NHL 19 Franchise Mode Thread

Chalfdiggity3

Feb 4, 2010
NJ
They haven’t played a game in the NHL. Doesn’t matter.

What are you talking about? That doesnt make a difference. They sign their elc and they are a part of the NHL. Dont be dumb. All the draft picks from this year are even a part of the franchise if you look at in the system

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
What are you talking about? That doesnt make a difference. They sign their elc and they are a part of the NHL. Dont be dumb. All the draft picks from this year are even a part of the franchise if you look at in the system
You clearly have no idea what you’re talking about. Hughes is the only exception, I’m assuming because he signed a separate deal for them to not have to wait.

The guys you mentioned never played in the NHL. Quinn Hughes wasn’t even in the game until he played in the NHL, for example. Makar, etc.

They have to play in the NHL. It’s always been that way.

Simply put, EA doesn’t have licensing agreements with the KHL or NCAA. We don’t know the exact deal with the NHL, but with the exception of Hughes this year and maybe select stars in previous years, they’ve ALWAYS had to play a game in the NHL before being put into the game.

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
How do you get updated prospects for potential drafts coming up? I’ve seen posters talk about Lafreniere!

I know that in NBA2K you can share and upload rosters/prospects before each draft but can you do the same with EA?

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
How do you get updated prospects for potential drafts coming up? I’ve seen posters talk about Lafreniere!

I know that in NBA2K you can share and upload rosters/prospects before each draft but can you do the same with EA?
No.

Lafreniere is already in the game.

jgimp

Sep 18, 2017
Ripley, Ont

He’s right. They normally need to play a game in the NHL before they are added. There are other stipulations as well. They need to sign a release and if they miss a pile of time (Conor Timmins for example) they are removed.
Apart from guys like Hughes, they likely won’t have pictures either.
And be a little more polite next time! Jesus

Reactions: Wats

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
So, who's not in the game, yet?! or who/what prospects should be added, that you guys know of? I have over 50+ created players last year. I'm going to start editing my rosters soon here, usually go through a couple of week grind and update everything to my satisfaction.

Shesty31

Jul 10, 2011
Connecticut
Potentially stupid question, but prior to this year you usually would hold off on signing prospects because their contracts would count against your 50. But now with these separate contracts, is there any benefit anymore to not signing your prospects immediately?

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
I don’t have the game yet, but I have a question before buying it. Are created players still broken? That is, do they all still take 300+ shots a season, resulting in a ridiculous number of goals? I go with realism over arcade when I play franchise, and creating a guy like K’Andre Miller, who doesn’t have the greatest shot, doesn’t make sense when he gets like 15 goals and 10 assists a year. I try to lower every created player’s shot rating to account for the high volume of shots they will be taking, but it’s a hassle and I think it ruins development and stuff like that.

HeartsAlive

Apr 11, 2013
Potentially stupid question, but prior to this year you usually would hold off on signing prospects because their contracts would count against your 50. But now with these separate contracts, is there any benefit anymore to not signing your prospects immediately?

Yeah. After they are out of the CHL they will start counting against your limit, so you don't want to sign them all and have them flood your team when they all age out of the CHL. And it only affects CHL players, so you can still hold off on euros/USA prospects until they are AHL ready.

The best effect is that it frees up CPU roster spots at the trade deadline.

Zezel22

Mar 9, 2018
You clearly have no idea what you’re talking about. Hughes is the only exception, I’m assuming because he signed a separate deal for them to not have to wait.

The guys you mentioned never played in the NHL. Quinn Hughes wasn’t even in the game until he played in the NHL, for example. Makar, etc.

They have to play in the NHL. It’s always been that way.

Simply put, EA doesn’t have licensing agreements with the KHL or NCAA. We don’t know the exact deal with the NHL, but with the exception of Hughes this year and maybe select stars in previous years, they’ve ALWAYS had to play a game in the NHL before being put into the game.

Do preseason games count?

MillanDynasty

Oct 6, 2015
Montreal
Interested in knowing if there's still the horrendous glitch where a goalie steals the Hart Memorial and Ted Lindsay trophies by having an utterly unrealistic season like :

75 Games Played
14 Wins
55 Losses
6 Overtime Losses
3 Goals Allowed
.998 SV%

That crap has been happening all the time in my NHL 19 franchise mode.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
Interested in knowing if there's still the horrendous glitch where a goalie steals the Hart Memorial and Ted Lindsay trophies by having an utterly unrealistic season like :

75 Games Played
14 Wins
55 Losses
6 Overtime Losses
3 Goals Allowed
.998 SV%

That crap has been happening all the time in my NHL 19 franchise mode.

Have never had that happen in either my 19 or 20 franchises yet, weird

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad