Post-Game Talk: Fourteen. Pens/Jets Plus-Minus Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slabber Chops

Feb 20, 2005
New Zealand
I missed the game, so I watched the highlights on nhl.com.
They had two, maybe three clips of scoring chances for the Jets. Did the Pens really dominate that much ? :D

I got pulled away between the 1st and 2nd periods but from the first period, the Jets did get opportunities but you never felt that they were ever going to score. There was a big gulf between the two teams.

Cardboard Orpik

Out 4-6 Weeks
Jun 18, 2011
I got pulled away between the 1st and 2nd periods but from the first period, the Jets did get opportunities but you never felt that they were ever going to score. There was a big gulf between the two teams.

It got even worse in the second and third periods. The Pens outshot them nearly 2 to 1 and practically sent up a camp in the Jets zone. It looked like we had a powerplay for long stretches of the game.

Shwag33

May 27, 2008
How dupuis is still not recognized as a top 6 player these days I dont even know.

He's good even without sid, with him he's that much better. I'm not sure if he's hanging out with crosby in the off season or what, but he's turning into my favorite player.

jinx33

The Rust is real
Sep 11, 2006
Paris, FR
You can see how additions to the team helped a lot of players to give an extra effort, and finally have a full 60 minutes game from everyone.

Murray and Morrow does help in the system, so will Iginla.

Big plus to Adams, he really had a great game.

Other plus to Vokoun, 50 career SO, few goalies made it so far.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
How is it that we had four scratches last night: Bortuzzo (AHL conditioning), Fleury, Engelland and Jeffrey? The maximum allowed is usually three. This doesn't even include Iginla, who isn't active yet on our team. Weird.

Is there a rule that may allow for a fourth scratch? Was Zatkoff recalled under emergency conditions, so he is allowed to be the extra player until Fleury is deemed ready to play?

Either way, a roster move is coming to insert Iginla. Any guesses? Are they simply going to send Despres down again until Wednesday?

Why don't they waive Glass and call it a day?

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Big plus to Adams, he really had a great game.

I forgot to mention this and completely agree. 4-0 game and he's down blocking shots and sacrificing his body to the team. Wow does that send shockwaves through the locker room. I also saw Morrow go down to block a shot afterward while we were dominating.

That is the type of thing we need. There was desperation for 60 minutes last night. Something we haven't seen in a while.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
How dupuis is still not recognized as a top 6 player these days I dont even know.

He's good even without sid, with him he's that much better. I'm not sure if he's hanging out with crosby in the off season or what, but he's turning into my favorite player.

I love Dupuis. I still think he's our 5th best wing and would play the best with Sutter.

Terrapin

Mar 6, 2007
+ Great game and effort from everyone. Best game of the year maybe.

+ Montoya. LOL, we could have scored 10.

+ Craig Adams takes a lot of heat. But this game shows why he is on the team, and will never sit over Vitale, Jeffrey, etc. You don't see many guys diving to block slap shots when you're up 4-0 w/ 5 minutes left in the game.

= Eaton. I think his old legs could use a game off.

- The only minus that comes to mind is the multiple close ups of Kennedy they kept showing. My 3 year old was up all night crying, and I have to assume this is the reason why.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh

Dupers is definitely looked at as a top 6 player now. But he's not Iginla and what Iginla does on the ice away from the puck. Dupuis also can be that same player w/ Sutter. He's got that role about him that can move him to any line and be great.

But huge props to Dupers for becoming this player late in his career. Who would have believed it to be true?

PensFanSince1989

Oct 25, 2008
Our defence has been so much better, and as a result we have 2 very confident goaltenders at the moment.

And with Malkin back and the new additions, we can play that defensive game and still have that explosive offence.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I love Dupuis. I still think he's our 5th best wing and would play the best with Sutter.

Wow is that weird to see. We have 4 better wingers than Pascal Dupuis? Where am I?

In all honesty, I think he's our 4th best winger overall but fits the 3rd line really well.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
he may well be our 4th best wing. But Morrow fits so much better on Geno and Neal's line than he would on Sutter's line. Morrow should be starting in the O-Zone when possible. He should be playing with guys who are going to be shooting the puck. Basically, Morrow should be as close to the opposing goalie as possible at all times.

Dupuis can play anywhere. Its part of why I love him. He will be a perfect winger with Sutter.

switch23

Sep 22, 2010
Murray vs Kane

i1r2IPMERRUH3.GIF

mashsoccer37

Sep 26, 2008
Crazy stat line of the day, Dupuis is outscoring Hossa... Who would have thought the throw-in would become such an integral part of our lineup?

Dupuis: 17-9-26
Hossa: 13-10-23 (Missed 5-6 games, but still....)

My ideal lineup:

Dupuis-Crosby-Iginla (Iginla plays Kunitz' role, but with much more natural talent and skill)
Kunitz-Malkin-Neal (Bump Kunitz down to reunite last year's best line)
Morrow-Sutter-Cooke (Best 3rd line in the league?)

4th line consisting of the rest: I know he gets a lot of crap, but what a luxury it would be to have Tyler Kennedy and his "scoring touch" on the 4th line. DB has a tough decision in front of him. He knows what he is going to get from his veterans, but Bennett has played his way onto this team and I feel he should be given a real shot in the playoffs (I don't see it happening though). DB knows that PK is one of the ways to steal games in the playoffs, so I don't see him resting Tanner Glass or Craig Adams to put a rookie in, unfortunately.

UnrealMachine

Jul 9, 2012
Pittsburgh, USA
he may well be our 4th best wing. But Morrow fits so much better on Geno and Neal's line than he would on Sutter's line. Morrow should be starting in the O-Zone when possible. He should be playing with guys who are going to be shooting the puck. Basically, Morrow should be as close to the opposing goalie as possible at all times.

Dupuis can play anywhere. Its part of why I love him. He will be a perfect winger with Sutter.

Geno/Neal could have done what they did yesterday even with Glass on their line. Morrow could barely keep up with the play or make a meaningful contribution except for skating towards the goal (provided that he was afforded ample time to do so). He isn't a top-6 player at this point in his career and to put him there over Dupuis is laughable.

nTsplnk*

Dupuis is a guy that produces wherever he is in the lineup.

Put him on the third line and I guarantee he'll still put up points. He's not a player that directly benefits from Sid like Kunitz does or Neal does with Malkin.

He works hard and honestly there aren't many better top 6 wingers in the game at this point.

mashsoccer37

Sep 26, 2008
Another crazy stat I found: We have 3 of the top 6 goal scorers in the entire league.... Not that surprising until you realize who isn't included in those 3... Crosby and Malkin.

Terrapin

Mar 6, 2007
Geno/Neal could have done what they did yesterday even with Glass on their line. Morrow could barely keep up with the play or make a meaningful contribution except for skating towards the goal (provided that he was afforded ample time to do so). He isn't a top-6 player at this point in his career and to put him there over Dupuis is laughable.

Did you miss Morrow occupying 2 guys on Geno's goal? I agree, he may not be a top 6 guy anymore. But if he can't 'keep up' w/ Geno and Neal, how's he going to keep up w/ Suter-Cooke or Suter-Dupuis?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad