always a chance he ends up claimed, but he just hasn't been good enough for a while now, and did not have a strong camp. Maybe someone takes a flyer on him based on what he looked like he might become a while ago. But if they've really been watching, he should clear. Hope they can keep him in the organization and give him another year to try to find his game again down in Utica. :dunno:
Corrado removed all mentions of Canucks on Twitter earlier today. It's back now. I bet he wants out now.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Corrado removed all mentions of Canucks on Twitter earlier today. It's back now. I bet he wants out now.

If he wants out because he blames the organization instead of himself for not being good enough ...

... then he isn't really a loss.

polarbearcub

May 7, 2011
Vancouver
If he wants out because he blames the organization instead of himself for not being good enough ...

... then he isn't really a loss.

No one to blame but himself. He was flat out , out played.

Can't blame the kid for being devastated. He could smell the nhl

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
Only I was talking about physicality.

Sbisa is our most physical defenceman. Taking him out would make the blueline too soft.

it would make the blueline better. better at hockey, yknow? the good thing, the thing we want, ability win games. hockey ability

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad