NHL 19 Franchise Mode Thread

kinger8998

Apr 5, 2015
Nova Scotia
so, got my options down to:
- chicago (bowman is next)
- edmonton (chirelli is next)
- st louis (armstrong is next)
- arizona special edition ... done this before but retain 3 roster players and all prospects, then "draft" a player from each team basing off a "what would be" expansion list
- detroit (hollands been around to long lol)
- complete shakeup and fantasy draft for no reason at all, will play as team that sits 15th overall in draft standings (middle ground)

got one vote for chicago .... anyone else want to have a say?

Reactions: Cygnusx1018

ted2019

History of Hockey
Oct 3, 2008
pittsgrove nj
- arizona special edition ... done this before but retain 3 roster players and all prospects, then "draft" a player from each team basing off a "what would be" expansion list
- complete shakeup and fantasy draft for no reason at all, will play as team that sits 15th overall in draft standings (middle ground)

Flyers

Hockey Rush

Feb 22, 2018

I would do the Vancouver. If I had to pick one out of the ones you listed though. STL would be my go too.

Hockey Rush

Feb 22, 2018
The only stat I've seen receive natural growth after 27 is poise (very rarely), I saw Olli juolevi gain one point in poise at age 29.

However statistical growth is possible (if he plays in the NHL) up until retirement. Though gudbranson would need to put up a season similar to what you'd expect to see from a good 82-84 for him to reach that level. More likely you could probably get him up to a 78-80 if he plays well.
Thank you for that insight!

Hockey Rush

Feb 22, 2018
It looks like Gudbranson has gone up to 77 overall from his original 76 overall. I went out and tried Ladue from LA but after a game. I didn't notice a sizable difference in him and Gudbranson. So I went with a younger player I had been targeting a while in Phillippe Myers. He's 75 Overall right now at age 22 but looks to have some real promise. I plugged him in for the first game and he seemed a little timid to start the game but by the third, he was skating faster and looked a lot more determined. I'm going to rock Myers / Gudbranson for the playoffs in that #6 hole.

My forward lines atm are:

Gourde - Krejci - Granlund (3rd OA TWF draft pick)
Connolly - Barbashev - Williams
Nyquist - Lehkonen - B. Ritchie
McGinn - Pyatt - Eaves

Both my first and second lines get jump-started whenever I put Granlund on them. Gourde and Krejci really seem to take off with his speed, vision and forechecking but when I take him off the 2nd line they go cold. I was going to try and move Nyquist for a first line winger but I opted to rather invest in Myer. I have Weal in the AHL on my top line. He has the speed and hockey IQ to possibly play on my first line. I have exhausted every combination imaginable. I gave Eaves a 2-year contract extension mid-season and his play has suffered since. He seems to be scratched more often than not. I may call up Weal to try him with Gourde and Krejci but he is a PPG player and league leader in points in the AHL. I don't really want to gut my farm team because I have some key prospects down there but it may need to happen if I want to legitimately contend. I have Gibbons back in the lineup on the 2nd line now with Conolly on the fourth. My team's ability to score is so inconsistent yet we manage to have a slight edge in the league points race.

Korpisalo has been instrumental in our teams success to date. He has a 1.09 GAA and a .925 SV%. Bernier is a solid backup but his numbers are more league average in the .910 SV%. On D we have:

Dunn - Stralman
Alzner - Braun
Bealieau - Myers

(spare D Gudbranson/Oesterle)

Our AHL development is very important. We are the top team in the AHL as well but with a rather veteran laiden roster. Next season I'm going to follow the NHL rules of no more then 5 players over the age of 25 or whatever it is. (need to look up the rule). In the AHL we got Zboril, Ylönen, and a few of other nhl drafted bodies.) Does anyone know if the USA college season plays a full 60-80 games? I have a stud D from the last draft (2018) a 5th Overall guy name Bruin. He is dominating USA region with a PPG pace playing 25 mins a night. He's 70 OA. I'd like to assign him to my AHL club when his season is over. Does the USA season end when the NHL does or sooner? anyone know.

Hockey Rush

Feb 22, 2018
To sum up the question I asked above. (since that's a long read lol)

Do we know how long the USA season is for college kids in NHL 19? Real life its like 40-60 something games or something isn't it?

I would like to bring over my 5th overall D from college to my AHL club when his season concludes. Does anyone know when they stop playing in the US region or do they play a full 82 schedule in this game?

Last edited:

Cygnusx1018

Jul 17, 2017

The Oil

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey

Oilers

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010
Our AHL development is very important. We are the top team in the AHL as well but with a rather veteran laiden roster. Next season I'm going to follow the NHL rules of no more then 5 players over the age of 25 or whatever it is. (need to look up the rule).
What is the AHL’s development rule?
In the AHL, player development is a top priority. The American Hockey League and the Professional Hockey Players’ Association have the following development rule in place:
Of the 18 skaters (not counting two goaltenders) that teams may dress for a game, at least 13 must be qualified as “development players.” Of those 13, 12 must have played in 260 or fewer professional games (including AHL, NHL and European elite leagues), and one must have played in 320 or fewer professional games. All calculations for development status are based on regular-season totals as of the start of the season.
You can view a player's career stats for the AHL and NHL by opening his player card and pressing X (PS4) on the Player Overview section. Unfortunately, European league stats aren't tracked (though, if you drafted the player out of Europe, you can probably make note of how many games they played if you really want to get realistic).

Kellogs

G'night Sweet Prince
Dec 23, 2008
Ottawa
I find scouting a little tedious, if a scout is in his region how accurate are his reports ?

Like if he’s a D scout.m but scouting the Q and has A+ for the Q ?

I read somewhere that the scout's overall rating affects how quickly they complete the scouting tasks. The way I see it, a scout's ratings forms the base of their ability, and then the region familiarity provides a boost to the base ratings.

Obviously it's optimal to combine a scout with a high ratings with high region familiarity. With the scouting budget, it's not always possible.

I don't micromanage my scouts, and haven't really had any issues with finding talent in the draft. All I've done is ensure that scouts are in regions with high familiarity (A or A+) and they easily catch several elite+ players in every single round of the draft.

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
I read somewhere that the scout's overall rating affects how quickly they complete the scouting tasks. The way I see it, a scout's ratings forms the base of their ability, and then the region familiarity provides a boost to the base ratings.

Obviously it's optimal to combine a scout with a high ratings with high region familiarity. With the scouting budget, it's not always possible.

I don't micromanage my scouts, and haven't really had any issues with finding talent in the draft. All I've done is ensure that scouts are in regions with high familiarity (A or A+) and they easily catch several elite+ players in every single round of the draft.
Do you just put find prospects ?

Hockey Rush

Feb 22, 2018
I just had my "funds" for building repairs run out. I have clearly not used the remaining $$ in other areas. I have it set for auto finance though and now I'm worried lol. Is the owner gonna be mad that we are letting the building fall apart? I still got 12 games left in the season and zero building repair cash lol. But it's on auto finance. I wish I could turn off building maintenance lol

edit: I had to turn finances on to adjust my budget. then turn it off again.
Fun times.

Last edited:

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
Can anyone help me with scouting? I just got NHL 19, and I find fog of war kind of tedious (I still like that I have the option of using it, though). I don’t want fog of war on for AHL and NHL players, but I want it on for drafting and prospects. Is that possible? And is there a way to speed up the scouting process? I saw a video on it, and it seems way too complicated. I will definitely scout manually later on, but for now, I just want to test franchise mode and see how some players develop. Thank you.

Kellogs

G'night Sweet Prince
Dec 23, 2008
Ottawa
Do you just put find prospects ?

In the bigger regions I’ll start with that for a few months to give me an indication of which prospects to focus, and then focus on players that might be elite by scouting their potential. In the smaller regions, just scout a large number of players individually for their potential.

I typically just check up on the scouts when you get the notification for the updated prospect rankings and make adjustments as needed to focus on finding elite+ players.

kinger8998

Apr 5, 2015
Nova Scotia
anyone know if theres a way to save progress on a post???

currently restarting the oilers GM i just finished first season of after losing another post ... i am the worst for that

ZedSe

Dec 19, 2018
I blew a 3-0 series lead in the final :ha:
That hurts, I’m finally back in the playoffs after 2 yrs out of it. Made the playoff as a 8th seed with 94 points. Just 2 ahead of the nr 9 spot. Lost my first gams in OT against Dallas after trailing 2-0 and after scoring the 2-2 goal with just 1:43. With 23 seconds to go in the third Dallas scores a crushing 3-2 goal, but I managed to equalize just 9 seconds later forcing the game in to overtime.

kinger8998

Apr 5, 2015
Nova Scotia
Edmonton Oilers Franchise Mode

thumb2-4k-edmonton-oilers-grunge-nhl-hockey.jpg

2018-2019 NHL Season

Preview

~ Salary Cap is on.
~ No trading into Top 3 of NHL Draft unless I have a pick from 4-6.*
~ No trading up more than 5 spots at any other time during 1st Round of Draft
~ May trade into 1st round but only from 15-31. *
~ No signing Free Agents if they require ELC, unless of American Descent citing college hockey holdout.
* - Unless using player of overall 88+.

images

BREAKING NEWS: Oilers fire Chiarelli, hire Brant King
After Peter Chiarelli failed to get the McDavid led Oilers to the Playoffs in 3 out of 4 seasons with the superstar, Edmonton brass decided to part ways with the veteran GM. To replace him, they pegged rookie GM Brant King as the man for the job. It was a move that shocked the hockey world, as building a team around McDavid must happen now, or else Edmonton risks their chance at a dynasty, something that is quite possibly with McDavid-Draisaitl as a Crosby/Malkin, Backstrom/Kuznetsov-esque punch down the middle. Elected to go with an inexperienced GM for the job is a risk that not many would be willing to take.

GM Brant King
I've heard the buzz. I know what I am. I don't have any experience, but I think that's a good thing. I bring a new point of view, a fresh face, to a franchise that has alot of the tools in house to do something special. Great ownership, Connor, Leon, Ryan. The depth of this team is a real strength. Maybe lacking some high-end wingers in the present, but we've got some guys who can fill that role in the future.

First Half of Season

LWCRW
Nugent-Hopkins 85McDavid 94Rattie 78
Caggiula 79Draisaitl 87Puljujarvi 78
Lucic 81Spooner 80Chiasson 82
Zykov 78Khaira 79Rieder 79
Kassian 78Brodziak 78
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
LDRD
Klefbom 84Larsson 83
Nurse 84Benning 80
Sekera 82Russell 79
Garrison 76
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
1A1B
Talbot 82Koskinen 82
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
images

BREAKING NEWS: Chiasson has Post Concussion Syndrome, out indefinitely
Nov. 1st, 2018
At some point during the third period of a game against the Chicago Blackhawks, Alex Chiasson suffered a concussion. The timetable for his return is unknown at this time.

Zack Kassian will enter the lineup for the first time this season in his absence.

images

BREAKING NEWS: Oilers head East looking to turn Season around
Nov. 3rd, 2018
Less than a month into the season, and the Oilers sit behind the 8-ball. With a record of 5-6-1, the Oilers sit 7th in the Pacific, just 1 point ahead of the Coyotes for last in their division.

Valentin Zykov leads the team with 9 points in 12 games in a surprising revelation.

images

BREAKING NEWS: Talbot injured, Skinner recalled
Nov. 13th, 2018
Goaltender Cam Talbot suffered a LBI in a game against the Montreal Canadiens Tuesday night. He will be out 2-3 weeks.

Stuart Skinner has been recalled from Bakersfield to back up Mikko Koskinen.

Heading into a stretch where 23 out of their next 25 games will be against Western Conference opponents, including 15 agaisnt Pacific Division rivals, the Oilers are at a crossroads in their season.

The begin 14 straight games against Western Conference opponents without Talbot on Saturday.

images

BREAKING NEWS: Oilers can't find stride, continue to be average
Dec. 14th, 2018
The Oilers come out of their 14 straight games, no better - or worse - than they did heading in; a good sign and a bad sign. The good: they didn't fall out of the Playoff race. The bad: they didn't gain on the playoff race, still hovering between 3-5 points out of a berth nearing the midpoint of the season.

Connor McDavid has struggled to recreate the past 2 seasons magic, with just 26 points in 32 games, not a shocking development considering the quality of his linemates most nights.

images

RecordHomeAwayGFPGGAPGPP%PK%DivisionConferenceLeaguePlayoffs?
19-21-17-13-012-8-12.37 (T-25th)2.95 (28th)15.9% (24th)77.4% (28)6th12th24thNo.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
images
images

GoalieRecordSV%GAASO
Cam Talbot11-10-1.9072.851
Mikko Koskinen8-11-0.9012.770
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Quick Hits
~ Getting below-average goaltending from both goaltenders is never a recipe for success, but the most blame doesn't fall here.

images

PlayerGPGAP+/-PIM
Oscar Klefbom4151520-322
Andrej Sekera4121214-64
Matt Benning32358-816
Adam Larsson41358-38
Darnell Nurse41268-818
Kris Russell41066+214
Jason Garrison9000-40
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Quick Hits
~ Oscar Klefbom is on pace for a career high in points and is proving to be a solid top pair defender
~ The rest of the defensive corps has been underwhelming, but still not the most disappointing part of the season

images

PlayerGPGAP+/-PIM
Connor McDavid41181533E16
Leon Draisaitl4181725-827
Valentin Zykov41101424-220
Drake Caggiula4181321-1212
Milan Lucic4161117E12
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins41 31417-48
Jesse Puljujarvi4141115-72
Ty Rattie386713+118
Ryan Spooner416612-10
Tobias Rieder364812-126
Alex Chiasson12257+22
Zack Kassian29235-923
Kyle Brodziak8000-32
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Quick Hits
~ Connor McDavid is incredible to even be putting up the numbers he is with everyone else, minus the surprising Zykov, struggling
~ A team that scores 2.37 GPG with McDavid has some serious issues.

images

BREAKING NEWS: Bakersfield Condors Update
Halfway point of the Season
The Bakersfield Condors own a record of 18-9-5, largely due to the play of veteran netminder Al Montoya. Montoya, who is mentoring the young Stuart Skinner, has a .928 SV%, good for tops in the AHL.

Prospect Kailer Yamamoto has 25 points in 32 games, while Ethan Bear has 24 in 27.

Second Half of Season

LWCRW
Nugent-Hopkins 85McDavid 94Zykov 78
Caggiula 80Draisaitl 87Puljujarvi 79
Spooner 80Khaira 79Rattie 78
Lucic 81Brodziak 78Kassian 78
Chiasson 82*Rieder 79
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
LDRD
Klefbom 84Larsson 83
Nurse 84Benning 80
Sekera 82Russell 79
Garrison 76
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
1A1B
Talbot 82Koskinen 82
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
images

BREAKING NEWS: Draisaitl sprains MCL, out 3-4 weeks
Jan. 8th, 2019
The Oilers will be missing their #2C for an extended period of time. This really dampens their already bleak playoff hopes.

Alex Chiasson returns as Leon Draisaitl exits.

images
images
BREAKING NEWS: Oilers send Chiasson to Stars for Robertson, pick
Feb.
In a pre-deadline deal, the Oilers traded pending UFA Alex Chiasson to the Dallas Stars, along with 3rd and 4th round picks in 2020, for prospect Jason Robertson and a 3rd in the upcoming Entry Draft.

Alex Chiasson suffered 2 separate injuries this season that only allowed him to play 17 games, but he posted 11 points in his limited action, and should be fresher than most come playoffs, a likely outcome for the Stars, but not the Oilers.

PlayerOVRAgePotentialPositionPlayer TypeStatsYears/AAV
Jason Robertson7719Low Top 6FLWSniper39 GP
40G-40A-80P
+10 ... 0 PIM
(OHL)
3/$0.825M
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

images
images

BREAKING NEWS: Chicago and Edmonton complete Blockbuster Trade ahead of Deadline
Feb. 21st, 2019
In a move that came out of nowhere, the Oilers acquired winger Brandon Saad and defenseman Connor Murphy from the Chicago Blackhawks for Andrej Sekera, Ryan Spooner and the 3rd acquired in the Dallas deal.

This is the second time Saad has been traded by the Blackhawks in his career. He didn't quite rekindle the magic the Blackhawks were hoping he would in his second stint with the club, while they needed a veteran defenseman to log some minutes behind Keith.

It's an interesting move for both sides, as the Blackhawks are in a Playoff position, but may have just wanted to shake things up with this offer. Meanwhile, the Oilers, outside the Playoff picture, really move laterally with this one.

Brandon Saad8326Med Top 6FLW2 way Forward61 GP
13G-21A-34P
+6 ... 26 PIM
3/$6.000M
Connor Murphy8025Med Top 4DDDefensive Defenseman61 GP
4G-12A-16P
+10 ... 31 PIM
4/$3.850M
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

images
images
BREAKING NEWS: Oilers part with 1st to rid themselves of Lucic
Feb. 25th, 2019
Less than a week after GMBK pulled off his first blockbuster trade, he managed to pull off a small miracle. Among the worst moves of the Chiarelli era, along with the Larsson for Hall trade, Brant King parted with his first round pick in 2021 to get rid of Lucic and his albatross contract. Arizona took the Draft pick, and sent back a maligned veteran of their own in Brad Richardson, along with project Laurent Dauphin, a 4th in 2019 and a 3rd in 2020.

Arizona took the pick largely based off of the Oilers inability to get out of their own way, as it;s a realistic possibility that pick could be in the lottery.

Brad Richardson7834N/AC/LW2 way Forward12 GP
0G-1A-1P
-6 ... 2 PIM
2/$1.250M
Laurent Dauphin7523Med Top 9FC/LW2 way Forward2 GP
0G-0A-0P
-1 ... 0 PIM
1/$0.790M
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Trade Deadline

tradecentre-2017.jpg

The TRADECENTRE broadcast team:
Host: James Duthie
Trade Breaker Desk: Bob McKenzie, Darren Dreger, Pierre LeBrun, and Gord Miller
Instant Analysis Panel: Ray Ferraro, Jeff O’Neill, Dave Poulin, Martin Biron, Pierre McGuire
Trade Bait: Craig Button
Deadline Panel: Jamie McLennan, Aaron Ward

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Duthie: Hello hockey fans, and welcome to the 2019 Edition of TradeCentre here on TSN. It doesn't figure to be an overly busy day here, but for Edmonton Oilers fans out there, youguys should have one of the more eventful days of hockey fans out there, as the Oilers are sellers yet again.

Ferraro: GM Brant King has played his cards pretty closely to his vest here, but my best guess would be he's ridding himself of 2-3 more players. He's seen enough out of this Chiarelli built group, and he's going to put his mark on the team. Coming into today the team has completely fallen out of the Playoff race, losing 8 straight.

Button: On that note, I'd watch for Adam Larsson, and underperforming D-man. Theres interest, but GMBK could hold off until the Draft in hopes of a better deal. Zack Kassian is probably a goner if a team ponies up a 3rd or 4th round pick, or even a reclamation prospect.

McLennan: Neith Talbot nor Koskinen was a pickup of Kings, so a team needing a backup goaltender for insurance in the Playoffs could probably have either one. Theres salary to be retained there, and they're rentals with no risk. Goaltending has once again been a real issue for the Oilers.

images

Dreger: The Oilers just announced they've traded Tobias Rieder to the Nashville Predators for a 7th round pick. A disappointing return, but probably all they could get considering the season he's had.

Ward: Rieder's been dreadful so far this season. It's speaks to the year he's had that a young forward with potential to score 20-goals, gets just a 7th round pick.

McGuire: I probably would have kept Rieder, if a 7th was all I could get. He's worth more than that easily.

images

McKenzie: The first goaltender moved of the day, Cam Talbot has been sent to Pittsburgh for a 2nd round pick in the upcoming Entry Draft. He's been the better of the two Edmonton goalies, but this is a far cry from the haul he was last traded for.

Biron: The Oilers did a great job marketing Talbot. To get a 2nd rounder for a guy with a .907 SV% points to both GMBK getting the most out of the Penguins, and it points to the Penguins being desperate for insurance behind Murray.

images
images

Miller: This is a weird one. The Oilers have sent Mikko Koskinen and goaltending prospect Shane Starrett to the Flyers for Michal Neuvirth and Calvin Pickard. They've also called up Al Montoya following the trade.

O'Neill: The Oilers now have 3 goalies on their NHL roster, and none of them are starting material. I presume the battle between Pickard, Montoya and Neuvirth will be for the Oilers to see if they have a good backup option in house, or if they are going to have to completely overhaul their NHL goaltending.

Poulin: Montoya's gotten the job done before, but so has Neuvirth. It'll be interesting to see what happens with Pickard, the youngest of the 3, as he's probably the biggest unknown out of 3 question marks.

images
images

LeBrun: Edmonton has released via Twitter that they'e acquired prospect Michael McCarron from the Montreal Canadiens for forward Kyle Brodziak. Michael McCarron will join Bakersfield of the AHL.

images

The Oilers also announced they've signed former St. Louis Blues and Buffalo Sabres forward Patrik Berglund. The 30-year old will be getting a 1 month audition for next years roster essentially.

Duthie: Very interesting Trade Deadline for the Oilers. We'll see you on July 1st for our annual Free Agent Frenzy coverage!

Michal Neuvirth8130N/AGHyrbid20 GP
8-10-1
.900 SV%
3.08 GAA
1 SO
1/$2.500M
Calvin Pickard8026Med Fringe StarterGHyrbid4 GP
0-4-0
.879 SV%
3.82 GAA
0 SO
1/$0.800M
Patrik Berglund7930N/AC/RW2 way Forward57 GP
17G-9A-26P
-5 ... 30 PIM
(17-18 NHL)
1/$0.900
Michael McCarron 74 23 Low Top 9FRW/C Power Forward 57 GP
5G-13A-18P
+3 ... 32 PIM
(AHL)
1/$0.875M
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

images

BREAKING NEWS: Cagiula suffers Concussion, done for season
March 26th, 2019
One of the Oilers plethora of youngsters, Caggiula was having a decent season, recently getting some time on the top line with McDavid after spending most of the season at C on lines 2 and 3.

images

BREAKING NEWS: Oilers sign Puljujarvi to 3-year extension
April 4th, 2019
Just hours ahead of the Oilers last home game of the season, they announced that they've signed forward Jesse Puljujarvi to a 3-year contract extension. The 20-year old has struggled defensively this season, sitting at a -20, but he has put together the best offensive season of his career so far, posting 34 points.

PlayerOVRAgePotentialPositionPlayer TypeStatsYears/AAVExt. Years/AAV
Jesse Puljujarvi8020Med EliteRWSniper80 GP
11G-23A-34P
-20 ... 6 PIM
1/$0.925M3/$3.325M
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

images

RecordHomeAwayGFPGGAPGPP%PK%DivisionConferenceLeaguePlayoffs?
35-43-415-25-120-18-32.59 (T-16th)3.15 (31st)16.9% (21st)78.8% (27th)8th15th28thNo.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
images

PlayerGPGAP+/-PIM
Oscar Klefbom82132538-240
Darnell Nurse8231922-2334
Connor Murphy83 (22)4 (0)15 (3)19 (3)+1 (-9)37 (6)
Matt Benning7341418-220
Kris Russell8201313-132
Adam Larsson703912-1728
Jason Garrison24336-69
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Quick Hits
~ Oscar Klefbom had a great rebound season
~ The rest of the defense was wildly underwhelming

images

PlayerGPGAP+/-PIM
Connor McDavid82284573+828
Valentin Zykov82252752-732
Leon Draisaitl71173148-739
Brandon Saad82 (21)16 (3)27 (6)43 (9)-2 (-8)41 (15)
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins82152843-312
Jesse Puljujarvi82122335-206
Drake Caggiula76122032-1722
Ty Rattie74181331-1020
Zack Kassian6310818-1037
Jujhar Khaira829817-1338
Brad Richardson32 (20)3 (3)3 (2)6 (5)-5 (+1)10 (8)
Patrik Berglund18044-176
Laurent Dauphin22 (20)1 (1)2 (2)3 (3)-1 (E)4 (4)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Quick Hits
~ Connor McDavid and Valentin Zykov were great
~ RNH and Draisaitl really disappointed
~ The rest of the forward corps were various degrees of failure.

images

BREAKING NEWS: Bakersfield Condors Update
End of NHL Season
Kailer Yamamoto leads the team with 18 goals and 53 points in 65 games. Prospect Tyler Benson had 13 goals and 34 points in his first AHL season.

Ethan Bear had 7 goals and 35 assists on the back end.

Goaltender Stuart Skinner went 7-7-0 with a .896 SV% in his rookie season.

Next Post: 2019 NHL Offseason

Last edited:

kinger8998

Apr 5, 2015
Nova Scotia
woof got fired just one season into a gm mode... new record. guess i'll go with chicago and enter a rebuild

Last edited:

BStinson

Nov 11, 2013
Not sure if this is the correct thread but for the first franchise draft how are you guys adding Hughes, Turcotte, York, etc. to the 2019 draft? Also if you do fantasy draft mode how are you adding NCAA players (e.g. Hughes, Wahlstrom, Farabee)? Are you just creating the players and then assigning them to some random CHL team?

Kellogs

G'night Sweet Prince
Dec 23, 2008
Ottawa
So I've been thinking about starting a new Franchise mode since my previous one is getting boring since I didn't realize how easy the drafts were going to be and now my team is sort of overpowered. But there's one thing I'm unsure of....

I previously did an expansion team, and at the end of every season you have the option to edit jerseys. If you just do a regular 31-team franchise mode, can you do the same, or is it something where I have to activate Owner's mode?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00