NHL 19 Franchise Mode Thread

JuJu Mobb

Dec 9, 2009
Offer Sheet stupidity...

Ottawa offer sheeted W. Nylander for 12M, Toronto couldn't match. The Sens, whose status is ''rebuilder'' had to pay all those 1st round picks to the Leafs.

The problem is the Sens had no more cap space for Nylander at the start of the season so he's going to play for Binghampton instead.:huh:

Reactions: grentthealien

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
Offer Sheet stupidity...

Ottawa offer sheeted W. Nylander for 12M, Toronto couldn't match. The Sens, whose status is ''rebuilder'' had to pay all those 1st round picks to the Leafs.

The problem is the Sens had no more cap space for Nylander at the start of the season so he's going to play for Binghampton instead.:huh:
That's hilarious! And kind of depressing at the same time. Will we ever get a realistic game?

Reactions: JuJu Mobb

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Has anyone seen a franchise defenseman yet? I've seen forwards and goalies, but I've yet to see any defensemen.

Drafted Laurent Beaupre, a 6’2 stud LHD from the Q 2nd overall in 2021-2022. Was a medium elite but grew to a medium franchise by age 23.

He was the anchor of my team until I traded him at 33 years old. He peaked at 94 overall and won at least 3 Norris and 2 Conn Smythe. Had 5 straight 80+ point seasons.

Played a few more franchise sims and never saw him again...

Hypernova

Apr 20, 2007
Boston, MA
www.worldwrasslinpodcast.com
Is there a new glitch or something? My little brother complained about how he got fired after his first season in 32 team expansion and i was wondering how that's even possible. Then i started a new 32 team expansion, got a losing record in my first year and lo and behold they fired me. First time ever this happens after the first season.

I dont think wins matter as much as owner goals. You can win every game and the owner will be unhappy because he wanted concession happiness at 85 not 75 dammit. Oh and how can you call your season a success when you didn't win your first game of the season??

Cypress

Mar 4, 2018
Has anyone seen a franchise defenseman yet? I've seen forwards and goalies, but I've yet to see any defensemen.
I drafted a guy that showed as low franchise, but it was only 2 bars. At start of season though he changed to top 6d or something.

Reactions: Zen Arcade

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Just a question as I never tried the expansion franchise-32teams.
If I start the 32 teams Franchise and chose to use the Leafs. Do I get to choose the players I can protect?

Seatoo

Never Stop Poasting
Oct 19, 2012
Okanagan
Just a question as I never tried the expansion franchise-32teams.
If I start the 32 teams Franchise and chose to use the Leafs. Do I get to choose the players I can protect?

I did this scenario this AM and I was able to select the players I wanted to protect.

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017
it's funny that when i add the younger players on the team, the sim plays better. i dont know what does the sim favor more off?

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
I drafted a guy that showed as low franchise, but it was only 2 bars. At start of season though he changed to top 6d or something.

I started a new franchise as Seattle and finally saw a franchise defenseman in the second year.

Wesley Holland, drafted first overall by Dallas.

SuperGM17

Jun 17, 2015
British Columbia
Yes I drafted one 1st overall named (something) Martinsen 95 ovr now! Also 2 years before that drafted Lars naslund 6’6 franchise Swede with 5star everything now and a goalie in the 5th round also franchis and also Swedish ( all 3 of my franchise players are Swedish lol)

Reactions: Zen Arcade

Kellogs

G'night Sweet Prince
Dec 23, 2008
Ottawa
I have to say that I'm starting to dislike the scouting system. Being able to know the accurate potential of players really makes it easy to draft well consistently regardless of where you end up in the standings.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I've been playing NBA 2K GM Mode, and man, it just ruins NHL GM Mode for me.

In NBA 2K, like, how deep it goes into the NBA CBA, fully customizable/downloadable draft classes and even historic draft classes. There's league meetings, so it creates a world because there's consistently different rule changes. It can as simple as adjusting how many fouls before a player fouls out, to more extreme like abolishing the salary cap. Players have different personalities.

You can do SO much with the GM Mode. You can literally find a 1990 roster, and using the historic draft classes, play right up to current day.

With NHL, it's just so limiting. It's hardly any fun.

Like, they added 200+ legends, and you can't use ANY of them in GM Mode or Season mode. That's brutal.

Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy with NHL 19, and it's certainly a step forward, but when you play Madden, or NBA 2K, it's just so far behind.

Sucks

Green Snow Storm

Jul 22, 2009
Canada

In NBA 2K, like, how deep it goes into the NBA CBA, fully customizable/downloadable draft classes and even historic draft classes. There's league meetings, so it creates a world because there's consistently different rule changes. It can as simple as adjusting how many fouls before a player fouls out, to more extreme like abolishing the salary cap. Players have different personalities.

You can do SO much with the GM Mode. You can literally find a 1990 roster, and using the historic draft classes, play right up to current day.

Like, they added 200+ legends, and you can't use ANY of them in GM Mode or Season mode. That's brutal.

Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy with NHL 19, and it's certainly a step forward, but when you play Madden, or NBA 2K, it's just so far behind.

Sucks
Agreed, it sucks because NHL 19 is actually a significant step forward when it comes to franchise mode. NBA’s franchise mode is so damn good. Would love to see something close to that with NHL.

Guess the issue is the development team for NHL is much smaller than other sports games.

Reactions: sandviper

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY

Sucks
Madden and NBA 2ks drafts suck imo ESPECIALLY Madden. How can you say its so far behind Madden when it's a joke?

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa

Sucks
I remember watching some GM Mode episodes for NBA 2k in last years game and wish we can get some of the stuff they had in there. The dialogue when negotiating (ACTUALLY NEGOTIATING) with players and setting expectations, talking to your staff, etc. were some big ones that I remember off the top of my head.

I'm reading the new changes in 2k19 and I might cop the game to play that franchise mode when I get my PS4 by the end of the year. There's just so much depth.

I don't know what we'd get from an NHL 2k game again in regards to franchise mode, but I'd love to see them get back in it and give EA competition. Even back when they were competing with EA while they were still making games for PS2, I always thought 2k had better gameplay on that console and a much better, deeper franchise mode.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I remember watching some GM Mode episodes for NBA 2k in last years game and wish we can get some of the stuff they had in there. The dialogue when negotiating (ACTUALLY NEGOTIATING) with players and setting expectations, talking to your staff, etc. were some big ones that I remember off the top of my head.

I'm reading the new changes in 2k19 and I might cop the game to play that franchise mode when I get my PS4 by the end of the year. There's just so much depth.

I don't know what we'd get from an NHL 2k game again in regards to franchise mode, but I'd love to see them get back in it and give EA competition. Even back when they were competing with EA while they were still making games for PS2, I always thought 2k had better gameplay on that console and a much better, deeper franchise mode.

2Ks franchise mode was always better. Gameplay is close, just because NHL09-NHL11 we’re actually good quality games. That said, 2K had underrated gameplay. Mainly because their graphics were poor.

Now a days, if 2K put together a sizeable staff, and gave them funding, they could easily become the better game. Announce like, NHL 2K22 and then work on that instalment until then.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
I did this scenario this AM and I was able to select the players I wanted to protect.

Just to add, you also go right into the 2018 entry draft. However, the players available are the ones who weren’t drafted and computer generated I believe.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015

Sucks

I know what you mean. One look at FIFA and you will start thinking, why can’t they just use this system.

I know that FIFA is a World Wide game and so is the NBA games. While Madden will always have more sales than NHL, but all EA needed to do is to convert/implement the FIFA system as well as some of the Madden stuff into the NHL. They don’t even need to upgrade anything.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Just to add, you also go right into the 2018 entry draft. However, the players available are the ones who weren’t drafted and computer generated I believe.
Started one last night and I got to protect players and stuff.
It is interesting that they have NTC or NMC in the expansion draft but somehow they are no longer there where you head to the trade screen.
These are little things I enjoy.
I am generally impress with the new scouting system, and it is a great huge step forward. Would be great if development can be part of how to improve players. Like how FIFA have training for players, would be great if they add that.
Another thing is more interaction with players, in short a better morale system. Like in FIFA, when a players sign a contract and if you sign him as first team player but he ends up being on the bench, he will talk to you first then ask for a trade if he still kn the bench. Stuff that make sense.

new zamboni

Aug 22, 2018
Franchise mode still crashes constantly for me. It's heartbreaking. I wonder if they'll ever fix it

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Franchise mode still crashes constantly for me. It's heartbreaking. I wonder if they'll ever fix it

Knock on wood... restarted my 5th franchise season (did 6, 4, 9 and 3 season runs) and the only crashes I got was a couple freezes if I tried to exit out of a weekly sim in the calendar. This current season I made a 32nd franchise and so far no issues.

Running on Xbox, physical copy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad