Waived: Frank Corrado, Linden Vey, Alex Biega (UPDATE: Corrado claimed by TOR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
I'm really surprised Vey wasn't gifted a spot, especially after all that happened last season + the fact he got a raise. It still doesn't make up for everything that's led up to this point regarding him, but it's a step in the right direction.

As for Corrado, I'm torn on this. I know he really hasn't played well and has been a disappointment since first playing for us a couple of years ago, but I don't like exposing him to waivers. But at the same time he needs as much playing time as possible, and he'll get much more with Utica. Blah.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
I am officially a fan of Jim Benning. He has the courage to admit his mistakes and give opportunities to deserving players.

I would have never imagined that Virtanen, McCann, and Hutton would be in the line-up come October at the beginning of the off-season.

arsmaster*

Kudos to JB, not afraid to make a tough decision and IMO this is quite clearly the right decision.

This team gave both guys, especially Vey, every opportunity to seize roles on this roster and both couldn't hack it currently.

I think both will clear and Utica will be better for it, and I can see both guys getting NHL games this year if that's the case.

Intoewsables

Jul 30, 2009
Toronto
Corrado and Vey absolutely deserved this. Neither player looked even close to beating out their competition.

I don't think waiving Biega is the right call, but it's not like they'd actually dump Sbisa (and/or he's just unmovable). Tough break for him after playing real good this preseason.

Powder

Watch out, I bite.
Mar 14, 2011
Somewhere Up North
Finally, a very bold AND good decision from Benning & Co. Well done! It's good to see that they can move on from their mistakes.

Now it's up to the rookies to perform and stay with the big club. An actual reason to watch the Canucks besides Horvat, who-da-thunk-it?

arsmaster*

Finally, a very bold AND good decision from Benning & Co. Well done! It's good to see that they can move on from their mistakes.

Now it's up to the rookies to perform and stay with the big club. An actual reason to watch the Canucks besides Horvat, who-da-thunk-it?

A reason to watch the first 9 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille