Post-Game Talk: Fourteen. Pens/Jets Plus-Minus Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

domaug*

Nov 27, 2011
Archbald, PA
also the Pens forgot to read the main board. their goaltending is actually shaky and below average at best. i wonder why nobody told them yet.

shureshot66

Aug 2, 2005
For as much as we (understandably) were depressed about how free agency went last summer, Vokoun is proving his value in spades. Very, very glad Shero was aggressive and didn't let him hit the open market.

He has been a great addition to the locker room apart from his improved play on the ice.

Thanks guys for posting the postgame interview.

Cardboard Orpik

Out 4-6 Weeks
Jun 18, 2011
- 14 > 13

- In our last 10 games, we're 30 goals for/9 goals against.

- Total domination without Fleury, Bennett, Letang, or Iginla. This team is sort of good.

- Murray and Morrow are shutting up the Shero haters pretty quickly.

- Nice to see Tangradi again, but only because he's not on our team anymore.

- I love Vokoun. I want him to win the Cup as much as I want Iginla to win it.

- As far as the lines go, let's remember something. Last year Kunitz-Malkin-Neal terrorized the league and everyone said "Oh, you can't break them up once Crosby comes back. They're too good.". Well Bylsma broke them up and now everyone is saying the same thing about our top line. Our top line is great, one of the best in the league. But it might be even better with Iggy on it. I'm of the mind to bump Dupuis (and I love Dupuis) down to the third line. Cooke - Sutter - Dupuis is an insanely good third line. For all the points he puts up, Dupuis is still one of the most ferocious forecheckers on our team and will just terrorize people alongside Cooke. It's a line with enough skill to create and finish off chances while still grinding *****es down.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
+ I don't even care about lines at this point...we have the personnel

+ 1 game closer to not peaking too early

Xavier Laflamme*

Vokoun has got to be so pumped right now. Never has he played on a team with so much talent and now with the moves we just made...he must think he's in hockey heaven. He ok'd the trade to come here for the opportunity to win a cup. Not only is he getting that but he's also playing a significant part in helping achieve that. One of the best backups in the league as he's essentially still a starting goaltender. Such a luxury.

NastyNick

Sep 7, 2007
Pittsburgh
+Psychological win, i think the Jets gave up after goal #1. You could see the looks on their faces. They wanted no part of this.

+Vokoun. He is very good in these low shot kinda games. Relaxed, doesn't get bored back there.

+Morrow. had a few turnovers in the O-zone, but overall his game was solid. Driving the net is going to make that line a nightmare to handle. Not sure he sticks though. Iginla has to go somewhere.

+Dupuis. Hes insane. Him and Kunitz are just playing pond hockey out there. Sid just feeds them. That line is incredible.

-- Refs. Felt like they were pitying the Jets. Just call the friggin game.

-Big Buff. Hes so overrated. Just brutal

PensFan68

May 6, 2003
Pittsburgh
Visit site
For as much as we (understandably) were depressed about how free agency went last summer, Vokoun is proving his value in spades. Very, very glad Shero was aggressive and didn't let him hit the open market.

He has been a great addition to the locker room apart from his improved play on the ice.

Thanks guys for posting the postgame interview.

As much as I keep wanting a young backup goalie, the revolving door vets seem to be working quite well (minus Johnson last year).

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
I kinda have a new found love for Vokoun after watching that post-game interview. Obviously I love Sid, Geno, Fleury etc. but I'd love to see some of these vets get their Cup.

I also had no idea he once played for the Nailers.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
Also did you guys catch geno just playing with people in the d zone when he had the puck.

Coast all slow, do a head fake, go the other way or just sauce it to a defenseman. He's unreal with the puck.

shureshot66

Aug 2, 2005
+Psychological win, i think the Jets gave up after goal #1. You could see the looks on their faces. They wanted no part of this.

Definitely. They still sound shellshocked about it after the game.

Dejan Kovacevic ‏@Dejan_Kovacevic
#NHLJets C Andrew Ladd: “I don’t know … this place … they scored the first goal, and we just sat back and watched them play.†#TribHKY

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Somewhere along this streak, defensively, they've found what works for them. A big part of it is forward help and back pressure and more aggressiveness with clearing bodies out in front of the net. On the PK, they just turned the switch to being more aggressive like they used to do. Very simple stuff that took way too long to see come to fruition.

I really like Morrow on Malkin's line.

For me it's simple, Morrow or Dupuis have to play on the 3rd to make room for Iginla.

Whether it's:
Kunitz-Crosby-Iginla
or
Neal-Malkin-Iginla

Either way, i'm fine with whatever DB tries to start out.

Phenom97

Feb 27, 2011
Canada
+ Morrow, guys is a nightmare for defenders in front of the net. Something we have needed for a long time.

That is all

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
Pluses to everyone, except...

- Orpik. He's just...stupid. There's really no other way to put it.

- Glass, for being 6 inches away from the boards with 4 seconds from the end of the first, and flipping it up into the bench with not a single Jet on the TV screen. You have to actually TRY to do that on purpose to succeed.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
+ Everything

- Nothing.

Dupuis cracked me up tonight, he was playing like he doesn't want to be dropped with the third line. But he did look fantastic on that last shift with Sutter :nod:

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
Not game related, but I want to say again how ****ing surreal it was to check my texts this morning and see that one that said the Pens had acquired Iginla. It was like a Hossa moment all over again. It still hasn't sunk in, I don't think.

Cardboard Orpik

Out 4-6 Weeks
Jun 18, 2011
I kinda have a new found love for Vokoun after watching that post-game interview. Obviously I love Sid, Geno, Fleury etc. but I'd love to see some of these vets get their Cup.

I also had no idea he once played for the Nailers.

I really want video of this.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Dupuis cracked me up tonight, he was playing like he doesn't want to be dropped with the third line. But he did look fantastic on that last shift with Sutter :nod:

See!!!!

I really don't think Dupuis' game changes or is affected by changing lines. He'll just score less because he's on the ice less and not getting quite as much space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad