Waived: Frank Corrado, Linden Vey, Alex Biega (UPDATE: Corrado claimed by TOR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
If he wants out because he blames the organization instead of himself for not being good enough ...

... then he isn't really a loss.

Had a bad camp, but probably should have made the team last year, IMO. It's probably less of him wanting out thing and maybe more of a he knows he's been claimed by at least one team thing.

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
i dont think claims are made public until the end of the period to prevent teams from gaming the process

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
sorry, i meant to say i think its kept from all teams, players, agents to prevent them from gaming it. i think you send your claims in, the nhl hoards them, processes the winner and doles out the player

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
No loss if any of these guys get taken

I hate that we gave away Forsling. Even if he doesn't pan out that's just Benning lucking out

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
Vey would be great for Utica and if he does get claimed we get assurance that they're not going to try to slot him into lines he doesn't work with if a center gets injured.

Win/Win really.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Vey would be great for Utica and if he does get claimed we get assurance that they're not going to try to slot him into lines he doesn't work with if a center gets injured.

Win/Win really.

It is, good for Utica and good though it comes with a small cap penalty. The only downsides are the loss of face having to waive him and the fact they could just have signed him to his 2-way $750K QO. Hopefully the terrible contract scares off the other teams.

Corrado finishes up their D nicely. Utica should be playoff bound if those two stay down.

Last edited:

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Brandon Sutter, 1st line winger. On a steal of a contract for a 1RW.

It's still too early to say anything definitive, but early returns on Benning's drafting is top notch.

About time to sack him as GM then and demote him to scout. He can be GM again on draft days so long as he promises not to make any trades or signings.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
I think Stanton is more physical/tougher than Sbisa as well. And categorically better at everything besides speed.

Stanton is too slow for the current system, he would have been a great partner for Hutton if he was a even just a little bit faster. Sbisa is a good fit physically and stylistically just prone to incurable stupidity.

Trelane

Feb 12, 2013
Salusa Secundus
Forsling has 1g 4a in 6 games in the SHL btw.

At least we got... Oh nvm...

-confirmation that Benning is a drafting virtuoso
-possible better returns for JB made picks/prospects in our system cuz other GMs now know that he's... see above

Only so many PP QB positions. With Hutton onboard the next one should be a righty. If Jimbo can get them at will with a 5th imagine what he'll do with a 2nd or two.

:laugh:;):laugh:

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
Tougher I'd agree. I don't have any complaints with either's physicality. Sbisa is better at playing hockey though. I mean Sbisa is a guy that put up ppg in his last season in junior, and put up ~ppg over his 14 career AHL games. Stanton on the other hand has had 3 seasons of 73+ games in the AHL and never managed more than 25 points.

As MS has highlighted elsewhere, if you're going to make it in the NHL you don't spend 200+ games in the AHL.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
-possible better returns for JB made picks/prospects in our system cuz other GMs now know that he's... see above

Only so many PP QB positions. With Hutton onboard the next one should be a righty. If Jimbo can get them at will with a 5th imagine what he'll do with a 2nd or two.

His forward resume is a whole lot better than his dman resume.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009

are you ****ing serious?!

this post kinda makes me mad not gonna lie.

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013

...trade them for a 30 year old fourth liner, and sign him to third line money for eight years? :)

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
It is, good for Utica and good though it comes with a small cap penalty. The only downsides are the loss of face having to waive him and the fact they could just have signed him to his 2-way $750K QO. Hopefully the terrible contract scares off the other teams.

Corrado finishes up their D nicely. Utica should be playoff bound if those two stay down.

If teams were able to claim players for their farm team on waivers, i'd think Vey's contract would scare teams off. We take for granted this organization's willingness to bury money in the minors like that...1 million bucks on a 1-way. There are a lot of organizations where that's a non-starter.

But since that's not the case...

I can't really see it being much of a factor. If there were a team out there thinking about putting in a claim on Vey, they're going to have to be doing it because they think he can play on their NHL roster. At which point, a million bucks a schmillion bucks whatever, it's not wildly difficult to stomach at all for an nhl roster player. If you think that's what Vey is for your club, enough to put in that claim and keep him on your roster.

I think Vey's inability to take even a small step forward this summer is what will really scare teams off.

Ryp37

Nov 6, 2011
Tougher I'd agree. I don't have any complaints with either's physicality. Sbisa is better at playing hockey though. I mean Sbisa is a guy that put up ppg in his last season in junior, and put up ~ppg over his 14 career AHL games. Stanton on the other hand has had 3 seasons of 73+ games in the AHL and never managed more than 25 points.

As MS has highlighted elsewhere, if you're going to make it in the NHL you don't spend 200+ games in the AHL.

2007-2008 62GP 33 Points
08-09 18 GP 15 Points
09-10 17GP 13 Points, traded to Portland 12GP 5 Points
109 GP 66 Points .61 PPG

AHL 14 GP 13 Points

The guy stinks and your taking his stats way out of context

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest