NHL 19 Franchise Mode Thread

Emery

Jul 18, 2011
Ottawa
I never leave firing on for that sole reason ^^^

I find it easier to have the option of leaving, maybe it’s not realistic but neither is getting fired after taking the 2019 Blackhawks to the Finals :( sorry to hear

Reactions: kinger8998

Dr Good Vibes

Jan 18, 2010
I had 96 overall RW playmaker putting up like 50-60 points a season and commanding a 14 million dollar cap hit (!!!) Is the playmaker build broken? I have trouble getting a playmaker to put up a PPG. Most of the time they're under. Meanwhile, power forwards and two way forwards put up points like crazy. Power forwards put up more goals than snipers and two way forwards put up more goals than playmakers.

I did a fantasy draft experiment last night and built a team of huge players. No one under 6'1 and I chose strong players with high body checking stats. Most of the team ended up over 6'3 with Rasmus Dahlin, Brayden Schenn, and Filip Forsberg as the smallest guys on the roster. Most of the defenseman were defensive, most of the forwards were power with a few two ways and grinders mixed in. Tom Wilson, Ferland, Perry, Tuch, B. Tkachuk, Mantha on the wings. Bjustadt, Schenn, Lowry down the middle. A D core lead by Chara with Sustr, Dahlin, Seth Jones, Forbort, and a couple big depth boys. Matt Murray in net. It was a goof, a lark, an experiment. That team won over fifty games and they scored like crazy. Brayden Schenn my 87 overall top line center put up 96 points. No playmakers or snipers on the roster, still winning games. Lowest goals against in the league.

I simmed through most of this season but I did play a couple of games. Gooned it up against teams where I'd traded for their pick, thus increasing the value of my draft pick. Didn't focus on scoring in those games, just pot a couple, run the other team and once three guys have been injured, sim the rest. Also, team strategies were tinkered with, every line used crash the net with maximum shooting tendency over passing. Defensive strategy was puck side attack. D worked better with shooting/passing tendency in the middle and pinch all the way up.

I don't know if I'm using playmakers and snipers wrong, I usually just try to build a balanced line, but most of the time playmakers have disappointed. What's up with that?

I might try doing one of these with only small players. No one over 5'10 or something.

glxss

Mar 4, 2013
Oh hell yes. I just came back to HF and forgot all about these threads, I used to love doing write ups back in the day. I'm so starting one of these when I get the chance. I wish there were threads like this for EHM.

Caffeine

Apr 27, 2017
Petrozavodsk
Red Wings opening night roster 2022-2023. I edited divisons and added Red Wings to Western Conference as I wanted to have rivalry with Blackhawks, Colorado and Blues. Nashville is now in Eastern Conference...

Missed playoffs every season so far. But now managed to get into playoffs 2022-2023 from wild card spot. Been just simulating and playing few games here and there for better knowledge regarding roster and team needs. Drafted first overall 2019 (after accelerated rebuild) Trenton Dryden who didn't bust out but never turned out into franchise player. Since then highest pick was 2020 5th pick and drafted with this pick Byfield current nr.1 center. Signed Jake Gardiner, Roman Josi, Mark Stone from free agency. Edmonton offered Puljujarvi while being 82 overall for 2nd round pick and minor prospect. Traded Trenton Dryden 85 overall for Sergachev from Tampa since he never lived out into expectations.

Puljujarvi 88Byfield 88Mantha 89
Perlini 85Larkin 86Stone 87
Athanasiou 82Mcleod 84Rasmussen 81
Smith 79de la rose 78Ehn 78
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Josi 89Sergachev 89
Gardiner 83Juolevi 84
Cholowski 82Broberg 81
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Raanta 86
Luongo 81
Goalie prospect 77 in AHL
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

kinger8998

Apr 5, 2015
Nova Scotia
Detroit Red Wings Franchise Mode

red-wings-wallpaper-red-wings-wallpaper-red-wings-wallpaper-ipad-red-wings-wallpaper-red-wings-wallpaper-iphone-728x410.jpg

2018-2019 NHL Season

Preview

~ Salary Cap is on.
~ No trading into Top 3 of NHL Draft unless I have a pick from 4-6.*
~ No trading up more than 5 spots at any other time during 1st Round of Draft
~ May trade into 1st round but only from 15-31. *
~ No signing Free Agents if they require ELC, unless of American Descent citing college hockey holdout.
* - Unless using player of overall 88+.

images

BREAKING NEWS: Detroit relieves Holland of duties, hires King as replacement
Sept. 25th, 2018
Prior to the 2018-2019 NHL Season, the Detroit Red Wings have decided to make a change in the Hockey Ops Department. After missing the Playoffs the previous 3 seasons following a 25-year run of always being in the Round of 16, they've decided to remove Ken Holland from his role as GM and move him to the scouting department and in an advisory role to new GM Brant King. King, a rookie GM, brings a fresh face to a team that's seen it's fanbase's love for the former GM Holland go stale. We now go live to a Press Conference:

GM Brant King
This organization has been blessed with some great work by Ken. Being successful comes with a price, and Ken was never afraid to pay that. It brought this franchise a great deal of success, including 4 Stanley Cups. Now, we he's gotten the ball rolling towards the next run. Now, it's my job to keep that proverbial ball rolling, and eventually we'll be back to a long period of success. I'm grateful for this opportunity to grow with this young team as it is today, and I'm elated that Ken is staying on to be my Right Hand man during this process. I promise we will come out just as strong on the other side of this process.

images

BREAKING NEWS: Jimmy Howard traded to Hurricanes
Sept. 26th, 2018
The first move of the King era was to cut ties with longtime goaltender Jimmy Howard. The Pending UFA created quite the buzz, with St. Louis, Philadelphia, Edmonton and Carolina getting into a bidding war over the goaltender.

In return the Red Wings got Carolina's 2019 1st round pick and prospects Aleksi Saarela (F) and Roland McKeown (D).

Here's what Brant King had to say about his first move as GM:

We really just wanted to get this over with. Jimmy's been a real good goalie for us for a very long time, and we weren't going to get much better than this. To be honest, it came down to the 1st rounder. We felt this trade gives us the best opportunity to pick as highly as possible. The market was swarming for a starting goaltender, and this was just the right deal. We wish Jimmy the best of luck and thank him for his many years of service.

images

BREAKING NEWS: Detroit acquires Goldobin for de la Rose, prospect, pick
Sept. 27th, 2018
Brant King stayed hard at work, orchestrating his second deal in just 2 days to begin his reign at the helm of the Wings. In this one, he acquired young forward Nikolay Goldobin in exchange for forward Jacob de la Rose, unsigned prospect Zach Gallant, and a 2021 3rd round pick (DET).

GMBK was on TSN to talk about the deal:

Goldy is going to be electric for us. He's got the speed and skill to be a fantastic player in this league. We had two thirds in 2021, so it was easy to part with one of them to get a player of this calibre. Best of luck to Jacob in Vancouver, and the same for Zach Gallant in his development.

First Half of Season

LWCRW
Goldobin 80Larkin 85Mantha 83
Vanek 81Athanasiou 83Nyquist 84
Bertuzzi 80Nielsen 80Frk 79
Abdelkader 80Rasmussen 78Helm 79
Glendening 77Witkowski 76
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
LDRD
DeKeyser 82Green 84
Kronwall 81Daley 79
Cholowski 80Jensen 79
Ericsson 78
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Goalie AGoalie B
Darling 81Bernier 81
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

images
images

BREAKING NEWS: Red Wings stun Jackets on Opening Night
Oct. 4th, 2018
A 4-goal second period gave the Wings a 5-1 lead they wouldn't relinquish as they beat the Blue Jackets 7-3 on Opening Night. Dylan Larkin led the way with 2 goals and 4 points while Martin Frk added 2 goals and 3 points of his own. Nikolay Goldobin also scored in his debut for Detroit. Scott Darling made 25 saves in the win.

Cam Atkinson had 2 goals for Columbus.

images

BREAKING NEWS: Wings win just 1/5 in Atlantic streak
Oct. 20th, 2018
After beginning the season 2-0. the Wings have now won just 1 out of their last 6 games, including 1/5 Atlantci Division games in a mini-streak against solely Division rivals.

They now sit 3-2-3, good for 3rd in the Atlantic.

images

BREAKING NEWS: DeKeyser suffers concussion, Ericsson enters lineup
Nov. 9th, 2018
The Red Wings defenseman will miss approximately 1 month with the ailment. Jonathan Ericsson will play his first games of the season in his absence.

images

BREAKING NEWS: Rasmussen and Bertuzzi fall to injuries
Nov. 21st, 2018
Rookie Michael Rasmussen is week-to-week with an undisclosed LBI, while Tyler Bertuzzi will be out 3-4 weeks with a separated shoulder.

Luke Glendening and Luke Witkowski will enter the lineup while they are out, their first action of the year.

images

BREAKING NEWS: Thomas Vanek traded to Kings for 2nd Round Pick
Jan. 2nd, 2019
The Red Wings are at the exact halfpoint of their season, and Thomas Vanek was recently relegated to the 4th line for a few games. Not an ideal situation for a scoring forward, but a necessary one as Vanek has just 6 goals and 17 points.

The deal brings the Red Wings a third 2nd Round pick in the upcoming Draft, and gives them five in the first 2 rounds.

images

RecordHomeAwayGFPGGAPGPP%PK%DivisionConferenceLeaguePlayoffs?
17-15-911-6-46-9-52.54 (20th)2.83 (24th)13.8% (28th)73.9% (31st)4th7th17thYes.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

images

GoalieRecordSV%GAASO
Jonathan Bernier9-10-6.9102.700
Scott Darling8-6-3.9102.742
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Quick Hits
~ Both goalies are performing at about a league average.
~ Jonatha Bernier has gotten a few more starts, but it's pretty much a platoon situation.

images

PlayerGPGAP+/-PIM
Mike Green4161218-26
Niklas Kronwall41099E10
Dennis Cholowski41088-212
Danny DeKeyser28156-28
Nick Jensen41055-82
Trevor Daley41224+317
Jonathan Ericsson13000+56
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Quick Hits
~ Mike Green provides most of the offense from the backend, as expected
~ Dennis Cholowski is having a decent rookie season
~ Jonathan Ericsson has replaced Nick Jensen in the lineup as a reward for his vastly superior play

images

PlayerGPGAP+/-PIM
Dylan Larkin41131831+410
Nikolay Goldobin41131528+810
Anthony Mantha4191928+525
Gustav Nyquist41121325-12
Andreas Athanasiou4181422-114
Martin Frk37101020-52
Frans Nielsen4141317+18
Justin Abdelkader418614-318
Michael Rasmussen3631114-414
Darren Helm413912-14
Tyler Bertuzzi29459-324
Luke Witkowski12112+26
Luke Glendening9101-26
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Quick Hits
~ Outside of the top line of Goldobin-Larkin-Mantha, the Red Wings really suffer in the scoring department.
~ Considering Tomas Tatar got a 1st round pick, Nyquist should get atleast that.
~ Michael Rasmussen has been recently promoted to the 2nd line to up his ridiculously unlucky and low shooting % of 4.5.

images

BREAKING NEWS: Griffins Update
Halfway Point of NHL Season
The Grand Rapids Griffins have a record of 22-11-12, which leads the AHL with 46 points.

Leading the way are star prospects Evgeny Svechnikov and Filip Zadina who has 23 and 21 points respectively.

Roland McKeown, acquired in the Hoawrd trade with Carolina, has 17 points, already nearing his career high of 23.

Second Half of Season

LWCRW
Goldobin 80Larkin 86Mantha 84
Athanasiou 83Rasmussen 78Nyquist 84
Bertuzzi 80Nielsen 80Helm 79
Abdelkader 80Glendening 77Witkowski 76
Frk 79*
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
LDRD
DeKeyser 82Green 84
Kronwall 81Daley 79
Cholowski 80Ericsson 78
Jensen 79
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
1A1B
Bernier 81Darling 81
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

BREAKING NEWS: Red Wings and Sabres trade Defenseman, Wings get Pick
Jan. 18th, 2019
After losing 4 straight games, the Red Wings decided to shake things up, or just fast track the rebuild. They traded Danny DeKeyser to the Sabres for forward Matt Moulson, defenseman Matt Hunwick and a 2nd Round pick in the 2020 NHL Draft.

Matt Moulson will get a chance to play alongside Dylan Larkin ad Gustav Nyquist on a new top line, while other lines are also shuffled in an attempt to jolt the offense. Matt Hunwick will start on the 3rd pairing with Jonathan Ericsson as Dennis Cholowski skates on the top pair with Green.

PlayerOVRAgePotentialPositionPlayer TypeStatsYears/AAV
Matt Hunwick7933N/ADDefensive Defenseman47 GP
2G-4A-6P
+18 ... 16 PIM
(NHL)
2/$2.250M
Matt Moulson7535N/ALWSniper38 GP
6G-17A-23P
-6 ... 4 PIM
(AHL)
1/$5.000M
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Trade Deadline

tradecentre-2017.jpg

The TRADECENTRE broadcast team:
Host: James Duthie
Trade Breaker Desk: Bob McKenzie, Darren Dreger, Pierre LeBrun, and Gord Miller
Instant Analysis Panel: Ray Ferraro, Jeff O’Neill, Dave Poulin, Martin Biron, Pierre McGuire
Trade Bait: Craig Button
Deadline Panel: Jamie McLennan, Aaron Ward

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Duthie: Welcome back to TSN for a recap of the just passed Trade Deadline. It wasn't expected to be a very big day, and that held true, but boy did we have some big time trades.

Button: Yeah James, we really did. Most of them came out of Detroit, but Dallas was actually the first team to take a name off of my Trade Bait board when they traded for Mike Hoffman from the Panthers for Ty Dellandrea and a 2nd round pick.

images
images

McKenzie: Certainly a noteworthy trade, but it pales in comparison to the blockbuster of the day. Detroit sent Gustav Nyquist, Nick Jensen and their 2nd Round pick to the Dallas Stars for Jason Robertson, Marc Methot, the Stars 2019 1st and their 2019 3rd.

Poulin: The Dallas Stars showed they were willing to pay a price to get that depth scoring behind Seguin, Benn and Radulov. They really can't be taken lightly now with Hoffman and Nyquist behind their lethal top line. Meanwhile, this deal goes through because of the Red Wings ability to add their 2nd round pick because they had 3 in the cupboard. They've really stocked up draft picks, it's going to be a huge year for the Wings.

Ward: It has the potential to be. But now, were really going to see where GM Brant King places value in his draft selections. They have plenty of chances to select, but they've got to hit them on the nose. If they do, this could be a really quick turnaround.

images

Dreger: The Red Wings also traded longtime assistant captain Niklas Kronwall to the New York Rangers for a 2nd round pick in the upcoming entry Draft.

Ferraro: The Red Wings not have 6 selections in the first 62 picks of the Draft. That's insane. I highly doubt they use them all, as they could use a couple to unload some pretty massive contracts they have on their books. As good as Ken Holland was, the Helm and Abdelkader contracts are albatrosses and they could really strap the team when they finally do come out the other side of this.

O'Neill: The Red Wings certainly have Draft Day circled in red marker on their calendar as the most important day of this young rebuild. Hit on most of their selections, and accelerate a rebuild. Miss them, and this process is casted with doubt in their ability to pull this off.

Biron: This is where Hollands expertise comes in to help King. A draft day with that many selections would be hectic for any GM, yet alone a rookie. It's a good thing Holland will be there to talk King through it.

Miller: It's important to note some other roster moves filed by the Red Wings today. They've recalled Filip Zadina, Evgeny Svechnikov and Libor Sulak from the AHL; while they've sent Matt Moulson to the minors.

Duthie: Thanks guys, that's all the time we have for this segment. Thanks for tuning in to TradeCentre here on TSN, we look forward to seeing you on Draft Day or at the Free Agent Frenzy!

PlayerOVRAgePotentialPositionPlayer TypeStatsYears/AAV
Filip Zadina8019Med EliteRW2 way Forward56 GP
16G-24A-40P
+5 ... 15 PIM
(AHL)
3/$0.925M
Marc Methot7933N/ADDefensive Defenseman62 GP
4G-7A-11P
+4 ... 16 PIM
(NHL)
1/$4.900M
Evgeny Svechnikov7722Med Top 6FLWSniper54 GP
18G-25A-43P
+12 ... 12 PIM
(AHL)
1/$0.925M
Libor Sulak7824High Top 6DDDefensive Defenseman56 GP
2G-21A-23P
+1 ... 35 PIM
(AHL)
3/$0.835M
Jason Robertson7819Low Top 6FLWSniper43 GP
24G-47A-71P
+21 ... 0 PIM
(OHL)
3/$0.825M
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

LWCRW
Goldobin 80Larkin 86Mantha 85
Frk 79Athanasiou 83Zadina 80
Svechnikov 77Nielsen 80Bertuzzi 80
Abdelkader 80Rasmussen 78Helm 79
Glendening 77Witkowski 76
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
LDRD
Methot 79Green 84
Cholowski 80Daley 79
Sulak 78Hunwick 79
Ericsson 78
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
1A1B
Bernier 81Darling 81
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

images

RecordHomeAwayGFPGGAPGPP%PK%DivisionConferenceLeaguePlayoffs?
31-36-1517-16-814-20-72.44 (24th)2.82 (28th)12.9% (31st)8.02% (20th)7th14th29thNo
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

images

GoalieRecordSV%GAASO
Jonathan Bernier18-31-10.9122.652
Scott Darling13-5-5.9062.874
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Quick Hits
~ Detroit's goaltending couldn't sustain the league average pace
~ Bernier played better despite having a losing record.

images

PlayerGPGAP+/-PIM
Mike Green7892332+1114
Dennia Cholowski8241418-448
Marc Methot81 (19)4 (0)9 (2)13 (2)+10 (+6)16 (4)
Matt Hunwick81 (34)3 (1)9 (5)12 (6)+15 (-3)22 (6)
Trevor Daley82358-831
Libor Sulak19033-34
Jonathan Ericsson34213-612
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Quick Hits
~ Mike Green and Marc Methot formed a formidable pair post deadline
~ Dennis Cholowski gained offensive confidence in the second half
~ Libor Sulak had a pretty good debut considering the circumstances.

images

PlayerGPGAP+/-PIM
Dylan Larkin82243559-434
Anthony Mantha82193554+145
Nikolay Goldobin82232649+316
Andreas Athanasiou80142741-426
Michael Rasmussen7372835-130
Martin Frk76161733-86
Frans Nielsen8282331+120
Justin Abdelkader81171128-540
Darren Helm81101626+210
Tyler Bertuzzi7081220-1152
Filip Zadina174711-22
Evgeny Svechnikov19167-56
Luke Glendening

Luke Witkowski

[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Quick Hits
~ Larkin, Mantha and Goldobin were dynamite all season
~ Michael Rasmussen had 21 points in the second half, showing progress
~ Frans Nielsen, Justin Abdelkader and Darren Helm's contracts could prove to be bad news moving forward with their declining roles and play
~ Filip Zadina had a very successful callup.

images

BREAKING NEWS: Griffins Update
End of NHL Season
Closing in on the end of their season, the Grand Rapids Griffins sit 38-27-8 and have fallen out of a playoff spot after losing Sulak, Zadina and Svehcnikov to callups.

Christoffer Ehn has 37 points in his rookie season and could very well make the NHL roster out of camp next year.

Defensive prospects Filip Hronek, Joe Hicketts and Roland McKeown all were positive impacts and should push for NHl playing time in the coming years.

Next Post: 2019 NHL Offseason

Reactions: Willy1964

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Ea fails again in making a fun Trade Dealine day.

They almost got the hand of it in nhl 13 and then immediately scrapped it (someone in the team probably got fired and it was too much work to update it)

Trade are still so far out of whack even contending teams value their first rounds picks so much you can’t even acquire them so 87-90 overalls.

Realistically how many lines of codes does it take to make high places team value their draft picks less and possibly over value high overall veterans? You could probably get a kid out of university on the cheap to fix a lot of what’s wrong with franchise mode

Last edited:

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Easier solution is to find a developer who actually likes hockey and even better still, plays it... even if it’s video game hockey they play.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Easier solution is to find a developer who actually likes hockey and even better still, plays it... even if it’s video game hockey they play.
This is a problem as well. That’s why we get this ultra arcade-y back and forth feel.

It’s just EA cheaping out.

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010
I started a Canucks Franchise Mode over the Christmas break, but have Owner Mode and Player Morale turned off as per recommendations from friends and other users earlier in this thread.

I did set out some ground rules for myself to make things more difficult and prevent me from taking advantage of some of the cheesy things I've read about (like trading a 7th round franchise goaltender immediately after the draft).

I sim most games (using the sim game function, not by advancing past the game) except for some CPU vs CPU games (first and last NHL games of the season and NHL playoff elimination games). CPU vs CPU games are All-Star, Full-Sim (with penalties toned down to 1/4 from 3/4 and with penalty time scaling to 0/6 from 3/6).

Games are simmed at x1 speed for NHL Stanley Cup Finals games, x2 speed for NHL playoff games and AHL Calder Cup Finals games, x4 speed for NHL regular season games and AHL playoff games, and x8 speed for NHL preseason and AHL regular season games.

Trades:
- Trade difficulty set to Hard
- Cannot propose trades
- Can accept unaltered trades proposed by the CPU
- Cannot place unsigned players or players in the first year of an entry-level contract on the trade block
- Cannot place players with real-life no trade clauses/no movement clauses on the trade block
- Players aged 27 years or older that are not on their real life contract and have a cap hit within the 'This year's 1st and 3rd round picks' or 'This year's 1st, 2nd, and 3rd picks' ranges on the RFA Offer Sheet Compensation page are assumed to have a no-trade clause
- Players aged 27 years or older that are not on their real life contract and have a cap hit in excess of 'This year's 1st, 2nd, and 3rd picks' range on the RFA Offer Sheet Compensation page are assumed to have a no-movement clause

Fog of War:
- On for Pro and Amateur players

Waivers:
- Cannot place players with no-movement clauses on waivers (must remain with NHL club)
- Players eligible for waivers must be placed on waivers at the beginning of the season to be eligible to play for the AHL affiliate
- Any players claimed off waivers must remain in the NHL unless placed on waivers again to be sent to the AHL affiliate
- Maximum of 1 waiver claim per season
- Cannot claim players after the trade deadline

AHL:
- Maximum of 6 veteran skaters (260+ AHL/NHL games as of the end of the previous season); maximum of 5 skaters with 320+ AHL/NHL games

Scouting:
- Must have 1 scout in each NHL and AHL division (8 total) at all times
- Cannot fire scouts (Scouts may be released at contract expiration)

Drafting:
- Eligible players must be within 25% on the Central Scouting or Scout Ranking list, rounded down to nearest integer with a minimum of 3 higher and a maximum of 31 higher
Examples: 1st overall pick can choose up to 4th ranked on CS or Scout list. 20th overall pick can choose up to 25th. 100th overall pick can choose up to 125th. 200th pick can choose up to 231st.
- May only draft up to 1 goaltender per draft, no more than 7 goaltenders over 10 years.

Contract Buyouts:
- Maximum of 1 contract buyout per season

Free Agency:
- July 1st - Can make one contract offer to either a UFA or an RFA under another team's control
- August 31st - Can make one 1-way contract offer to a UFA, up to three 2-way contract offers to UFAs
- No restrictions on signing own RFAs

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010
Continued from NHL 19 - Franchise Mode Thread

Franchise Mode - Vancouver Canucks - 2018/2019

October 1, 2018

The Vancouver Canucks head into the 2018/2019 NHL season expecting another rebuilding year after the retirement of franchise leaders Henrik and Daniel Sedin at the end of last season. Elias Pettersson is expected to make his debut after dominating the SHL at 19 years of age and Bo Horvat is expected to be named the captain, taking over from Henrik Sedin.

Amongst the other fresh faces are the additions via free agency: centre Jay Beagle, who recently won the Stanley Cup with the Washington Capitals in June, was added on a 4-year, $12M contract over the summer; Antoine Roussel, one of the few French players in the NHL, is expected to add some grit to the lineup over the next 4 seasons; and Tim Schaller was brought in on a 2-year contract to add some forward depth.

The defense and goaltending remains unchanged from last season.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

February 25, 2019

The NHL trade deadline passed with little action. Only a single trade was made at the deadline between Carolina and Florida, with Florida acquiring captain and playoff veteran Justin Williams for their playoff run in exchange along with a couple of picks for Florida's 2019 1st round draft pick and a 4th next year.

Several other trades were made in the week leading up to the trade deadline, most notable of which saw Norwegian star Mats Zuccarello sent from the Big Apple to Boston for a package of futures which included former 1st round pick Zach Senyshyn.

DateTeam 1Team 1 AcquisitionsTeam 2Team 2 Acquisitions
2018-12-26To STLJ. Roy, 2019 5thTo SJSP. Maroon, J. Nolan, 2020 2nd
2019-02-01To DETR. Sandin, 2019 3rdTo TORN. Kronwall, 2020 3rd, 2020 5th
2019-02-07To DALG. Nyquist, 2020 7thTo DETP. Desrosiers, 2019 2nd, 2020 2nd
2019-02-09To NSHI. Samsonov, L. Johansen, 2020 2ndTo WSHE. Tolvanen, 2020 2nd
2019-02-17To BOSM. Zuccarello, A. McQuaid, 2 othersTo NYRU. Vaakanainen, Z. Senyshyn, 2 others
2019-02-18To SJSB. Pirri, 2020 2nd, 2020 2ndTo VGKI. Chekhovich, 2020 2nd, 2020 2nd
2019-02-19To DETC. McLeod, 2019 3rd, 2019 7thTo NYRN. Jensen, L. Witkowski
2019-02-24To CAR2019 1st, 2020 4thTo FLAJ. Williams, 2020 2nd, 2019 3rd
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

April 7, 2019

The Vancouver Canucks finished the season 38-35-9 which placed them 22nd overall in the league. Captain Bo Horvat led the team in scoring with 63 points and Elias Pettersson led all NHL rookies with 57 points. Nikolay Goldobin finished his first full NHL season with 46 points. Brock Boeser suffered the infamous sophomore slump while battling injuries, finishing with a disappointing 37 points over 56 games. Jacob Markstrom had his best season to date, recording 28 wins and posting a 0.917 save percentage.

The Toronto Maple Leafs head into the playoffs with home ice advantage after winning the President's Trophy with 110 points. Dallas Star's superstar Tyler Seguin won his first Art Ross and Maurice Richard Trophies with 49 goals and 93 points and San Jose goaltender Martin Jones will take home some hardware in June as his team recorded the fewest goals allowed to win the William M. Jennings Trophy.

Record38-35-9 (22nd)
Goals For213 (17th)
Goals Against226 (25th)
PP%16.7% (26th)
PK%80.3% (21st)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
PlayerGPGAP
Horvat, Bo81184563
Pettersson, Elias81243357
Baertschi, Sven82212647
Goldobin, Nikolay82192746
Gagner, Sam82241943
Boeser, Brock56162137
Eriksson, Loui68102636
Virtanen, Jake82161329
Tanev, Christopher7842125
Sutter, Brandon68131124
Roussel, Antoine75131124
Beagle, Jay82131124
Edler, Alexander8131922
Granlund, Markus8241822
Pouliot, Derrick8221820
Hutton, Ben7631518
Stecher, Troy8231013
Gaunce, Brendan34279
Del Zotto, Michael78156
Schaller, Tim19224
Biega, Alex15123
Gaudette, Adam7101
MacEwen, Zack3000
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
GoaltenderWLOTLSOSv%GAA
Markstrom, Jacob2820510.9172.53
Nilsson, Anders913410.9122.78
Demko, Thatcher12000.8544.42
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

June 10, 2019

Captain Jamie Benn lifted the Stanley Cup over his head for the first time as the Dallas Stars defeated the Boston Bruins in game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals. Benn was also awarded the Conn Smythe Trophy as the NHL playoffs most valuable player.

June 25, 2019

A recap of a busy first 2 weeks of the NHL offseason.

The annual NHL awards saw Dallas Stars forward Tyler Seguin clean up, taking home the Art Ross Trophy for the most regular season points, the Maurice Richard Trophy for the most regular season goals, the Hart Memorial Trophy as the league's most valuable player, and the Lady Byng Memorial Trophy as the league's most sportsmanlike player.

The Vancouver Canucks won 2 awards. Unsurprisingly, Elias Pettersson took home the Calder Memorial Trophy as the NHL's rookie of the year as he led all rookies by a wide margin in scoring. The surprise of the evening, however, was when Bo Horvat was announced as the winner of the Ted Lindsay Award as the NHL's most valuable player as voted on by the NHLPA, beating out heavy favourite Tyler Seguin who scored 30 more points.

Art Ross Trophy - T. Seguin (DAL)
Hart Memorial Trophy - T. Seguin (DAL)
James Norris Memorial Trophy - S. Gostisbehere (PHI)
Lady Byng Memorial Trophy - T. Seguin (DAL)
Calder Memorial Trophy - E. Pettersson (VAN)
Conn Smythe Trophy - J. Benn (DAL)
Vezina Trophy - M. Jones (SJS)
William M. Jennings Trophy - M. Jones (SJS)
Bill Masterton Memorial Trophy - J. Manson (ANA)
Frank J. Selke Trophy - P. Bergeron (BOS)
Ted Lindsay Award - B. Horvat (VAN)
Maurice Richard Trophy - T. Seguin (DAL)

18 players announced their retirements prior to the NHL entry draft.

PlayerGPGAP
Orpik, Brooks106017170187
Gaborik, Marian1035407408815
Stajan, Matt1003146267413
Cammalleri, Mike927298350648
Ward, Joel806139184323
McLeod, Cody7597255127
Hendricks, Matt6635864122
Gilbert, Tom65545178223
Moulson, Matt650176193369
Malone, Ryan647179191370
Franzen, Johan602187183370
Miller, Drew5716260122
Booth, David530124112236
Gionta, Stephen296164056
Perrin, Eric2453272104
Strachan, Tyson18611920
Benoit, Andre181113748
Paetsch, Nathan16773542
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Colorado won the draft lottery with Ottawa's 1st round pick acquired in the Matt Duchene trade, allowing them to select first overall. The Rangers and Carolina were drawn to select second and third overall, which dropped last place Arizona to 4th overall.

As a result of the draft lottery results, Vancouver dropped from 10th overall to 13th overall.

Colorado used the first overall selection to select defenseman Nicholas Backman from TPS of Liiga.

DraftTeamPlayer
1COL (via OTT)N. Backman
2NYRB. Byram
3CARG. Kearns
4ARIP. Boguniecki
5DETK. Kakko
6MTLK. Dach
7BUFP. Broberg
8CGYD. Cozens
9BUF (via STL)M. Vukojevic
10LAKP. Krebs
11EDM (via COL)W. Rosehill
12COL (via EDM)V. Perezhogin
13VANV. Soderstrom
14NYIR. Suzuki
15CBJR. Lavoie
16VGKH. Nikkanen
17WPGL. Ahonen
18NSHV. Suhonen
19MINM. Guskov
20WSHN. Anisimov
21ANAM. Robertson
22PHIS. Poulin
23PITA. Henry
24TBLV. Jass
25NJDN. Foote
26CHIJ. Pukka
27TORM. Chubarov
28CAR (via FLA)M. Rupp
29BUF (via SJS)D. Strome
30BOSA. Novikov
31DALS. Mutala
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
There were two trades at the draft. The first saw Edmonton move up 1 spot to 11th overall from 12th, giving up a 2020 3rd round pick in the process.

2019-06-23To EDM2019 1st (11)To COL2019 1st (12), 2020 3rd
2019-06-23To ARI2019 2nd (55)To NYRC. Pickard, 2020 3rd, 2019 6th (156)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Vancouver selected Swedish defender Victor Soderstrom from Brynas of the SHL with their first selection and their later picks were heavily Russian.

PickPlayerTeam (League)
13V. Soderstrom (D)Brynas IF (SHL)
41I. Likhachev (F)Gatineau (QMJHL)
72J. Bellamy (D)Sherbrooke (QMJHL)
103M. Goddard (F)N/A (USA East)
134P. Gogolev (F)Peterborough (OHL)
165L. Starikov (D)Windsor (OHL)
175D. Goldobin (G)N/A (Russia)
196Y. Vorobev (F)N/A (Russia)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Last edited:

JLT

Jan 7, 2019
I feel like Quinton Byfield doesn't have a high enough rating... Look at how good this guy is for a 16-year-old...

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
2018-2019 end of year notes
Henrik+Lundqvist+Philadelphia+Flyers+v+New+BRpw-aQAntUl.jpg

As the curtain fell on the Rangers season last night you could not help but think: "Things are looking up". Yes that seems to be the vide around the team after a promising season that saw them lost in 5 games to the Boston Bruins in the second round of the playoffs. The team finished the season with a 43-32-7 record good for 93 points.

Things are looking ever better if you consider that the Rangers traded away Kevin Hayes at the deadline, to Nashville for their 2020 2nd round pick and a 2021 3rd. Brett Howden finished the season in Hayes's spot on the 3rd line and performed admirably. The Rangers also made another trade at the deadline sending Adam McQuaid to the Jets in exchange for their 2019 2nd and a 2020 3rd, Freddie Claesson took McQuiad's spot in the lineup. So all things considered, the Rangers were able to get younger, gain some assets for players who did not fit their plans, and not only did they make the playoffs but they won a round. All in all, it was a successful season for the Rangers.

GM Martin Ward spoke to us briefly about the season:

"I think that we took a few steps forward this year, no doubt in my mind about that. We gained assets for guys who aren't in our plans and who weren't going to resign. To then go out and make the playoffs, it's great. I am really happy with our guys and the experience they gained will be invaluable. "

It is unclear what the team's plans are for the draft and free agency, the Rangers own the 18th pick and have 11 total in the draft. The team projects to have over 20M in cap space, but must re-sign several players including: Neal Pionk, Anthony Duclair, Tony De Angelo, Pavel Buchenevich, and Anthony Duclair amongst others. Duclair is coming off a career year in which he scored 51 points (21G,30A) and will surely be looking for a raise on the 800k he made last year.

In other news Rangers rookie F Derek Giroux finished second in Calder voting, he was beat out by Canucks phenom Elias Pettersson. Giroux led the team in scoring with 30 goals and 31 assists, he has 2 years left on his entry level contract.

In other new the Rangers are rumoured to be one of the front runners for Blues winger Vladimir Tarasenko, any trade for him would likely involve a first round pick and a younger player like Giroux or Duclair, other possible assets that could be moved include Brett Howden and Filip Chytil.

-The Rangers will be looking to draft 2-3 goalies minimum according to a team source, the team feels an urgent need to find a heir to Lundqvist.

-GM Ward is reportedly planning to be a major plash at the draft and will be a player in free agency, the Rangers have over 20M in cap space at the moment.

-Derek Giroux said he is thrilled with his first season but intends to be better next year and wants to win the number 1C job full time, he battled Mika Zibenejad for it all year and says the 2 have a friendly rivalry going.

-Kevin Shattenkirk is said to be attracting interest from other teams, he put up 48pts this year and is signed for another 2 seasons at 6.6M, he would help any teams power play and is rumoured to not feature in the teams plans and they seek to get young on the blue line.
20_kreider,_chris_(3)_2018-10-10.jpg

-A team source said the team is looking to add at least 1 top 6 forward during the off-season and 2 top 4 defenceman, they also stated that one of Vlad Namestikov and Chris Kreider will be moved, possibly both.

For the Athletic, I'm Walter White.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
Is it just me, or do low rated prospects (specifically low top 6 f and low top 4 d) seem to develop better in 19 than in 18 (I play with morale off, by the way)?

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Is it just me, or do low rated prospects (specifically low top 6 f and low top 4 d) seem to develop better in 19 than in 18 (I play with morale off, by the way)?
They usually turn out good if they already had a relatively high overall coming. Don't think I've seen any one that started in the 50s or low 60s that were anything other than possibly a 4th liner. On some rare occasion potential increases but its hard to notice when there is no notification when it does. The only reason I know it can is because Lafreniere became medium franchise when he was high elite when drafted.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
They usually turn out good if they already had a relatively high overall coming. Don't think I've seen any one that started in the 50s or low 60s that were anything other than possibly a 4th liner. On some rare occasion potential increases but its hard to notice when there is no notification when it does. The only reason I know it can is because Lafreniere became medium franchise when he was high elite when drafted.
Thank you. Because I noticed in NHL 18, if I had a player that was, for example, 73 overall at 19 years old, and another player that was 65 overall at 19 years old (both low top 4 d or low top 6 f), the player with the lower overall would tend to develop into a better player. Obviously, a 55 overall player at 19 would rarely develop into something better than a 77 overall player at 19 (at the same potential) but yea. You get the idea. Lower (but not too low) overall players (from the beginning) would generally develop into better players than higher overall players (from the start).

Also, I like using the low top 6/low top 4 potential, because it’s very close to real life potential for many players. But in NHL 18, players with that potential would reach a maximum overall of 81-82, and rarely became top 6 forwards or top 4 defensemen. It shouldn’t be like that. They should make at least a small percentage of those players become 2nd liners or 2nd pairing defensemen. I’m still relatively new to NHL 19, so do you know if that is fixed or not?

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Thank you. Because I noticed in NHL 18, if I had a player that was, for example, 73 overall at 19 years old, and another player that was 65 overall at 19 years old (both low top 4 d or low top 6 f), the player with the lower overall would tend to develop into a better player. Obviously, a 55 overall player at 19 would rarely develop into something better than a 77 overall player at 19 (at the same potential) but yea. You get the idea. Lower (but not too low) overall players (from the beginning) would generally develop into better players than higher overall players (from the start).

Also, I like using the low top 6/low top 4 potential, because it’s very close to real life potential for many players. But in NHL 18, players with that potential would reach a maximum overall of 81-82, and rarely became top 6 forwards or top 4 defensemen. It shouldn’t be like that. They should make at least a small percentage of those players become 2nd liners or 2nd pairing defensemen. I’m still relatively new to NHL 19, so do you know if that is fixed or not?
Yeah guys who have higher overalls will usually end up better from what I've seen and being med elite or franchise doesn't necessarily guarantee a good player if they are horribly low. One med franchise goalie was 40ish overall and was only a 77 later on so basically just an AHL goalie or a backup if one got hurt. Though top 10 picks that are med elite and should already be 70ish will always be good players.

Reactions: Buchnevich89

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010
Alexis Lafreniere is a franchise mode BEAST. Draft him if you can. Give up any and all assets it takes to require him. He's incredible.
Edmonton won the lottery in mine, drafted him 1st overall. How do you think he'll do on McJesus's wing?

Donuts

Nov 7, 2014
does this game have custome season/franchise length.

play way less than 82 games without having to sim

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010

Franchise Mode - Vancouver Canucks - 2019 Offseason

June 30, 2019

The Vancouver Canucks successfully re-signed all of their remaining free agents this week highlighted by a 3-year, $15.3M contract extension for restricted free agent Brock Boeser and a 2-year, $7.15M extension for long-time Canucks defensemen Alexander Edler.

PlayerSalaryYearsTotal Contract
Pouliot, Derrick$3.825M4 years$15.300M
Boeser, Brock$5.100M3 years$15.300M
Edler, Alexander$3.575M2 years$7.150M
Hutton, Ben$1.950M2 years$3.900M
Goldobin, Nikolay$1.550M2 years$3.100M
Nilsson, Anders$1.200M2 years$2.400M
Brassard, Matt$0.750M3 years$2.250M
Gunnarsson, Kristoffer$0.700M3 years$2.100M
Del Zotto, Michael$1.025M2 years$2.050M
Leivo, Josh$0.925M2 years$1.850M
Gaunce, Brendan$1.350M1 years$1.350M
Demko, Thatcher$1.025M1 years$1.025M
Motte, Tyler$0.825M1 years$0.825M
Archibald, Darren$0.775M1 years$0.775M
Boucher, Reid$0.775M1 years$0.775M
Granlund, Markus$0.775M1 years$0.775M
Kero, Tanner$0.700M1 years$0.700M
Laplante, Yan-Pavel$0.700M1 years$0.700M
McEneny, Evan$0.700M1 years$0.700M
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

July 1, 2019

Artemi Panarin and the Columbus Blue Jackets were unable to reach an agreement and the Russian superstar will headline the free agency market today.

July 2, 2019

The Buffalo Sabres went all-in yesterday, signing 3 players to a combined $92.9M in contracts, including the biggest fish in the pond, Artemi Panarin, who signed a 6-year, $43.47M contract with the Sabres. Tyler Myers re-joins the team that drafted him on a 6-year, $25.65M deal and Jakob Silfverberg signed a 5-year, $23.75M contract.

The rebuilding Vancouver Canucks held steady on the free agency front on July 1.

September 1, 2019

The NHL pre-season is 2 weeks away, young stars tournaments are under way, and players who weren't signed during free agency are hoping to prove their worth with tryout contracts.

Here's a look back at the signings and transactions that occurred in the NHL over the summer.

PlayerTeamAAVYearsTotal Contract
A. StralmanARI$4.775M1 years$4.775M
C. DeSmithARI$1.155M2 years$2.310M
M. MethotARI$1.820M1 years$1.820M
B. LovejoyARI$1.500M1 years$1.500M
D. Smith-PellyARI$1.040M1 years$1.040M
T. VanekBOS$2.675M1 years$2.675M
A. MontoyaBOS$1.285M1 years$1.285M
L. SchennBOS$0.930M1 years$0.930M
A. PanarinBUF$7.245M6 years$43.470M
T. MyersBUF$4.275M6 years$25.650M
J. SilfverbergBUF$4.750M5 years$23.750M
R. PanikCAR$2.750M3 years$8.250M
B. ConnollyCAR$2.730M1 years$2.730M
J. WilliamsCAR$2.675M1 years$2.675M
R. SheahanCAR$1.350M1 years$1.350M
C. HagelinCBJ$1.835M2 years$3.670M
M. LetestuCBJ$2.060M1 years$2.060M
D. GirardiCGY$2.000M2 years$4.000M
P. MrazekCGY$1.645M1 years$1.645M
M. ZuccarelloCHI$4.825M1 years$4.825M
J. DonskoiCHI$1.940M2 years$3.880M
P. MaroonCOL$2.700M2 years$5.400M
B. CoburnCOL$2.075M2 years$4.150M
K. LehtonenCOL$1.575M2 years$3.150M
D. EngellandCOL$1.755M1 years$1.755M
J. HayesCOL$1.175M1 years$1.175M
J. MartinookCOL$1.025M1 years$1.025M
A. VermetteCOL$1.000M1 years$1.000M
J. BennDAL$1.010M2 years$2.020M
C. PickardDAL$1.245M1 years$1.245M
K. HayesDET$4.725M6 years$28.350M
J. SkinnerDET$6.980M1 years$6.980M
A. SustrDET$2.205M2 years$4.410M
T. BrouwerDET$1.125M1 years$1.125M
J. RuttaEDM$2.420M2 years$4.840M
B. TanevEDM$1.075M1 years$1.075M
D. BrassardFLA$4.250M4 years$17.000M
R. HainseyFLA$2.125M1 years$2.125M
M. PaajarviFLA$1.050M1 years$1.050M
J. GardinerMTL$4.725M1 years$4.725M
R. MillerMTL$1.705M2 years$3.410M
C. WardMTL$1.615M1 years$1.615M
B. PouliotMTL$1.455M1 years$1.455M
P. NemethNJD$2.385M3 years$7.155M
A. McQuaidNJD$2.780M2 years$5.560M
M. HutchinsonNJD$1.235M1 years$1.235M
C. WidemanNSH$1.850M3 years$5.550M
T. PyattNYI$1.360M1 years$1.360M
N. KronwallNYR$2.495M2 years$4.990M
T. KuhnhacklNYR$1.075M1 years$1.075M
M. FerlandOTT$4.375M5 years$21.875M
Z. CharaOTT$3.225M1 years$3.225M
B. ChiarotOTT$1.485M2 years$2.970M
T. HeedOTT$1.260M2 years$2.520M
M. KoskinenOTT$1.225M2 years$2.450M
A. AndreoffOTT$1.020M1 years$1.020M
A. PetrovicPHI$2.725M3 years$8.175M
J. PavelskiPHI$5.095M1 years$5.095M
L. SbisaPHI$2.470M2 years$4.940M
M. KrugerSTL$1.605M1 years$1.605M
D. GrantSTL$1.200M1 years$1.200M
J. LarssonVGK$1.475M1 years$1.475M
B. GibbonsVGK$1.350M1 years$1.350M
N. JensenVGK$1.050M1 years$1.050M
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

2019-08-02To NJD2020 1st, 2020 2ndTo NYRS. Vatanen, A. McQuaid
2019-08-06To NJDN. Kronwall, R. Strome, 2020 4thTo NYRP. Zacha
2019-08-07To MTLC. Ingram, G. Fortier, 2020 2ndTo TBLC. Ward, 2020 2nd
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

October 1, 2019

The Vancouver Canucks made their final roster cuts yesterday ahead of the deadline. Erik Gudbranson and Tim Schaller found their way to the Utica Comets, Vancouver's AHL affiliate. Gudbranson spent all of last season with the Comets, despite a $4M cap hit. Schaller appeared in just 19 games in his inaugural season for the Canucks last year, registering 4 points. Both players were placed on waivers and cleared.

Rookies Thatcher Demko and Kole Lind have made the team out of training camp. Demko, who started the majority of games for Utica last season, is considered amongst the top goaltending prospects and will push Jacob Markstrom for the starting job. Anders Nilsson was placed on waivers and cleared and will be penciled in as Utica's starter. Lind appears to have substantially improved his play over the summer. He was a depth player for Utica last season, generally playing on the 3rd line with limited powerplay time.

Last edited:

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010

Franchise Mode - Vancouver Canucks - 2019/2020 Regular Season

February 28, 2020

The Canucks find themselves in a familiar position, flirting with .500 on the season with a 30-30-3 record, if only due to rookie Thatcher Demko's stellar goaltending. The Canucks scoring dried up early in the season, with Brock Boeser leading the team with 11 points through the team's first 20 games. The team caught fire coming out of the all-star break, accruing a 9-game point streak (8-0-1) before losing Brock Boeser and Bo Horvat to injury and losing 4 of the last 5 games heading into the trade deadline.

The Canucks reportedly looked at some trade offers but decided not to pull the trigger on any.

The trade deadline was quiet once again, with no trades at the deadline and only a single trade made in the week prior to the deadline, which saw San Jose re-acquire Charlie Coyle from Minnesota alongside Josh Brown and Eric Fehr in exchange for a pick and a prospect.

2020-01-20To NSHN. Jensen, 2021 2ndTo VGKB. Berkhoel, 2020 2nd, 2021 3rd
2020-02-07To BUFC. GunnarssonTo STL2021 3rd
2020-02-14To BUFB. HuntTo OTTR. Morozov, 2020 7th
2020-02-16To FLAJ. Gardiner, D. Schlemko, N. DeslauriersTo MTLJ. Jokela, 2020 1st
2020-02-17To BUFB. Nelson, 2021 2nd, 2 othersTo NYIM. Scandella, 2021 2nd, 2021 2nd
2020-02-18To DET2020 1stTo TORJ. Ericsson, 2021 2nd, 2020 4th
2020-02-18To NJDJ. Merrill, 2021 3rdTo VGKJ. Boqvist, 2020 4th
2020-02-20To MING. Rubtsov, 2020 1st, 2021 3rdTo PHIJ. Spurgeon, 2021 2nd
2020-02-22To MINS. Chmelevski, 2020 3rdTo SJSC. Coyle, J. Brown, E. Fehr
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

April 7, 2019

The Vancouver Canucks missed the playoffs once again, losing ground from their previous season. The Canucks finished with a 36-40-6 record with one of the worst offenses in the league capped off with the least effective powerplay in the league.

Despite the scoring woes, rookie goaltender Thatcher Demko had an impressive season compiling a 26-28-5 record over 60 starts, a 0.919 Sv%, a 2.52 GAA, and 5 shutouts.

Brock Boeser led the team in scoring with 28 goals and 32 points in 77 games.

The Los Angeles Kings won the Presidents' Trophy with 111 points and the Montreal Canadiens finished at the bottom of the standings, which means they have the best opportunity in the draft lottery to draft Quebec kid and expected first overall pick, Alexis Lafreniere.

Record36-40-6 (27th)
Goals For180 (30th)
Goals Against219 (20th)
PP%14.8% (31st)
PK%82.0% (11th)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
PlayerGPGAP
Boeser, Brock77283260
Pettersson, Elias82153651
Eriksson, Loui82142741
Baertschi, Sven80172239
Horvat, Bo64162238
Gagner, Sam79111930
Lind, Kole82101929
Stecher, Troy7981321
Virtanen, Jake8281220
Edler, Alexander8241620
Pouliot, Derrick8211819
Sutter, Brandon7881018
Roussel, Antoine8214418
Granlund, Markus8041317
Tanev, Christopher8021517
Hutton, Ben8211415
Beagle, Jay828614
Del Zotto, Michael823710
Goldobin, Nikolay29639
Gaunce, Brendan11213
Biega, Alex5022
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
GoaltenderWLOTLSOSv%GAA
Demko, Thatcher2628550.9192.52
Markstrom, Jacob1012100.9102.79
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Willy1964

Sep 6, 2018

Franchise Mode - Vancouver Canucks - 2019/2020 Regular Season

February 28, 2020

The Canucks find themselves in a familiar position, flirting with .500 on the season with a 30-30-3 record, if only due to rookie Thatcher Demko's stellar goaltending. The Canucks scoring dried up early in the season, with Brock Boeser leading the team with 11 points through the team's first 20 games. The team caught fire coming out of the all-star break, accruing a 9-game point streak (8-0-1) before losing Brock Boeser and Bo Horvat to injury and losing 4 of the last 5 games heading into the trade deadline.

The Canucks reportedly looked at some trade offers but decided not to pull the trigger on any.

The trade deadline was quiet once again, with no trades at the deadline and only a single trade made in the week prior to the deadline, which saw San Jose re-acquire Charlie Coyle from Minnesota alongside Josh Brown and Eric Fehr in exchange for a pick and a prospect.

2020-01-20To NSHN. Jensen, 2021 2ndTo VGKB. Berkhoel, 2020 2nd, 2021 3rd
2020-02-07To BUFC. GunnarssonTo STL2021 3rd
2020-02-14To BUFB. HuntTo OTTR. Morozov, 2020 7th
2020-02-16To FLAJ. Gardiner, D. Schlemko, N. DeslauriersTo MTLJ. Jokela, 2020 1st
2020-02-17To BUFB. Nelson, 2021 2nd, 2 othersTo NYIM. Scandella, 2021 2nd, 2021 2nd
2020-02-18To DET2020 1stTo TORJ. Ericsson, 2021 2nd, 2020 4th
2020-02-18To NJDJ. Merrill, 2021 3rdTo VGKJ. Boqvist, 2020 4th
2020-02-20To MING. Rubtsov, 2020 1st, 2021 3rdTo PHIJ. Spurgeon, 2021 2nd
2020-02-22To MINS. Chmelevski, 2020 3rdTo SJSC. Coyle, J. Brown, E. Fehr
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

April 7, 2019

The Vancouver Canucks missed the playoffs once again, losing ground from their previous season. The Canucks finished with a 36-40-6 record with one of the worst offenses in the league capped off with the least effective powerplay in the league.

Despite the scoring woes, rookie goaltender Thatcher Demko had an impressive season compiling a 26-28-5 record over 60 starts, a 0.919 Sv%, a 2.52 GAA, and 5 shutouts.

Brock Boeser led the team in scoring with 28 goals and 32 points in 77 games.

The Los Angeles Kings won the Presidents' Trophy with 111 points and the Montreal Canadiens finished at the bottom of the standings, which means they have the best opportunity in the draft lottery to draft Quebec kid and expected first overall pick, Alexis Lafreniere.

Record36-40-6 (27th)
Goals For180 (30th)
Goals Against219 (20th)
PP%14.8% (31st)
PK%82.0% (11th)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
PlayerGPGAP
Boeser, Brock77283260
Pettersson, Elias82153651
Eriksson, Loui82142741
Baertschi, Sven80172239
Horvat, Bo64162238
Gagner, Sam79111930
Lind, Kole82101929
Stecher, Troy7981321
Virtanen, Jake8281220
Edler, Alexander8241620
Pouliot, Derrick8211819
Sutter, Brandon7881018
Roussel, Antoine8214418
Granlund, Markus8041317
Tanev, Christopher8021517
Hutton, Ben8211415
Beagle, Jay828614
Del Zotto, Michael823710
Goldobin, Nikolay29639
Gaunce, Brendan11213
Biega, Alex5022
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
GoaltenderWLOTLSOSv%GAA
Demko, Thatcher2628550.9192.52
Markstrom, Jacob1012100.9102.79
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

This is exactly what is missing in this game. A kind of newspaper and much better stats including individual player stats. Such things would give this game life and a spirit of NHL.

Emery

Jul 18, 2011
Ottawa
:nhl

Fredericton Warriors 2018-2019 Season

As February rolled around, the Fredericton Warriors found themselves 32nd in the NHL, as many expected. Their play has fallen off of the pace they displayed in the opening quarter of their inaugural campaign. Focus shifted to potential moves as the Trade Deadline looms closer. GM Daniel Alfredsson would stick to his promise of not dismantling his roster during the team's first year. On February 3rd, struggling winger Marcus Foligno, alongside Arizona's 5th round pick, was shipped to the Nashville Predators in exchange for the Predators' own 5th rounder. "We thank Marcus for his time here, and felt he deserved a fresh start, which Nashville will be able to provide" Alfredsson remarked.

To :nashville
LW Marcus Foligno (2 yrs. 2.875 per, 24gp 0g 1a 1pts -10)
2019 ARI 5th rd pick

To Fredericton
2019 NSH 5th rd pick​

Foligno's struggles paired with his contract made him a hard sell in trade talks. About 3 weeks later on February 21st, Alfredsson swung a deal involving defenceman Dmitry Kulikov. The Warriors sent Kulikov alongside the recently acquired Nashville 5th rounder to the Toronto Maple Leafs, getting the Maple Leafs' 3rd and 5th round selections in return. "We wish Dmitry the best with Toronto, and are happy to expand our pool of picks for the upcoming draft" Alfredsson said.

To :leafs
D Dmitry Kulikov (1 yr. 4.335 per 59gp 4g 12a 16pts -7)
2019 NSH 5th rd pick

To Fredericton
2019 TOR 3rd rd pick
2019 TOR 5th rd pick​

Kulikov's play garnered interest from other teams, as Toronto came forth with the offer. Fredericton now has 9 picks in the 2019 Draft, a positive sign for the future of the team. As the Trade Deadline came, Fredericton's record sat at a dismal 22-32-9, last in the League. Fredericton swung a single deal on deadline day, trading centre Brandon Sutter to Carolina for the Canes' 4th round pick in 2019. "We hope for nothing but the best for Brandon as he returns to the city he began his career in" Alfredsson said.

To :canes
C Brandon Sutter (2 yrs. 4.375 per 36gp 3g 4a 7pts -5)

To Fredericton
2019 CAR 4th rd pick​

Sutter, like Foligno, had been banished to the press box after struggling in the first half of the season. GM Alfredsson stuck to his promise of keeping his team intact, while adding 2 more draft picks in the process. Fredericton would win just 5 of their last 19 games, finishing the season last overall with a 27-45-10 record. "We're happy with the steps we took this season, and are focused on building a foundation for the coming years" Alfredsson said. Below you may find the player statistics from the 1st season in Fredericton Warriors history.

Player
GP
G
A
PTS
+/-
Bobby Ryan
Brett Connolly
Colton Sissons
Andrew Cogliano
Boone Jenner
Jordan Weal
Anton Stralman
Riley Sheahan
Jason Demers
Curtis Lazar
Jordan Martinook
Patrik Berglund
Brandon Manning
+5
Mackenzie Weegar
Byron Froese
Michael Mersch
+4
Patrik Nemeth
Trevor Moore
Martin Marincin
Al Montoya
19-24-6
2.69 GAA
.915 SP%
2 SO
----
Keith Kinkaid
9-24-4
2.46 GAA
.919 SP%
4 SO
----
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Fredericton’s AHL affiliate, the Burnaby Aces, posted a 37-38-7 record in their debut season. Chris Terry led the Aces in scoring with 33 goals and 64 points. The Warriors showed flashes of a strong team at times in their inaugural effort, but would see scoring become their downfall, unable to assist the strong goaltending of Montoya and Kinkaid. With a guaranteed top 4 selection at the 2019 draft, Fredericton will look to add another top prospect after selecting Ukrainian defender Valeri Korolev 5th overall last summer.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad